“Helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 159 hotels in Tampa
weldon spring
“Helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is an older motel. The room was comfortable, clean. Had a safe in the room. Able to get a good night sleep. Close to Raymond James Stadium, Yankee spring training. The motel was full, and it was quiet. Good internet connection. The lady at the front desk was very helpful with direction. She even google directions for us.
The breakfast room was too small for the number of guest eating. Had to wait your turn to get food or drink.
Would stay there again if in the area

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed here one night prior to our cruise. We called the Motel when arrived at the airport at 5pm and they picked us up within 20 minutes.
When we went to check in we were told our booking was for 2 queen beds for 5days ? I told the front desk clerk that I booked 1 night in a king non smoking room and had the confirmation from there website.
We booked this room 2 months ahead of our arrival on there website and was not to happy for them to then to tell us we could not have a king bed but would have to take a room with 2 queens.

I told him we wanted a non smoking room and that I did not want a room that had an adjoining door. We were provided room keys and went to the room to find it had an adjoining door and smelled bad.
I went back down to the office and said the room smells awful and had an adjoining door, he said he forgot that room had a door and provided us with a new room.
We went to the other room a few doors away and this room also smelled bad, I told my husband to leave our suitcases closed because I didn't want my clothes to smell.

I was going to take a bath until I found it full of hair and ended up with just a shower, I did not find the rooms to be very clean at all and in need of repairs. The air Conditioner was very loud and old.
I woke up and could see daylight outside, I looked at the clock to see what time it was and it was only 3 am. The lights outside come into the room because of the poor quality of curtains.

The only good part of this motel is the location, if you don't have a car you can walk to the nearby stores. We picked up soda at the nearby publix market and was able to walk to nearby restaurants.
This is a very old motel that they have tried to clean up but I would spend extra and stay somewhere else.
We paid 64.00 for this room so you do get what you pay for but for only 104.00 I booked the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport for our return stay after our cruise and it was well worth the extra money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We visit our grandsons in Florida every year and purposely chose to return to this hotel after bad experiences elsewhere. Housekeeper kept the room very clean and even arranged our grandsons' toys for them. Front desk was very helpful giving us directions to a great park for them to play, and also happy to give us extra towels for the pool. The pool was heated nicely so the boys could play and swim even in December. Breakfast was very good and staff kept replenishing. All exercise equipment was in working order and area kept nice and clean. Located on a main road so surrounded by everything we needed and easy access to attractions. Price was a great value and we will return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gaffney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here the night before our cruise. I wanted a place I could leave my car and that provided shuttle service to the port and back so we chose this hotel. This place was great! From the moment we arrived, Bryan (front desk) was very helpful! He made sure everything was taken care of and with the delay on getting on the ship, the staff went above and beyond to accomodate us. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the pillows were amazing! The hotel looks old but it has been updated. I would recommend this hotel....thanks Bryan for making our trip a smooth one!

• Stayed December 2012
New Philadelphia, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Having come to Tampa to catch our ship, Carnival Legend, we chose to come a day early and chose Quality Inn Airport for it's shuttle service from the airport and then to the cruise port. The hotel is extremely clean, breakfast was hot and plentiful and the customer service beyond excellent. How can I say that? Carnival Legend was almost 12 hours late in arriving in port. Quality took care of us during this time, answering our questions in a kind, timely manner. Could not stay anywhere better when visiting the Tampa area.--rv

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed 1 night after a Bucs football game. It is close to the airport and about 3 mi. from the stadium, but on the same road so it is easy to go back and forth from hotel to stadium. Rooms were remodeled and clean, very good breakfast, pool was not very warm, but adequate. I would recommend staying here for a night or two if you had business in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

David and Glen our shuttle drivers were the kindest, most professional, and curteous people. PJ at the desk is equally the same. These kind people went the extra mile to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable. Speaking of comfort; the beds were the most comfortable ever! The pool area and pool was clean and nicely landscaped. Huge pool and alot of lounge chairs. The breakfast was awesome. Way better than the routine continental breakfast you get else where, alot of variety. It's an oldie but goodie.

Room Tip: Get one close to the pool.