“Horrible Experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

You added Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn West of Busch Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #134 of 159 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Norman, OK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Room was very dirty, especially the bathroom. Clock radio was broken, vent cover in bathroom fell down while taking a shower, holes in the wall stuffed with toilet paper (yes... toilet paper) and stained towels. The only thing this hotel had going for it was the location. It is right next to Busch Gardens but I would not recommend staying at this hotel. Attempted to list the problems to the staff but they didn't seem to care. The happiest moment at this hotel was when we drove away!

• Stayed March 2013
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Days Inn West of Busch Gardens.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

Our sincere for the inconvenience you had whatsoever and howsoever unlikely it can be.

The entire issue related to the cleanliness and other hygiene related problem in the room has been investigated. Appropriate steps have been taken and this will never happen again.

The front office staff has been trained to give our guests the best hospitality and care.

We are responding after taking honest efforts and not just to defend ourselves.

Once again please stay with us and experience the difference!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here unexpectedly, booked through Expedia for 2 rooms both in my name and told since we booked the same night as we stayed we could not cancel our reservation. Upon arrival, the desk clerks were changing shifts and the clerk who was just coming on was on the phone offering tech support to customer. After hanging-up he was incredibly rude upon insisting that he had to have my brother's information because they need to hold him responsible for the room even though I was paying for the room. When he came in, the clerk decided that he did not need my brother's information anyway. He gave us the keys with the internet pass code (which did not work, but after seeing how the clerk handled tech support did not call). My room was never cleaned from the prior tenant, the sheets were dirty and stained. There was only 2 bath towels and there was a dirty towel on the shelf above the clothes rack. My brother reported that he had no towels at all. Between the thought of sleeping on stained sheets and all of the noise in the parking lot; very little sleep was had by all members of our party.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn West of Busch Gardens for your recent stay in our area.

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness and supplying fresh and clean towels etc. to accommodate our valued guests.

• Management and security staff was informed of your report about the noise in the parking lot.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I travel often and know that you get what you pay for, that being said, this place isn't worth 3 bucks! As soon as I walked into the check in area, I was blasted in the nose with a horrible sewage smell. I mean horrible! How the rude front desk guy, Larry, could sniff that all day is beyond me. After check in, I headed to the room only to find filth. As soon as I opened the door, I could see what looked like already been chewed trail mix scattered on the floor next to the bed and staples (not sure why staples) on the floor between the beds. I took a quick look around and saw hairs in the bathroom and beds that appeared to be a hundred years old. That was enough for me. Headed back to the front desk to check out and ole Larry was swapping another fellas room for him. Something about smoke. When I told Larry to check me out, that I wasn't going to stay there, he didn't bat an eye. Tap tap on the computer and I was handed a piece of paper showing no charge. I guess they're kind of used to people leaving. I will be watching the credit card statements though. By the way, I've stayed in some dumps in my lifetime and never felt like I couldn't stick it out for one night until this visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They were instructed to make sure it has been properly cleaned before assigning the rooms to our valued guests.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Management and maintenance staff were consulted about the sewage smell which you encountered. It was suggest that ways to eliminate it be looked into.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had gone for a training and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. First I thought it's Days inn and it would be just an ordinary hotel since the rates were excellent. But once I reached the place the hotel had nice and clean rooms and service was really good. The front desk guy was very helpful in giving directions to the places I had to reach and also they had restaurant onsite.
so I didn't have to go far to get food either it was just nice and easy. After all day training you know how it is you don't like to do anything just relax in room so this hotel was just perfect for me it had all the ammunities I needed durning my stay. also they have internet and computers in office which was just an extra helpful things to use for free as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!