“Just an average motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn West of Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Days Inn West of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Days Inn West of Busch Gardens
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn Busch Garden Maingate)   |
Ranked #132 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Dinwiddie
“Just an average motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a doubles room on the first floor near the pool and the ac did not work too well. It was a hot room, but ok other than that. We had been to Busch Gardens that day and were too tired to go elsewhere. It was convenient to have a Taco Bell almost in the parking lot. And the lady who checked us in was very nice. It smelled like a motel, we di not have any bug problems.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First bedroom smelled weird, ac didnt work and batroom towels were still wet, im guessing they didnt change anything. Im pregnant, so my husband complaint about the ac not working , since honestly it was too hot to ignore, we got moved to a different room , it looked wayyyy better than the first room, but there were little roaches in the sink and bathroom area and it was very dusty, i ended up not sleeping at all since my allergies kicked in. I would never stay there again, it is a convinient location tho, but i rather pay more and stay in a clean place.

• Stayed October 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! This hotel is infested with bed bugs!! My family and I paid for a one night stay which turned into a nightmare! When we first walked into the room we noticed a musty smell, but being as it was late and after a 4 hour drive we decided to try and ignore the smell and went to bed. Immediately after going to bed I felt something haas bit my arm. I thought maybe a mosquito had flown in while we were bringing in our bags, but as it turns out that wasn't the case. In the morning my son woke up with multiple bite marks on his arms and neck. We decided to check the bed sheets and pillows and as soon as I turned the pillow over I saw an adult bed bug crawling mad multiple small bed bugs. The mattresses had bed bugs along the sides and creases and the sheets as well. I was able to catch the adult bedbug in a ziplock bag and took it to the front office and explained to them that I refused to spend another night there and that I wanted a refund. They were more than happy to oblige, as if they were expecting it. I believe they know about is infestation and continue to book out rooms with hopes no one will NOTICE. WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FUN FAMILY TRIP WITH OUR SON WHO JUST RETURNED HOME FROM HIS FIRST TOUR IN AFGHANISTAN TURNED INTO A NIGHTMARE!!! Do yourselves a favor pay the extra money and go somewhere else!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Bradenton, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

it was dirty smelled was not a good place to stay the ac leak the bathroom was dirty the carbet was wet only had a few channels no soap r shampoo not enough pillows there were drunk people outside my door throwing beer cans

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tampa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very rude manager or front desk attendant. Made me feel uncomfortable and i would have found another hotel but he told me i couldnt get a refund.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn West of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn West of Busch Gardens

Address: 2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn Busch Garden Maingate)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Ranked #132 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Days Inn West of Busch Gardens 1.5*
Modern - Near Busch Gardens. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn West of Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn West Of Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
Days Inn Tampa
Busch Garden Hotel

If you own or manage Days Inn West of Busch Gardens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.