“Accomodations were good.... Staff was.....” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #116 of 159 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Upon my arrival i ended up coming through back entrance i wanted to turn around at that moment and find something else it looked like a brothel !! it was ovious this place is used for dirty dealings!! so after seeing this i asked to see my room and location it was in the back so i asked if i could get my money back i was told i couldnt so i asked for a room on the front and the owner was hesitate about that even after i told him i didnt feel safe staying in the back. so anyway after getting another room it smelled like smoke, the pics online of room didnt match at all!! the appliances were dirty needed bleach bad!! the ac filter hadnt been changed when i turned it on the air had me gagging and people above me threw cigarettes down in front of room everyday!! and due to a unexpected situation i needed to stay an extra day and i payed and when i left and came back that night before leaving the crazy hotel owner locked me out my room and charged me again after i payed i would never stay here ever again would rather sleep on the beach in the middle of a thunder storm!!!

• Stayed July 2013
tampahojo4, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Tampa Ybor City, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest we do apologize for the less than positive experience you had at our hotel please know that management is working hard to make improvement in all areas of our hotel that
includes department staff , secuirty along with ,property beautification ,so that all of our guest will have a plesant stay.
Agana, GU
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked this hotel blindly through United Rewards program and was only staying overnight after a long 24 hours of flying in from Singapore. I know you get what you pay for and this one was cheep, but I never expected what I saw. At least two of the rooms were open with several shady characters hanging around the outside with others coming and going as if it were an open street drug store. I am glad my family wasn't with me and did my best to pretend I didn't notice what was going on. I would not go 10 miles from that place again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
tampahojo4, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Tampa Ybor City, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest we are very sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory and we do apologize
for the problems that accurred during your stay and would like to assure you that this is not the
norm at our hotel, and management will not tolerate any illegal activities from any guest, therefore we are retraining all departments staff along with our security staff so that incidents like the one you had will not accur in the future ,because we want all of our guests to have pleasant stay and we do hope that you will give us another try in the future. thank you

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Tampa Ybor City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Tampa Ybor City

Address: 2520 North 50th Street, I-4, Exit 3, Tampa, FL 33619
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #116 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Tampa Ybor City 2*
The Howard Johnson Inn is centrally located on I-4 Exit 3 (50th Street) and just 2 miles from the Hard Rock Casino (Exit 5), Ybor City (Exit 1), and Downtown Tampa /Port of Tampa. We are under new ownership and management since April 2009. Newly renovated rooms, 300+ capacity meeting space, large tropical area pool, and bar. We also offer MicroFridge in the rooms and FREE HOT Breakfast! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Tampa Ybor City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Tampa Ybor City Hotel Tampa
Tampa Howard Johnson
Howard Johnson Tampa

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Tampa Ybor City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.