“Wonderful hotel with just the right amenities and a friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 N. Westshore Blvd., Tampa, FL 33609   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
FL Resident Rate
Ranked #47 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
“Wonderful hotel with just the right amenities and a friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Absolutely wonderful stay at the Embassy Suites Tampa Westshore. Every staff member we came in contact with was extremely friendly and professional. Staff at both breakfast and reception were extremely attentive and kept all items well stocked.

Rooms were amazing! Plenty of space to stretch out in and once again every needed amenity was readily available in the room.

Pool was kept clean with a constant flow of clean towels made available. Hot tub was kept at a comfortable temperature and was very relaxing to sit in.

If Hilton hotels has a "gold" list then this hotel belongs on it!

• Stayed June 2013
KevinVarr, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear TampaChris25,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us! The team was exciting to know that you enjoyed the service, our suites, and the pool area. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

This past week was our second staycation at this hotel. We have a family of six, so the standard room with two queens and a fold out sofa,works great. The staff at the hotel have always been outstanding and very helpful, especially the morning buffet staff. Both breakfast and the evening reception were great - one of the best for an Emassay Suites. The Kids loved the pool.

The hotel is located off I-275, just before the bridge to St. Pete and just south of the Tampa airport. The entire Bay area is within 20 minutes of this place. Just across the street is a large mall with many places to shop and eat.

On the down side, it is obvious that this hotel didn't start out as an Embassy Suites. It was converted to suites by combining two older rooms. The bathroom of one of the rooms became the kitchen area, making it very spacious; however, underwhelming with the furnishings. The parking garage is very crowded and eight bucks per night ($15 for valet).

Both times that we have gone here we booked on the Hilton website and got a advanced purchase rate of about $84, an excellent deal! I don't recall last time, but this time, after I paid. I noticed that rate only applied to the first night. The second night was about $50 more. Still an okay price given everything.

All things considered, this is a great hotel to stay at if you are visiting the Bay attractions with your family.

• Stayed May 2013
LeslieAnnPagan, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Bill J,

Thank you for writing a detailed review. You outlined our location very well. We are very fortunate to be located in such a nice area with so many places to eat and visit. You are correct that our hotel was converted to an Embassy Suites and therefore we do not have the atrium set up found in many Embassy Suites. Because we are an older property, our rooms tend to be a bit larger, but we do have a variety of room types. Many of kitchen areas are very large because at one time they had full kitchens with a stove and large refrigerator (many of our rooms still have that feature for those who need it).

With a family of 6, if you are ever staying in Tampa for a longer period of time, I would recommend looking into our 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite with a full kitchen. It is SUPER comfy for families! :)

We hope to see you soon!

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am usually not one to write negative reviews, but I feel like there were several negative aspects of our stay that couldn't be overlooked. I purchased the Groupon deal and my family (2 children under 5) and I stayed here for one night. We are from Tampa, and were excited for a nice "stay-cation" and were looking forward to enjoying the pool and the amenities after reading good reviews here. I am sad to say that we were extremely disappointed. The moment we walked into our room (900), a strong mildew and musty odor overwhelmed us. We couldn't even open the windows to air it out. We were told that there were no other available rooms, so we decided to head to the pool for fresh air. The pool was disgusting...VERY cloudy, dirty, and the drains were clogged with trash. I will say that the breakfast was pretty good and staff was attentive, and the man bussing tables was very friendly. Overall, we would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear JKLM2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. Feedback is always helpful, good and bad. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced with your room and with the pool area. The issues have been addressed with the team to avoid having similar issues repeated in the future. This is not the standard of hospitality we provide and I hope you visit us again to give us another chance.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me to discuss these issues further and/or if you choose to return.

Port Charlotte, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our 5th trip to the Embassy-Westshore. We love it here. You can't beat the value for the money--Manager's Reception, Pool/Hot Tub, Full Breakfast with customized omelettes if you want, two room suites, etc... We were put in a beautiful location--could see Tampa Bay and the pool. Thank you Embassy. From the moment you arrive to the time you leave, the staff take care of you. Our only complaint would be the number of children in the pool--they took over the whole thing, i.e., throwing balls and diving (which is not allowed). We love the renovation, BTW. You feel like you are in Bali--Polynesian Atmosphere.

Room Tip: Rooms with two double beds are normally larger. Minimum of 8th Floor (front) will give you view of p...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear PJ_Cruzer_Kitty,

It is always a pleasure to read reviews from loyal customers that continue to have great experiences at our hotel. During certain times of the year our guests do take more advantage of the pool and there can be a lot of activity outside. Please feel free to inform our staff if you see other guests doing things that are dangerous and/or conducting themselves in a way that interferes with your positive experience with any of our amenities on property. We hope that we see you again and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Have a great day!
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I got a good rate from Hotel Tonight ($84 w tax), but checked my debit card charges online today, and the hotel charged my card $133.06. Thinking this amount didn't look like the typical hold amount, I called the hotel for an explanation. After back and forth with a few people, I was put on hold for 17 minutes before being told that they accidentally charged me for a room that night, and that I'd be refunded $110.88. I argued about $110.88 is not the same as $133.06, and that the only incidental charge should be $8 for parking. Put on hold again for 11 minutes, then was told my card would be refunded everything except $8.56 for parking (now they're taxing the parking), that it will take 3-5 business days to get that, and then the girl hung up. Not once did I get an apology. Not once will they ever get my business again.

• Stayed May 2013
KevinVarr, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear TigerB8r,

Your feedback is so important to what we do everyday! I want to apologize for the challenges that you experienced with the billing of your reservation. I have addressed your comments with the team and we are reviewing your reservation so that we can prevent a similar experience in the future. The necessary steps have been taken to adjust your account. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Kevin
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here one night prior to our European trip and also one night upon our return. I have no complains whatsoever on my stay. The evening social was amazing..... free drinks, cheese and crackers, beer nuts, and chips. What a nice way to welcome the guests.

The beds were very comfortable as were the fluffy pillows. We had the 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite and it was fantastic. I booked this room on line, getting the military discount -- for which I got a very good price.

The shuttle to the airport runs every half hour in the mornings. They were very prompt in picking us up at the airport too.

Breakfast was wonderful. What a selection! -- Bacon, omelets, sausage, eggs, home fries, waffles, donuts, fresh fruit, yogurt and several kinds of juice.

I will definitely be staying here on our next visit to Tampa.

Room Tip: Check on-line -- the prices are better than calling directly.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lovesNY,

I am very happy to hear about your stay at our property to begin and end your travels. The suite you stayed in is indeed very comfortable for a large family for short and extended stays. I definitely hope you return to visit us and take advantage of Tampa's Florida weather! Thank you very much for the review and taking the time to let other future guests know a little bit about our property.

Best Regards,
Hoover, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great location, friendly staff, delicious food for breakfast, reception, and dining room. The front desk staff were really on the ball and went out of their way to let us know of everything going on in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear James S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and our staff. It is always nice to hear that our staff has made you feel welcome and were hospitable during your time with us. We hope you return soon.

Have a great day!