“not working” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

You added Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn West of Busch Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #134 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
NAPLES
“not working”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The tv remote didnt work it was fixed when i walked to the lobby and they excanged it the lights by the bed didnt work,no hot water after 10 min not good when it is cold out side had to wait to take showers,there were water stains on the ceiling of the room im guessing do to a roof leak.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn West of Busch Gardens for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the TV remote, lights by the bed, No hot water in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
FORT LAUDERDALE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Wifi Strength was very weak. The room was not all to appealing. Needs updating. No iron or ironing board in room which was a big turn off. Needed it big time. Other than that it was ok to just sleep and keep it moving. There are No extra socket to plug up a laptop or any other gadgets you bring along.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

James A, Manager at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 24, 2013

I have already addressed the WiFi problem. Unfortunatley the one of the routers ceased working and why you had a weak WiFi Signal. We do not provide Irons or Ironing boards in the rooms but they are available from the front desk with a $20 cash deposit, which is refunded when the iron is returned. Unfortunately, irons and ironing boards in the room seem to disappear leaving the next guest without. In order to assure we have irons for guests we have had to implement the deposit system to assure the iron is returned.

We are aware of the lack of electrical sockets and are working on this and hope to resolve the problem in the future.
Manassas, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I do not understand how there are hundreds of reviews of this place all stating the discusting, unsanitary, completely horrendous conditions and from the very first review the management and staff and owner of this location keep saying the same things, That they have rectified the situation, Blah, Blah Blah!
Thats why this place keeps getting Damning Reviews Right!

I checked in on Dec 27, 2012 Walked in to room 144 The door had been pried open in the past the bottom of the door did'nt even close properly. Next thing I noticed was.. The carpet was Black and Sticky! The room smelled Rank, Cobwebs in the corners of the room, the beds looked as if they had just thrown the blankets back over them. every surface had something clinging to it, dirt, hair, who knows.
I will tell you this... I called the front desk.. Jah answered, I explained everything, he said he would accomodate me with another room, Ha, Ha, Ha...Said "No Thank You" I want my money back! When I got to the front desk He tried to talk me into a different room because it's not there policy to give a dissatisfied customer there money back.... "Really" ? Well... I got my money back!
Funny thing , He asked if I would give them a good review... Was he Joking?

Room Tip: Not for family, you couldnt pay me to stay here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
James A, Manager at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thats why this place keeps getting Damning Reviews Right!

Will I am truly sorry you had a bad experience I have to take exception to several of your statements in the review. We do take review very serious, and when it is stated by myself or any of our staff that we are addressing the issues that is exactly what occurs despite what you may think. I have already issued a work order to have the door in question checked and repairs needed addressed.

I will also point out that you have correctly noted the over 100 poor reviews. I will also point out that we sell over 25,000 room nights and while that number appears high, it is actually less than 1/2 of a percent (.05%) of our guests staying. Most enjoy a comfortable clean room. However, like any business sometimes we fail to do our job properly.

I do appolgize for our lack of attention to your needs and hope you will try us again in the future.
We are working hard here to improve our service to our customers and will continue to do so. I am sure your next stay will be much different, but if you have problems in the future, please request to speak to me directly and I will attend to your problems personally.

James Averill,
Sr. Exec. Mgr.

Been to Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!