“Great Suite Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great Suite Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
“Great Suite Hotel”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 NEW Stayed there for nearly a month. Its an all suite hotel with a large living and a large bedroom. 3rd floor rooms have an attached kitchen with a cooking range, dishwasher, full size refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast in Embassy suites is as great as always with a great spread from made to order omlettes to waffles etc. The managers reception every evening offers free alcoholic drinks and is well attended. Shuttle services to and from the airport as well as within a 3 mile radius are provided. The westshore mall is just opposite and can be walked to. Chipotle, a large Walgreens, Panera Bread and other stores are at a walking distance.

Dear Arunkmurthy,

Thank you for your time in writing about us in TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words and are very pleased that you choose to stay here with us in Tampa. We realize that you have many choices in accommodations and appreciate the opportunity to serve you here.

Please feel free to contact me personally if I may ever be of any assistance with future reservations needs here. We would love to have you back again.

505 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Tampa, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

“Great business hotel”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 NEW This place is terrific. Rooms are huge and breakfast is GREAT! I am not sure why this review must have 200 characters, but I will type what I need to say that this is a very nice hotel that I frequent. The pool is nice and did I mention the breakfast is GREAT. Oh yes and I needed 200 characters...Ugggg

Dear Joseph D,

Thank you for taking your time out to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback (200 characters or not) and most certainly your business.

Please feel free to contact me personally if I may ever be of any assistance to you with a future reservation.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The rooms were very nice, appearance was very nice but the service at the hotel was poor. We tried getting a hotel shuttle and that took forever to the point where we had to walk to the restaurant and back to our hotel. In addition, we chose Embassy suites because of the full breakfast. When we asked what time breakfast started they said 6:30am. We booked the hotel and planned on having breakfast before our early flight. When we arrived for breakfast they said they were not serving breakfast until 7am because it was a holiday on Monday and would not accommodate us with allowing us to have any of the cold food items. Overall they were very rude. I find that it is very disappointing to have a nice hotel but staff that do not communicate around service times (e..g. when the shuttle runs, when breakfast starts) then treat the guests like a burden.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Member,

Thank you for taking your time out to comment on your recent stay with us in Tampa. I apologize for the inconsistencies in product and service that you encountered during your visit here with us. We truly have a great team here and I'm disappointed that we miscommunicated proper timing for our breakfast as it had changed with the holiday. They all should have been properly updated to share this properly with you.

I also must apologize for our poor timing on your shuttle service. This is typically a great amenity for our guests to utilize and I am disappointed that we turning this into a negative for you.

We most definitely appreciate your business and I am truly sorry if any of our team members treated you in any way other than with great aggressive hospitality. I have shared your comments with our Front Office and Breakfast teams so that this type of experience can be eliminated in the future.

Again I thank you for making us aware of the issues that you encountered so that we may work to improve here. If you plan to stay in the area again I would appreciate the opportunity to show you that we can serve you better. Please feel free to contact me personally referring to this review and I will provide you with a special rate and upgrade.

minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Lindsey T minneapolis
1 review “perfect location”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 NEW Big nice & clean rooms. Free breakfast & evening reception is a huge plus! Decor is nicely updated & modern. Will stay here when again in Tampa. Staff is also courteous and professional. In room dining menu was nice & the food was great! Didn't get to use the outdoor pool but it looked nice. Also close to airport, and both the Westshore and International Mall.

Dear Lindsey T,

Thank you for taking your valuable time out to write about us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business as well as your feedback greatly.

Our team here really makes the difference and you are correct it is a big help for us to be so conveniently located to both malls.

Please feel free to contact me at any point in the future if I am able to assist you with any further reservations needs.

San Antonio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The location to my work place was perfect. The staff very helpful and courteous. Free reception and breakfast awesome. The lobby has two water features that I could have stared at for a nice relaxing period of time. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful to my every need.

Dear Jimmy D,

Thank you for taking your time out to write about your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing us. We value your feedback greatly and are please that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Our team here truly makes the difference for us but our renovations over the past two years have really improved our product as well.

vaughan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

staying at Embassy Suites was a great experience. we would definitely recommend this hotel to all or friends and family that will be interested to come to Tampa. The food, the hospitality and the cleanness was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Robert M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in Tampa during your recent visit here and thank you for taking your time out to write about us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business greatly and we are very pleased that you had a great experience here with our property and team members.

Please feel free to contact me personally in regard to reservations here for any future visit you may be planning to Tampa.

Tampa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is a little old and probably in need of a renovation, however the value is great. The rooms are spacious and the breakfast is great. The lobby has a cool waterfall on the wall. The shuttle service to/from the airport was great, they came and picked me up as soon as I arrived, and it was easy to find the pickup point.

Dear Stephen H,

Thank you for taking your time out to review your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and will utilize it to continue to help us to improve upon our products and services here.

Our hotel did undergo Phase one and Phase two of our rooms renovation last year and 199 of our 243 suites were renovated to include new carpet, paint, soft seating, draperies and sheers and kitchen areas. We hope to complete the process in 2014. The balance of our suites had been completely redone in 2009.

Our convenient airport location allows us to offer complimentary shuttle service for our guests within a 3 mile radius in addition to our airport shuttle service. I'm please that you were able to take advantage of it during your stay.

Please contact me if I may be of any help regarding future reservations.

Roger.Brown@Hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!