“Great short stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Knoxville, TN
“Great short stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

There were 12 of us that stayed 2 nights while awaiting our cruise ship departure. This hotel is modern and accommodating. Pool is pretty and clean. Breakfast buffet is wonderful with fresh made omelets if you so choose. Close proximity to both malls with a wonderful selection of places to eat and the hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. Everyone at the hotel went above and beyond. Almost felt as if I were in a resort! Would not hesitate to stay here again. Don't miss the managers special from 5:30 to 7:30 every night with open bar and snacks. I enjoyed my 2 night stay here more than the cruise that followed (seriously).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LeslieAnnPagan, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear aprila220,

Thanks so much for your posting. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you return to visit soon!

Front Office Supervisor- Guest Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Staying in a hotel with kids is not something that I look forward to, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Airport location Embassy Suites. The layout is ideal for a family traveling with children. The main entrance and living area (and kitchenette!!!) is separate from the sleeping area. I recommend booking a "bayview" room (which we did) instead of a "poolview" room. The difference is that the top floors of the hotel are "bayview." My kids loved seeing the planes cross their path. I loved seeing the Tampa sunset. The breakfast in the morning was top-notch...a great selection, and my kids made a special friend in Daphney who was very helpful, very friendly, and should be commended for taking the extra step to make her guests feel comfortable.

Room Tip: I recommend booking a "bayview" room (which we did) instead of a "poolview" room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LeslieAnnPagan, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear TDOH_12,

Thank you so much for the compliment. We do pride ourselves on always doing our best to meet our guests' needs. Our pool view rooms are the lower floors. If you like city views, the higher floors on the back side of our building are very nice.

Thanks!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Let me start this review by stating that when I travel w/family, I use Embassy Suites more frequently than almost any other chain. I do so because of the value & amenities but in the last few years, I have had a couple issues with E/S hotels.

About 4 years back, my son & I stayed in the E/S in the Baymeadows section of Jacksonville, Fl. Upon checking into the room, it smelled 'funny'. The bathroom floor was coated with, eyuck, body hair and although the bed was made, the sheets were stained w/God only knows what- nasty stained. They were polite, changed our room & comped us for it but it really left a bad taste in my mouth for a hotel I've stayed in more than 10x over the last decade or so. I haven't been back since in my visits to Jax.

More recently, my son & I stayed @ the E/S Westshore in Tampa one night this weekend. He had to prep for a test so I hid in the bedroom. My 1st complaint has to do w/the TV's- they were Sharp brand TV's but they were the slowest channel changing TV's I ever saw- very frustrating.

About 30 minutes after I crawled into the bed, I started...itching. At first I thought it was my imagination, attributing the itching to the humidity or the sheets but after about an hour, I couldn't take it anymore. I was itching from chin to toe.

I hopped up out of bed and my lower left leg was covered w/red bite marks. I don't know if it was fleas or bedbugs but again, I was not happy. The desk quickly swapped our rooms, apologized and again comped it for us but I have to wonder about the quality control.

Would I stay there again? Not really sure. The location was good and the rest of the hotel was acceptable but that bug issue really put a kink into that night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
LeslieAnnPagan, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear lspect01,

I am sorry to hear that you had an issue during your stay with us. We did follow up with the original room you had been checked into as well as the room you had been moved to. We did not find any signs of bed bugs or fleas, however, as a precaution; it is standard for us to treat the rooms for pests. Both have been looked at again after the treatment.

We do hope that you return and if you need any additional information, please feel free to contact our general manager who reached out to you after your stay regarding this situation.

Best Regards,
Front Office/Guest Services
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We visited this hotel over a three night period. This is not a true Embassy hotel. It appears to be one that was renovated to carry the Embassy Suites name. For starters, the kitchen staff closed for breakfast 30 minutes before time and started clearing the food. They turned off the soda fountains for juice etc. within that 30 minute time frame. Also, the manager was not friendly at all when we complained and the front desk staff was not very friendly. Needless to say we were very disappointed. If we ever go to Tampa again, we will stay at the location downtown.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Crowley, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while my son's baseball team played in a tournament in Tampa, and it was fabulous from start to finish. Allyson Garcia was so helpful in getting our team reservations and making sure that all of our 13 rooms were to our liking. And what rooms! Although the first suite we were put in was a corner suite, which was really cramped for my large family, the staff immediately moved us to a regular suite, which was huge. My beautiful suite had a large sitting area, big bedroom, nice-size bathroom, and a full kitchenette complete with full-size refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, sink, and plenty of cabinets. My family of 6 had plenty of room to move around and never felt crowded for the 6 nights we stayed there. The free breakfast was fantastic, especially the omelet station - wow! The free manager's reception was so nice in the evenings - appetizer-type foods, soft drinks for the kids, adult beverages from the bar, and an awesome patio area to enjoy it all. The pool area was large and beautiful, and since it wasn't located smack dab against the hotel, guests who are trying to rest/relax in their rooms never hear the noise from kids enjoying the pool. The workout room was awesome, as well. I can't say enough about the staff there; they were courteous, accommodating, and all-out friendly. If I ever go back to Tampa, I will definitely stay in this hotel!

Room Tip: Corner suites have a much smaller sitting area, which is fine for a single person or couple, but if...
Dear Pam K,

Thank the kind words. We do pride ourselves on always doing our best to meet our guests' needs. I am very glad to hear that your entire family had fun and enjoyed their stay with us. Please come again!

Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Tampa Airport ES maintains the high level of quality for the price that I have come to expect from this chain--not an easy task in today's economy. The room's decor was still a bit dated, but this was downplayed by a several positives. The full course breakfast included a well-stocked hot buffet, some elements of the classic continental (just not very much fruit), and made-to-order eggs including overstuffed omelets. The gym included elliptical trainers, Stairmasters, and several treadmills and was fairly active even in the early morning--an indication that other's enjoyed it as well. The pool was clean and structured nicely to allow for family fun and single use. I particularly enjoyed the evening time when I had the pool almost to myself. The Airport ES is well-placed and conveniently located to service both business and leisure activities. There is a small mall across the street, but the up-scale International Plaza is only a 10-minute drive away. Freeway access is nearby as well. In addition, the hotel provides shuttle service to and from the Airport--a plus for both business and leisure travelers.

I was disappointed that the room lacked a safe and that of three elevators; only one seemed to work during the morning. When your room is on the 14th floor, you'll have to factor in a hotel commute as you will stop on every floor on the way down. I was also a little disappointed with the trend towards charging for internet, although the cost can be mitigated by joining the Honors program.

Overall, the upsides overshadowed the downsides, and the ES continues to provide the quality service I have come to expected.

Room Tip: The fourth floor does have king suites with kitchenettes, although the stairwell access to the lobby...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Cindy E,

Thanks for taking the time to write a response of our property and your stay. As an additional comment, our shuttle goes to the airport as well as to other locations in a 2-3 mile radius. This includes lots of restaurants and both malls as well as many offices of business travelers that work in the area.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My stay at the ES during my family reunion trip was very good. The service was excellent, the location superb, the value great. Complimentary made to order daily breakfast was crowded but worth the wait. The evening reception was not very crowded and stronger drinks were served upon request! I found all the hotel staff (with the exception of the breakfast crew) to be helpful and friendly in the EXTREME. I am so pleased that this hotel went above and beyond to make our family reunion experience a great one.

Dear peajai,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during your family reunion. We definitely pride ourselves on customer service and hope that we are striving to be considered the friendliest hotel of the area. :) Please come again and thanks for the kind words.