“AVOID this RUDE place.” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“AVOID this RUDE place.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

After making a reservation with MY credit card, I was not allowed to check in because I had put my husband's name as the main person on the reservation. (NOTE: I had tried to check in earlier when the room was not ready and was told to come back in a few hours and was not told that I would not be able to check in at the later hour!). The crazy policy is not the worst thing about this motel. The supervisor (ANA) was curt, rude and had no sense of customer service when delivering the bad news--that they would not allow me to check in. When returning later with my husband to check in, the general manager (Hector) was even worse. His first words were "I am not going to apologize" in a very combative tone. He was extremely rude and hostile--which is shocking considering he was talking to customers. We asked for the owners name so we could speak to him/her about the policy. Hector refused to give us the name. I am shocked that these people are still employed and working with the public. This was an "event hotel" and were also reported to the group organizers.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Let me start by saying I am 47, travel a lot in North America and Asia and am extremely tolerant and pragmatic with hotel situations. This is only the second time I have ever felt compelled to tell people not to stay at this hotel.

Our family group convened at this hotel prior to a cruise. We got 3 rooms and upon checking in were not told about the pool not being heated. Upon discovering this I reported it to management and was told a technician was on the way. I talked to some guests checking out after their 1 week stay and they claimed they were told the same thing. I looked at reviews on trip advisor and it became apparent that they don't heat the pool despite the fact they advertise it on the internet and on their street front sign. My kids were very disappointed after the long drive from Canada! I complained further and was told "well you're from Canada you guys should be used to that." Funny answer but not very professional.

Eclipsing the pool issue is the deplorable condition of the rooms. I accused my son of walking outside in his bare feet when I saw how black they were. We determined it was the carpet in the room causing this. There was unvacuumed filth in the corners and we had to keep our shoes on at all times when in the room. We actually had to wash our shoe soles before embarking on our cruise out of respect to Norwegian Cruise Lines. The beds were very comfortable and clean, but the fiber board wall to the exterior that flexes considerably when we closed our door to room 103 and the dated windows, let in every bit of noise from outside. Being an outside access door facing a busy street in a sketchy part of town we had to crank the fan on the climate control system to try to get some sleep.

Topping it all off is the disgusting treatment and attitude you get from the management (namely Hector and Brenda). They tried to charge us $30 more than our agreed rate which was already insanely expensive for what you get. When we called them out on that they backed down but then insisted on charging $12 a head for the short ride to the cruise port. I don't understand why this hotel with the myriad of complaints against, isn't made to clean up their act. Please save yourself the aggrivation and stay anywhere else. There are rooms near the port for 1/3 the price that will give you the same feel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Carpet was dirty but besides that it's a decent stay. The breakfast was actually good. Even though its right next to a Airport, it doesn't seem to get much traffic. Chances are I would probably book somewhere else next time. That doesn't mean this was a bad place. I just would prefer to stay somewhere else

• Stayed August 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked this hotel for 1 night prior to cruising. We are both in our early 70's and a bit physically restricted. Shuttle service from the airport (free) and to the cruise port (small charge) was excellent and the drivers great. The desk people were very good. We were given a 2nd floor room. Leaving the desk and directed to the elevator to go to our room we found you had to go outside to get to the elevator and that the rooms were all entrances from outside. We were dragging 2 suitcases, a wheelchair & a couple of small articles. Got to the 2nd floor and off the elevator and found you then had to get on another small service type open elevator (1 person & 1 suitcase) to get down to the actual room level - 4 steps otherwise. It didn't work, so we had to drag everything down the steps. The room & furniture were dated and the carpet was filthy. The bath had been upgraded somewhat and was physically fairly clean. Of course the service elevator wasn't working in the morning either and I had to have the desk clerk go try to get it going - she couldn't, so she had to help the wife bring the wheelchair and a suitcase down. We didn't make breakfast - it shut down at 9:30 AM on the weekend!! I am a Choice Hotel member and this was by far one of the worst properties we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been a choice hotels member since 2002. I booked a room for a convention several months ahead of time. I show at up 4:45 PM and there is no reservation in my name. So I have to go back to my car and dig it up. I dig up my number, and she replied "oh, we cancelled it at 4PM because your card was declined." Because of a security flag on my credit card, they cancelled my room right at 4:02 pm. I couldn't be reached because I was on an airplane. The manager let my room go the minute he had the chance and basically kicked me to the curb, leaving me with no hotel room when everything in the area is sold out. You see, they can get more money for high demand rooms for people looking at the last minute. Did the front desk apologize? No. Did she offer to search other Choice hotels in the area? No. I called corporate customer relations, and they had the same unsympathic attitude, and offered no apology or help in finding another room in the area. So next time you book a room at this hotel or any Choice Hotel, remember that they will treat your reservation like a poker chip, and will let your room go to the next highest bidder when given the chance. They are not concerned about hospitality, they are all about fine print and profit.

Lucky for me I had a rental car because I ended up having to stay all the way out to Clearwater. I was in town for a major business convention, and if I hadn't have found the place in Clearwater I would have been stuck.

Also- the hotel website photos are a LOT nicer than the actual hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't like staying in rooms with the door leading outside. I'd rather stay where I go to the lobby to get to my room. The bathroom was small and it's located about 5 or 6 miles from the airport. The rooms/furniture was old.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent hotel, connects to airport with courtesy shuttle and with cruise terminal at small charge. Clean tidy comfortable room, great service and breakfast included ( though the small breakfast room does easily get crowded ). Fresh food Market real close open long hours and restaurants also nearby.

• Stayed February 2015

Been to Quality Inn Airport? Share your experiences!