“Avoid , should be demolished” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn West of Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Days Inn West of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Days Inn West of Busch Gardens
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn Busch Garden Maingate)   |
Ranked #134 of 159 hotels in Tampa
scotland
“Avoid , should be demolished”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Booked to stay here for one night to have a couple of days at Busch Gardens , after a long day at the park we went to check in, the surrounding area does not look too welcoming. The check in was fine and the assistant was really helpful , that is where the good bit ends. We were directed to our room 139 , in a slight alley with two large vending machines outside the room. The first impression on entering was the smell , a kind of unclean mould odour. The room itself looked like it was from the 80's , hole in the wall where it looked like someone had punched it and paint flaking off in various areas. The carpet was worn and threadbare. The bedside cabinet had a space where there might have been a drawer a few years ago , what was lying there is indescribable and disgusting. We could here people talking outside and we just all stared at each other in shock , when my kids said they were scared to stay there that made up my mind and returned to reception , the lady could not have been more helpful and refunded me in full , there was another guest there , well I think she was a guest but reading previous reports I am not sure , as she did not seem to shocked when I explained why we were not staying , the assistant also gave me the Days Inn number to call and complain as this seemed to be a regular occurrence. In my opinion the best thing that could happen here is the hotel to be demolished , I know it was a reasonable price but I was shocked and dissapointed with what they had to offer.

Room Tip: Dont !,,,,,,,book somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Customer service was great and my room was not bad at all. I love my stay at this days Inn so close to busch gardens. The room was a nice size and the ac work amazing wifi work good as well. I had a issue with the phone and they responded quick to fix my phone other then that I would stay agian thank you guys keep up the good work

Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Used condoms on the floor, mold and mildew growing on the walls and bed frames, dead roaches everywhere, hookers and pimps in the parking lot, drug deals in the parking lot, beggars in the parking lot. Stay at the Clarion on E. Fowler instead. $20 more per night but worth it!

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It's was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. The rooms were dirty nothing works right, nobody speaks clear English, holes in the walls, burn holes in the blankets in non smoking rooms, people living there with unattended children who throw things at people's cars, people trying to sell you drugs, gunshots, the beds make you feel like somebody ran you over with a car in the morning, stains on the shower curtain, and the safes in the room don't work either and their free wifi sucks, my phone runs faster without the wifi. I don't see how corporate hasn't shut this place down or fired everybody that works there and fix it up, their customer service is so horrible I don't know how these people have jobs, and when I asked for a refund to move to another hotel an hour after getting there and 2 different rooms they told me it was to late they couldn't give me one. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy!!!

Cannock, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As we were checking in something did not feel right! Our room was at the back, as we drove round
we felt uncomfortable, As we pulled up there was a lady sitting outside her room with a infant in 1 arm and her other 10 children riding all over the carpark with there scooters! We decided to check the room out, as soon as i walked in i walked back out (dirty) so we checked out. luckily for us we had a villa in orlando so went back there. We were only staying there so it made it a full day at busch gardens, never again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If I could rate this a zero, I would. It was all dirty. There was holes in the wall and you felt dirty all the time... The carpet was all black, it smelled all muggy and moldy. The walls were dirty and everything was outdated. The base boards were coming off. The AC sucked and the sheets on the bed were displeasing. After 5 minutes of being in the room we switched because there was roaches... Don't waste your time. We paid more money than going to Motel 6 and we got the same exact room quality...

• Stayed July 2014
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. You can be sure that we use all feedback as part of our continuous improvement process. I’m terribly sorry that you weren’t satisfied with cleanliness and quality of your room. We take great pride in this hotel and satisfy many guests each night. We strongly deny any insect issue at all. We are, however, taking action to make this property even better. I apologize that we did not meet your needs in this case.

Hotel Manager
Canterbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have just stayed here was only here for the night and that was too long, anything linger than a second here is way too long. The area is very sketchy to say the least, not to mention the fear of your safety. We thought don't judge the hotel by the area of the run down site of the front we would check the room out first. Also upon checking in they took an actual photocopy if our credit card and dine an impression on the bill, haven't had that done ever before!! So warning possible card cloning going on. After check in we made it to the room opened the door and thought what is this???? Got into the room and there were stains everywhere, dirt was mounting up and it just made you feel dirty. I wouldn't be surprised if this hotel was infested with something since leaving I have noticed so many bites over my body. None of the lights really worked in the room I believe this to be so you couldn't see the state the room was in, we were unable to secure the door properly and had to use the chair to secure the door in place. The bathroom was disgusting was so not clean a pile of dust just building up I doubt the floor has been washed in months, the fan above the toilet looked like it was ready to fall. We decided not to have a shower in the morning as we felt we would feel more dirtier than when we got in the shower. The internet didn't work called reception they blamed the storm, the storm was already over! We wasn't expecting pure luxury considering the rate we paid but was at least expecting habitable, fell this hotel needs to be condemned or at least a major make over and clean. When we checked out I mentioned everything to the guy at the reception he was basically laughing and just said have a good day, so clearly they don't care and by judging the other reviews on here don't think I am on my own here. I have pictures that I will upload, if possible avoid booking if you have booked change hotels this one really isn't worth it at all!! We didn't have breakfast due to the fact of the cleanliness of the rooms doubt the kitchen is any better!

Room Tip: Don't stay in any room book a different hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for this feedback, which we will use in our efforts to further improve the hotel. I’m sorry we didn’t meet your needs. Please understand that hundreds each month are completely satisfied with their experience here. I’m terribly sorry, however, that the accommodations we provided did not appeal to you. We’re getting better each day and hope you can try us again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Days Inn West of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!