“getting better!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

You added Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn West of Busch Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #134 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“getting better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

since the hotel has changed over to Travelodge they have been doing some updates to the hotel first off its not as noisy as it used to be when it was a days inn. not as many sketchy people walking around and I didn't see any bugs in the rooms and it seemed to be pretty clean I was told they just changed all the mattresses in all the rooms and are getting new TVs the people people at the front desk were nice as always and the rates stayed at 64 dollars and change

Room Tip: get a pool side room!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

I booked this hotel because of proximity of Bush Garden. It seems very close but it takes about 25 minutes to walk to the park gate. It's rather rough part of town, and also hotel clientele looks rough. I did not had a courage to try the pool... My room's door had visible signs of previous break-ins, room was smelly, carpet not vacuumed, A/C loud and smelly. The only positive was nice and friendly front-desk lady. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dinwiddie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

We had a doubles room on the first floor near the pool and the ac did not work too well. It was a hot room, but ok other than that. We had been to Busch Gardens that day and were too tired to go elsewhere. It was convenient to have a Taco Bell almost in the parking lot. And the lady who checked us in was very nice. It smelled like a motel, we di not have any bug problems.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

First bedroom smelled weird, ac didnt work and batroom towels were still wet, im guessing they didnt change anything. Im pregnant, so my husband complaint about the ac not working , since honestly it was too hot to ignore, we got moved to a different room , it looked wayyyy better than the first room, but there were little roaches in the sink and bathroom area and it was very dusty, i ended up not sleeping at all since my allergies kicked in. I would never stay there again, it is a convinient location tho, but i rather pay more and stay in a clean place.

• Stayed October 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! This hotel is infested with bed bugs!! My family and I paid for a one night stay which turned into a nightmare! When we first walked into the room we noticed a musty smell, but being as it was late and after a 4 hour drive we decided to try and ignore the smell and went to bed. Immediately after going to bed I felt something haas bit my arm. I thought maybe a mosquito had flown in while we were bringing in our bags, but as it turns out that wasn't the case. In the morning my son woke up with multiple bite marks on his arms and neck. We decided to check the bed sheets and pillows and as soon as I turned the pillow over I saw an adult bed bug crawling mad multiple small bed bugs. The mattresses had bed bugs along the sides and creases and the sheets as well. I was able to catch the adult bedbug in a ziplock bag and took it to the front office and explained to them that I refused to spend another night there and that I wanted a refund. They were more than happy to oblige, as if they were expecting it. I believe they know about is infestation and continue to book out rooms with hopes no one will NOTICE. WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FUN FAMILY TRIP WITH OUR SON WHO JUST RETURNED HOME FROM HIS FIRST TOUR IN AFGHANISTAN TURNED INTO A NIGHTMARE!!! Do yourselves a favor pay the extra money and go somewhere else!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Bradenton, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

it was dirty smelled was not a good place to stay the ac leak the bathroom was dirty the carbet was wet only had a few channels no soap r shampoo not enough pillows there were drunk people outside my door throwing beer cans

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

Very rude manager or front desk attendant. Made me feel uncomfortable and i would have found another hotel but he told me i couldnt get a refund.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!