“Condemn it and start over” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn West of Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Days Inn West of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Days Inn West of Busch Gardens
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn Busch Garden Maingate)   |
Ranked #134 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Naples, Florida
“Condemn it and start over”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Worst hotel I have EVER stayed at. Absolutely disgusting! Bathroom full of mold, grout full of who knows what. Dirty towels, stained sheets, moldy a/c, tv remote didn't work, bed was uncomfortable hard and lumpy, huge cracks and water damage to the ceiling, seedy characters in the parking lot, loud groups of unchecked riff raff. No coat of paint or change of sheets could possibly help this dump. The entire building was falling apart. Huge cracks in the concrete and the room was leaning. (At first we just thought we were crazy, but a ball placed on the floor anywhere in the room rolled toward the wall with the door) When we woke the next morning, walked down the moving balcony area, we looked at the building and sure enough you can clearly see its all sagging down.

If I hadn't pre-paid for the room, I would have left immediately. I would have rather slept in my car, and would have if I could have fit 4 people to sleep and wasn't worried about the ne'er do well parking lot hang out.

• Stayed February 2013
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn West of Busch Gardens for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the Mold in the bathroom, Dirty towels, stained sheets, moldy a/c, TV remote, hard bed, huge cracks and water damage to the ceiling and instructed to see to the needed repairs or replacement.

• Management and desk staff was reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

We take our reviews seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens. I think you will be very pleased.

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I came here thinking it was going to be "average" at best! But knowing that "u get what u pay for." When we came we discovered a hole in the bedroom wall, stuffed with toilet paper..dirty advertisements left from the last guest, including one that stated, " just hang up your towels and use them again..and leave the bed for us well make it with the same linens..." There was something gross spilled on that piece of paper..let alone the message it gives. Two of our light bulbs were not working, our notepad by the bed had pages of notes written from the last guest and don't get me started on the not so friendly front desk person when we came! No smile, no welcome greeting, no personality! I WILL NOT come again!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Days Inn West of Busch Gardens during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

At the outset, our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.

We are investigating your observations with the hotel staff and shall take all necessary steps to offer the best.

We also have given special training and instructions to the hotel staff to offer the best hospitality to our guests.

Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to see to the necessary replacements of non functioning light bulbs

We assure you and request you to consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Charlottesville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I think of myself as being broadly tolerant of crappy motels at low prices. If the room is reasonably clean, safe and free of biting insects then I'm usually happy. In this case, the room was both dirty and unsafe.

Most of the electrical outlets in my room were completely detached from the wall with exposed wires hanging out (see photo). This room would be completely unsafe for anyone travelling with a small child, and there is even a risk of electric shock to an adult plugging in a laptop or phone charger. The risk of fire or shock is enormous and immediate and this room should not have been occupied by anyone. If other rooms are in a similar state, the motel should be shut down by a building inspector or a fire marshal.

The furniture was in poor condition and the desk was literally falling apart (see photo). Housekeeping was poor. There was filth, including a big collection of public hairs, behind the bathroom door (I'll spare you a photo of that).

The best that I can say is that the staff was friendly. I get the impression that they just don't have enough people or budget to adequately maintain such a large number of rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn for your last visit to our area.

We also thank you for giving us a review and it is very much appreciated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

Hotel upkeep staffs have ensured that all amenities are perfect and functional.

Special actions have been taken to check all the electrical fixtures are sound and safe..

We invite you once again to stay with us and experience a new hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Days Inn West of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!