I think of myself as being broadly tolerant of crappy motels at low prices. If the room is reasonably clean, safe and free of biting insects then I'm usually happy. In this case, the room was both dirty and unsafe.
Most of the electrical outlets in my room were completely detached from the wall with exposed wires hanging out (see photo). This room would be completely unsafe for anyone travelling with a small child, and there is even a risk of electric shock to an adult plugging in a laptop or phone charger. The risk of fire or shock is enormous and immediate and this room should not have been occupied by anyone. If other rooms are in a similar state, the motel should be shut down by a building inspector or a fire marshal.
The furniture was in poor condition and the desk was literally falling apart (see photo). Housekeeping was poor. There was filth, including a big collection of public hairs, behind the bathroom door (I'll spare you a photo of that).
The best that I can say is that the staff was friendly. I get the impression that they just don't have enough people or budget to adequately maintain such a large number of rooms.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn West Of Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Days Inn West Of Busch Gardens Hotel
- Days Inn Tampa
- Busch Garden Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern - Near Busch Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Days Inn West of Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.