“stayed before cruise from tampa” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #66 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Mona, Utah, United States
“stayed before cruise from tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

king bed comfy the room was clean and staff very friendly continental breakfast with waffles. It is a older hotel in good shape, it was a clean place for a great price. Fresh Market across street we went and got a delicious sandwich. during the day felt very safe we never went out at night and in the area it seemed to us a good choice. quiet and had a free shuttle from airport and $8 for the shuttle to cruiseport. Had a refridgerator and microwave and coffee maker in room and free coffee in lobby.

Room Tip: 2 level motel, no elevator we were on the 2nd level but we felt safer on the second level, looks lik...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Stony Brook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed over night after dropping son off at University of Tampa. I was checked in by a very friendly and accommodating young lady (last name Turso) who also called the room after I checked in to see if there was anything I needed. While checking in I also had the opportunity to observe her interactions with other guests and was very impressed by how she would have maintenance sent to handle problems and provide directions to nearby restaurants to guests. She is an asset to the Choice hotel family. I was pleasantly surprised by the bag of "goodies" I received on check in for being a choice rewards member. Breakfast was adequate with a very large variety. Given the reasonable price of the room, the breakfast should really be rated excellent. Checked out by ypatel who was also very friendly. This is the first review I've ever written, but I was pleasantly surprised by the employees at this hotel so I had to write

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Whilst visiting my friend Chad in Tampa, we needed a cheap hotel to sleep for the night near to the area we had planned for partying.

This hotel delivered. We had a small dip in the pool after a day at Clearwater, before readying for our night out. The location for good for what we required. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The only let down was the "continental breakfast" and the fact the hotel was dated. Otherwise solid.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

When on the road without my wife, I try to stay inexpensively, saving the more lavish hotels for our time together. In doing so, I can often experience less than quality places. Not the case with this hotel. It is dated, but updated. It is very clean in all areas and the staff is friendly and helpful. My room was very comfortable, breakfast was fresh. Check in by Danielle was fast and thorough! She covered every aspect and answered every question before i could ask. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Near the airport. Lots of local and chain restaurants and bars. Near the water.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I have been here before and have reviewed it before. This review is based on a stay from June 10-15, 2014.

It's older but kept nicely. When in South Tampa I will typically go here. It's reasonably priced and an excellent value on balance. King Size Room, Non-Smoking with a Fridge and a Microwave. Parking near your door in a secured parking lot.

They have changed their housekeeping staff since I was here in January 2014 and frankly liked the old crew better. The new crew is OK but they are loud and slow. That interfered a number of times with my schedule.

The free Wi-Fi is adequate based on the speed Test (Photo Provided)

A number of people have mentioned the Pillows. For some reason the whole Choice Hotel Group uses this 4 or 5 piece square pillow setup. In the USA we use rectangular pillows and these square thingys are hard for people to get used to. If I'm alone in a King I make do, but when I have a companion I have to ask for more pillows. You should do the same if you have an issue.

The Breakfast is the Standard Choice Hotel Group fare and it is served correctly and the staff keeps everything full and ready for a heavy guest load.

South Tampa can be very expensive and this location provides an excellent value. If you're in the area and are budget conscious you will find this works very well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights during a conference. The room was clean and spacious. Hotel staffs were quite friendly and helpful. It is conveniently located near a couple of good restaurants. The breakfast was really better, I must say, compared to other hotels with same price ! It is not located near the convention center, but a cab can take you there within 10 minutes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

After having stayed at a somewhat dodgy motel the previous night, me and 5 other friends rented a couple of rooms for a night's stay.

We were pleasantly surprised, the hotel offered great facilities, a nice pool area and friendly staff.

The rooms were clean and spacious. We had two 4 person bedrooms (two doubles in each), and the bathrooms and A/C were great.

Given the price, it is a little more expensive than some other motels in the area but for good reason.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn Airport? Share your experiences!