“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
San Antonio, United States
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The location to my work place was perfect. The staff very helpful and courteous. Free reception and breakfast awesome. The lobby has two water features that I could have stared at for a nice relaxing period of time. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful to my every need.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Jimmy D,

Thank you for taking your time out to write about your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing us. We value your feedback greatly and are please that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Our team here truly makes the difference for us but our renovations over the past two years have really improved our product as well.

Roger.Brown@Hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
vaughan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

staying at Embassy Suites was a great experience. we would definitely recommend this hotel to all or friends and family that will be interested to come to Tampa. The food, the hospitality and the cleanness was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Robert M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in Tampa during your recent visit here and thank you for taking your time out to write about us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business greatly and we are very pleased that you had a great experience here with our property and team members.

Please feel free to contact me personally in regard to reservations here for any future visit you may be planning to Tampa.

Tampa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is a little old and probably in need of a renovation, however the value is great. The rooms are spacious and the breakfast is great. The lobby has a cool waterfall on the wall. The shuttle service to/from the airport was great, they came and picked me up as soon as I arrived, and it was easy to find the pickup point.

Dear Stephen H,

Thank you for taking your time out to review your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and will utilize it to continue to help us to improve upon our products and services here.

Our hotel did undergo Phase one and Phase two of our rooms renovation last year and 199 of our 243 suites were renovated to include new carpet, paint, soft seating, draperies and sheers and kitchen areas. We hope to complete the process in 2014. The balance of our suites had been completely redone in 2009.

Our convenient airport location allows us to offer complimentary shuttle service for our guests within a 3 mile radius in addition to our airport shuttle service. I'm please that you were able to take advantage of it during your stay.

Please contact me if I may be of any help regarding future reservations.

Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites while I was doing some cooking shows at the convention center. The front desk staff were polite and efficient. Our room was one of the largest I've stayed in in recent memory: Large living area, separate kitchenette with fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker and ample counter space, and a very large bedroom with separate vanity and bath space. The furnishings were clean and comfortable, as were the beds. We enjoyed the Manager's Reception each evening with free unlimited drinks (not just beer and wine) and light snacks (cheese, crackers, hummus, chips, etc). We had the option of enjoying this inside or out on the spacious deck. They offer a full complimentary breakfast that also includes omelets made to order. Since we booked the hotel thru a discount service, the cost of our stay was about half of the rates listed on other internet sites. The only drawbacks? The $8 per night parking fee (more if you opt for valet) and the $12.95 daily internet fee (many similar Tampa 3-star hotels offer free parking and free wifi) so be sure to factor that into the cost of your stay. However, since we paid so little to be there, this was not a problem for us.

Dear Warren C,

Thank you for taking your time out to write about your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We value your feedback greatly and we are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us here.

The majority of our suites are as you mentioned "quite large" as compared to other Embassy Suites properties. The value of the Brand offering in all inclusive full cooked to order breakfast as well as the Complimentary Evening Reception just cannot be beat.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and please feel free to contact me regarding any future reservations needs.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Aside of the halfway decent breakfast buffet, there's no reason to stay at this hotel. My fiancé and I were in Tampa looking for a hotel, I wanted to stay at a hotel on the bay, she wanted to stay at embassy because she likes the past experiences at different ones and thought it would save money. What a joke. Don't waste your time. We called embassy on the way, we were told the rate was $119 with taxes and fees the total would be $133. We also called the grand Hyatt Tampa bay and the rate was the exact same. We checked out and the I reviewed my credit card statement online to see that embassy charged me almost $163!!! The room was small and dated. The furniture and bedding was like a motel 6. The shower had mold in it, the grout in the shower was disgusting. The view from our window was the gross roof of the Waffle House. The buffet was good with the exception of the cold coffee but for the price we paid, Id rather stay somewhere better and eat breakfast somewhere else. I will never return to an embassy suites anywhere especially this one nor would I ever recommend this hotel to anyone. Do yourself a favor and go stay 5 mins away at the grand Hyatt Tampa bay. It's on the bay, has great views, newer and cleaner looking rooms. Nicer furniture bigger rooms and when they tell you $133 on the phone, you can be sure that's what u will be charged. They are the exact same price so you do the math. I'm highly disappointed with this hotel and I would rather sleep in my car before returning to this hotel...

• Stayed August 2013
Pennstr, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Georget33,

Thank you for your time and comments in regard to your recent stay with us in Tampa. I apologize that you had an unsatisfactory experience with us here. I see that you stayed in one of our smaller end unit suites that is not quite as spacious as our others. The main body of our hotel suites was just renovated last year but the end units were done 3 years ago.

Please contact us regarding your charges as it looks as though the quoted charges are all that there were. Any remaining additional charges may be just an authorization.

If you are willing to give us another try I would love to show you that we do in fact have a great hotel here and in a great location. If you would like to try us again please contact me and I will arrange a stay that you will enjoy.

Ross on Wye
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed twice in August, with either a post midnight check in or a 4am check out, both handled well. Second time my wife did the check in and was told we had been upgraded, but no different to the first night's room, or what I booked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chrisn1701,

Thank you for taking your time out to write about your recent stays with us in Tampa. We appreciate your business and feedback greatly.

Although your room types booked for the two separate stays are very similar your second stay was on our top floor with a Bayside suite and view. This is one of our guest's favorite upgrades. I apologize if there was any confusion there of if there wasn't adequate time for you to appreciate the view.

Thank you for choosing us and please feel free to contact me for any future reservations needs here.

Mission Viejo, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Room furnishings were old and bathroom fixtures not very nice. Room amenities, microwave, etc were not up to Embassy Suites standards. We have stayed at 3 Embassy Suites this summer - one in Dallas, one in Austin and this one in Tampa. The other two were far better in appearance and overall experience than the one in Tampa. Had we stayed in Tampa first, we would never have gone to the Dallas and Austin locations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Carla H,

Thank you for taking your time out to review your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and will utilize your comments to continue to work to improve our property and our performance.

The main body of our guest suites was renovated last year finishing up in late July including new carpet, paint, soft seating, window treatments, top of bedding and kitchen areas including refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. While our hard furniture was not replaced nor the art and lamp package this was quite an improvement for us here. We still look forward to completing this project however as well as the bathrooms which will certainly pull it all together.

I thank you again for your time and thank you for choosing Embassy Suites hotels. It is an excellent brand and I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations here in Tampa.

If you have plans to be back in the area again please contact me for reservations here as I would love the opportunity to show you that we are an excellent hotel where you can have a great stay.

Roger.Brown@Hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!