“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Dorval, Canada
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times and I've always been satified with the Staff, Service, Accomadations. Any time I may have made a request or experienced an issue, it was corrected immediately and to my satisfaction.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Kimberly H,

Thank you for the review of the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. It was nice to read your feedback and see that each stay you have had was enjoyable. Please feel free to reach out if I can be of any assistance and we look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Tampa.

benjamin.howell@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Aurora, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed four nights at this Embassy and I am happy to say that it was an extremely positive experience. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly, the food was great and my room was very spacious, clean and quite.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Bobby D,

Thank you for the review of the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. My team and I were thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again next time you are in Tampa.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is now the preferred hotel for my company, so I chose it on a recent trip a couple weeks ago. I don't expect Embassy Suites to be high end, but I do expect them to be what I would consider "upper middle". This one did not live up to Embassy Suites standards in my opinion.

The positive was the people. The people there were nice - from the valet to the front desk staff to the maintenance man who came up to fix the AC within minutes of my arrival. (See where this one is going?) :-)

The definite negative is the physical condition of the hotel. You can tell they are milking way more out of this hotel than they should, and they really need to invest in updating/upgrading. A few specifcs:

--> The parking deck has no elevator. Not a huge deal for me, and you can admittedly drop off luggage before you park. But it was an inconvenience to carry two bags down two tight parking deck flights of stairs. It would be a much bigger issue for more elderly folks.

--> The balcony doors were supposed to be sealed shut, but mine (on the 12th floor I think) was pried partly open. Aside from safety issues, it led to my room being 81 degrees when I arrived. The maintenance man came right up and informed me that the coil needed to be repaired/cleaned, and he quickly got me moved to a better room. The staff handled it as well as they could, but they can only do so much if the ownership doesn't invest in the infrastructure.

--> The toilet ran nonstop - literally. At home I open it up and fix it.....but no way I am doing that in a hotel room. Again, this wasn't a huge deal - but it is just one more example of the hotel getting older and in need of repair/updating.

All that said, the price was definitely lower than any other Embassy Suites I have visited (by about $40 or so.) And the location was nice - right across from a mall, so plenty of places to eat, etc. I just expect nicer properties from Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Half the rooms face west - and those higher up give a great view of Old Tampa Bay.
Dear Danny M,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I certainly understand when you travel there is a perception of the quality you get from the Embassy Suites brand. I apologize that you did not receive the experience you expected from the first room you were in. My team and I researched this and the room you were in. We addressed the shortcomings and put a procedure in place to keep them from happening again. I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the service you received. My team prides themselves in their service and it was nice to see it recognized. We hope next time you are in Tampa you will give us another opportunity. Feel free to contact me next time and I would be happy to meet you in person.

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were scheduled to have our reunion at this location in 2014. Due to unforeseen circumstances, 2 months before the event (death in the family), we had to cancel the reunion, and was told we were responsible for 80% of the cost of the banquet, and 100% responsible for the cost of the 10 rooms we blocked off. After speaking with Allyson G., she was not willing, in any way possible, to help out with this predicament. We decided since we had to pay over $1300 to cancel, we might has well come up with $200 more to hold the banquet. We worked hard to come up with the total cost of $1500 to host the banquet, but we couldn't guarantee the 10 rooms a night. It would be impossible for us to occupy all 10 rooms being that the family from out of town would not be attending just the banquet. So, we asked if we occupy at least 5 rooms per night, would that be workable due to our circumstances. To my surprise, the answer was "out right" no. We thought that showing effort to fulfill our agreement of hosting the banquet and pay the $1500, that they would have compassion and understanding and allow us to forgo the cost of 5 of the 10 required room rentals. No, they still wanted the other half of the cost of the rooms in cash. So, we asked is there any one else we could discuss this with (Ben H.), in which we were advised if we did so, they would still come back to her and ask her of her opinion. So, that ultimately says, she has the authority to work with us or not. In which, she chose not to.

Very disappointed and advise any reunion representatives not to hold a reunion with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear EdwardsReunion,

Thank you for the review of our property. Allyson made me aware of your conversation yesterday and I had already been brought in the loop regarding your situation prior to that discussion. While we certainly understand that things come up and are sorry to hear about your lost loved ones, we have tried to work with you on several fronts including reductions in pricing and fees. We feel our offer to reduce and remove some charges off of your signed contract was resonable and thought it showed our willingness to work with you. All that aside, we look forward to hosting your event later this month.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Nice clean, comfortable beds, with good service. Very nice complementary breakfast and happy hour. Front desk personel very nice. Want to make you feel welcome. Troy was great at the front desk, going the extra mile to make you feel at home.

Dear r k,

Thank you for the review of the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. We truly appreciate the feedback on our service as we strive each day to exceed our guests expectations. I wlll be sure to pass along the feedback to Troy and make sure he is recognized.

EVERYWHERE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My second stay here in the past few months. This time I was only here one week. The staff is amazing. Super friendly and willing to please.
The cooked to order omelets are some of the best that I have had. Manager's Reception at night is also first class.
Great location near 275 and you can walk across the street to the mall and have food choices from a mall food court to Maggiano's and Seasons 52.

Room Tip: High floor facing west to see the bay.
Dear JOHNRECERT,

Thank you for your feedback on the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. My team and I are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us again and found the hotel location to be good. We hope to see you and your group again soon in Tampa!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Business trip to Tampa. Very convenient to the airport and downtown. The room was very nice and the set up was a suite with a nice office area to enable me to get a lot of work done between meetings. The breakfast was excellent and included in the cost of the room. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ben H, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear mike h,

Thank you very much for the review of the Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. My team and I are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again next time you are in Tampa.

benjamin.howell@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!