“For The Price is Good Place” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #77 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“For The Price is Good Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Near the airport, pay a fair price for what I got, the attention of the was excellent, have breakfast, small but very good location.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We booked this hotel for one night before leaving on a cruise the next day. When we arrived at the airport in Tampa, we called for the shuttle. They told me it would be about 20 minutes, which was fine, but I think it only took them about 10 minutes, it was great. Bryan at the front desk was extremely pleasant and gave us plenty of information on what was nearby. By the way, continued success in your schooling Bryan! After we settle it, we walked to the Fresh Market which was behind the hotel, and got our wine for our cruise. After that, we took maybe a 5 minute walk down a road to a place called Square 1 Burgers. I'd definitely suggest you try there. Anyway, the hotel room was perfectly clean and comfortable. I really didn't notice any street noise, so I was happy about that. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. What more can you ask for? The next morning we enjoyed the free breakfast before taking the hotel provided shuttle to the cruise terminal. At only $8 a person I don't think you can beat that. If we cruise out of Tampa again, we will definitely stay at this hotel again. I used rewards points when I booked this reservation, so the room was no cost to us. Can't beat that!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed on our arrival and departure days on a trip to the Tampa area. The hotel location and shuttle service are very convenient for the airport. The hotel is an older hotel (maybe we were staying in an older wing), but the rooms were clean and seem to have been refurbished (new paint, furnishings). The breakfast was good. One day, a retainer container left on the bathroom sink had small ants crawling on it in the morning. We didn't see ants on our second stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
SW Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed at this Quality Inn near the airport for three nights just before Easter. I was looking for a clean, safe, place with breakfast included and free WiFi. That's exactly what I got. Everything worked in the room and the bed was very comfortable. The front desk person was efficient but not very friendly and the air conditioner was loud but didn't disturb my sleep. I was in the "new" section so you may want to ask for that building. Several guests were staying there the night before a cruise. There is a shuttle from the airport and you can take the hotel shuttle to the dock to board your cruise. I didn't hear any noise from the airport. There is a good restaurant next to the hotel named Grill Smyth. I enjoyed a great steak there.

Room Tip: No elevators, ask for the new section, check noise from the air conditioner before accepting the roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Gulfport, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Just what I needed the night before return trip home last week, and loved that it was right next to a Fresh Market so I didn't have to go to a restaurant or fast food place again. Price was right and room was better than I expected. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012 via mobile

This Quality Inn needs a good remodeling. I liked the location and price. But even though I had a Non-smoking room I could still smell a residual odor of smoking. I'm sure the walls and all are permeated and the only thing that would eliminate it would be a true refurb and remodel. Otherwise it's a good value with a great location.

• Stayed March 2012
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

From February 23 -26, 2012 I had up to 11 rooms booked for 24 people per night. This was for our pre-cruise. We had some flight delays for 4 people in our party. I had explained to Bryan (front desk) that these guests would be arriving at the airport at 11:50pm and could the shuttle still pick them up. The answer was yes. He monitored the flight they were due in on and they were there to pick them up. Because their luggage arrived on our flight, we asked if we could leave it behind the desk since they wouldn't be in until late. They offered to put it in their rooms since they knew they were arriving, just late. Worked out well. The shuttle drivers were awesome. Dave, the day driver told us all about the area restaurants. They were all very friendly. The breakfast was wonderful. I will stay here the next time in Tampa. I wish all hotels had the excellent friendly service that we experienced here. Thank you again to Bryan & Dave. Great place for not a lot of money.
Joni Lohry
Cruise 'n' Travel Connection

Room Tip: We had rooms in 3 different sections and I heard no complaints.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn Airport? Share your experiences!