“Nasty room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

You added Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn West of Busch Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #141 of 160 Hotels in Tampa

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at here customer service is great the people here are very nice and understanding. They are very helpful. I didn't have any problems with cleanliness my room was cleaned daily. The furniture was in good shape. The location is awesome close to bus line and several well known restaurants. I will stay again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Booked to stay here for one night to have a couple of days at Busch Gardens , after a long day at the park we went to check in, the surrounding area does not look too welcoming. The check in was fine and the assistant was really helpful , that is where the good bit ends. We were directed to our room 139 , in a slight alley with two large vending machines outside the room. The first impression on entering was the smell , a kind of unclean mould odour. The room itself looked like it was from the 80's , hole in the wall where it looked like someone had punched it and paint flaking off in various areas. The carpet was worn and threadbare. The bedside cabinet had a space where there might have been a drawer a few years ago , what was lying there is indescribable and disgusting. We could here people talking outside and we just all stared at each other in shock , when my kids said they were scared to stay there that made up my mind and returned to reception , the lady could not have been more helpful and refunded me in full , there was another guest there , well I think she was a guest but reading previous reports I am not sure , as she did not seem to shocked when I explained why we were not staying , the assistant also gave me the Days Inn number to call and complain as this seemed to be a regular occurrence. In my opinion the best thing that could happen here is the hotel to be demolished , I know it was a reasonable price but I was shocked and dissapointed with what they had to offer.

Room Tip: Dont !,,,,,,,book somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways, especially since we satisfy so many others every night. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Hotel Manager