“Awful!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

You added Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn West of Busch Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #134 of 159 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Booked to stay here for one night to have a couple of days at Busch Gardens , after a long day at the park we went to check in, the surrounding area does not look too welcoming. The check in was fine and the assistant was really helpful , that is where the good bit ends. We were directed to our room 139 , in a slight alley with two large vending machines outside the room. The first impression on entering was the smell , a kind of unclean mould odour. The room itself looked like it was from the 80's , hole in the wall where it looked like someone had punched it and paint flaking off in various areas. The carpet was worn and threadbare. The bedside cabinet had a space where there might have been a drawer a few years ago , what was lying there is indescribable and disgusting. We could here people talking outside and we just all stared at each other in shock , when my kids said they were scared to stay there that made up my mind and returned to reception , the lady could not have been more helpful and refunded me in full , there was another guest there , well I think she was a guest but reading previous reports I am not sure , as she did not seem to shocked when I explained why we were not staying , the assistant also gave me the Days Inn number to call and complain as this seemed to be a regular occurrence. In my opinion the best thing that could happen here is the hotel to be demolished , I know it was a reasonable price but I was shocked and dissapointed with what they had to offer.

Room Tip: Dont !,,,,,,,book somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways, especially since we satisfy so many others every night. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Customer service was great and my room was not bad at all. I love my stay at this days Inn so close to busch gardens. The room was a nice size and the ac work amazing wifi work good as well. I had a issue with the phone and they responded quick to fix my phone other then that I would stay agian thank you guys keep up the good work

• Stayed July 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Used condoms on the floor, mold and mildew growing on the walls and bed frames, dead roaches everywhere, hookers and pimps in the parking lot, drug deals in the parking lot, beggars in the parking lot. Stay at the Clarion on E. Fowler instead. $20 more per night but worth it!

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I’m terribly sorry that we failed to satisfy you despite our efforts. While we must insist that there isn’t an insect problem at this hotel, I apologize if there were any other sorts of lapses. We take real pride in this hotel and satisfy hundreds of guests each month. I regret sincerely that we could not satisfy you in this case. I hope you will try us again in the future as we change and improve.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

It's was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. The rooms were dirty nothing works right, nobody speaks clear English, holes in the walls, burn holes in the blankets in non smoking rooms, people living there with unattended children who throw things at people's cars, people trying to sell you drugs, gunshots, the beds make you feel like somebody ran you over with a car in the morning, stains on the shower curtain, and the safes in the room don't work either and their free wifi sucks, my phone runs faster without the wifi. I don't see how corporate hasn't shut this place down or fired everybody that works there and fix it up, their customer service is so horrible I don't know how these people have jobs, and when I asked for a refund to move to another hotel an hour after getting there and 2 different rooms they told me it was to late they couldn't give me one. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to offer feedback. I’m sincerely sorry that we failed to meet your needs in this case. While do not choose to disparage other guests or our staff in the way you have, we understand if you didn’t enjoy your experience with us. We’re working to make this hotel better than ever before and hope you will try us again in the future. If there are any outstanding issues remaining, please contact me directly. Nothing is more important to us than complete customer satisfaction.

Hotel Manager

Been to Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!