“The only thing missing is the "Psycho" music!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

You added Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn West of Busch Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #134 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Northampton, United Kingdom
“The only thing missing is the "Psycho" music!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

To start on a positive note, the young lady working in reception was very friendly and polite. That is the full list of positives concerning this hotel. We booked two non smoking rooms which absolutely stank of smoke, door locks were shattered, blood on the bed covers and the bathrooms were disgusting. We couldn't close either of the bathroom doors because they were in such bad disrepair and the air-conditioning units sounded like a freight train was constantly passing your window. They produce a pathetic amount of cold air but you have to leave them running to drown out the noise coming from the rest of the guests.
The floor in our room was sinking quite considerably and being in the construction industry I am convinced that some day soon somebody will be walking across their room and find themselves suddenly dumped on some poor soul in the room below.
To keep it simple, if you find yourself in need of a place to stay near Busch Gardens at the last minute either pay a bit more for somewhere else or sleep in your car. Trust me it couldn't be any worse and at least you doors will lock!

Room Tip: try holiday inn!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about our staff. I’m sorry, however, that many aspects of your stay didn’t meet your needs very well. We take real pride in this hotel and are working to make it better than ever. I apologize that your stay with us came at a time when we weren’t able to put our best foot forward.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The most disgusting Hotel I have ever stayed in , garbage and trash in all corners , bathroom was appalling , bed sheets stink of smoke in a non smoking room and all the bed sheets were burnt or looked like they had been chewed on by mice. Never again

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m sorry that we couldn’t meet your needs in this case. Many guests are completely satisfied, but a few are not. That’s why we’re changing and improving this hotel at the moment. I hope you’ll visit again and see how we’re always getting better. A return visit from you would be most welcome.

Hotel Manager
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel is great if you don't mind the police there every night I was there for well over a month and I swear at least 2 times a day Tampa Police Department was there at the hotel because of a fight or some other situation so if you don't mind people screaming fighting and slamming doors yelling in the parking lot throwing trash all over the place this isn't a bad hotel for $65 a night as far as the staff goes and they are very friendly and the owners are very nice people I would stay at this hotel again alone but would never bring my family back because I don't feel it is that safe at night time and even during the day weekday or weekend the rooms are clean and the major on point the towels are nice and I didnt see any bugs the whole time I was there

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

Address: 2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn West of Busch Gardens)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Ranked #134 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens 2*
Modern - Near Busch Gardens. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Wyndham, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn West Of Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
Days Inn Tampa
Busch Garden Hotel

If you own or manage Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.