“worst place i've ever been” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

You added Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn West of Busch Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #135 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Cannock, England, United Kingdom
“worst place i've ever been”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

As we were checking in something did not feel right! Our room was at the back, as we drove round
we felt uncomfortable, As we pulled up there was a lady sitting outside her room with a infant in 1 arm and her other 10 children riding all over the carpark with there scooters! We decided to check the room out, as soon as i walked in i walked back out (dirty) so we checked out. luckily for us we had a villa in orlando so went back there. We were only staying there so it made it a full day at busch gardens, never again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments even though you choose not to spend the night with us. I’m sorry that you didn’t like the quality of our rooms at first glance and that actions by other guests somehow detracted from your brief experience. We take real pride in this hotel and are always changing and improving to make the guest experience better. I apologize for any ways we failed to make a good impression.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

If I could rate this a zero, I would. It was all dirty. There was holes in the wall and you felt dirty all the time... The carpet was all black, it smelled all muggy and moldy. The walls were dirty and everything was outdated. The base boards were coming off. The AC sucked and the sheets on the bed were displeasing. After 5 minutes of being in the room we switched because there was roaches... Don't waste your time. We paid more money than going to Motel 6 and we got the same exact room quality...

• Stayed July 2014
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback. You can be sure that we use all feedback as part of our continuous improvement process. I’m terribly sorry that you weren’t satisfied with cleanliness and quality of your room. We take great pride in this hotel and satisfy many guests each night. We strongly deny any insect issue at all. We are, however, taking action to make this property even better. I apologize that we did not meet your needs in this case.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I have just stayed here was only here for the night and that was too long, anything linger than a second here is way too long. The area is very sketchy to say the least, not to mention the fear of your safety. We thought don't judge the hotel by the area of the run down site of the front we would check the room out first. Also upon checking in they took an actual photocopy if our credit card and dine an impression on the bill, haven't had that done ever before!! So warning possible card cloning going on. After check in we made it to the room opened the door and thought what is this???? Got into the room and there were stains everywhere, dirt was mounting up and it just made you feel dirty. I wouldn't be surprised if this hotel was infested with something since leaving I have noticed so many bites over my body. None of the lights really worked in the room I believe this to be so you couldn't see the state the room was in, we were unable to secure the door properly and had to use the chair to secure the door in place. The bathroom was disgusting was so not clean a pile of dust just building up I doubt the floor has been washed in months, the fan above the toilet looked like it was ready to fall. We decided not to have a shower in the morning as we felt we would feel more dirtier than when we got in the shower. The internet didn't work called reception they blamed the storm, the storm was already over! We wasn't expecting pure luxury considering the rate we paid but was at least expecting habitable, fell this hotel needs to be condemned or at least a major make over and clean. When we checked out I mentioned everything to the guy at the reception he was basically laughing and just said have a good day, so clearly they don't care and by judging the other reviews on here don't think I am on my own here. I have pictures that I will upload, if possible avoid booking if you have booked change hotels this one really isn't worth it at all!! We didn't have breakfast due to the fact of the cleanliness of the rooms doubt the kitchen is any better!

Room Tip: Don't stay in any room book a different hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for this feedback, which we will use in our efforts to further improve the hotel. I’m sorry we didn’t meet your needs. Please understand that hundreds each month are completely satisfied with their experience here. I’m terribly sorry, however, that the accommodations we provided did not appeal to you. We’re getting better each day and hope you can try us again in the future.

Plantation
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Filthy room, blanket had holes, sheets looked like they had been slept in. We stayed two days, room was not cleaned second day, coffee was still dirty, no new towels or coffee were put there. TV full of static and we had to ask for a remote because volume button on TV set was broken. We chose it because it was across Bush Gardens but even that was not true, entrance is about two miles away on the other side of park. We had prepaid with Priceline so we were stuck.
I have traveled the whole country and this is the worst motel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Nice Holiday Inn next door and LaQuinta across street
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the feedback. Please understand that while we’re involved in a continuous improvement process, we still satisfy dozens of people every week. I’m terribly sorry, however, that we did not satisfy you in this case. We value every guest and take pride in this property, and I apologize that we did not meet your needs. I hope you will come again soon and see how we’re changing.

Hotel Manager

Been to Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!