“Roach Infested Slum” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn West of Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Days Inn West of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Days Inn West of Busch Gardens
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn Busch Garden Maingate)   |
Ranked #132 of 158 hotels in Tampa

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Where do I start?? Well when we checked in Jah the clerk said we had 2 rooms for 2 night. I said no , we have 1 room for 2 nights. and was insisting I made a reservation for 2 rooms. so after a few times of saying only one room. we got the one room. well the next day we check our bank account just to make sure we only got charged for 1 room. and sure enough we got charged for 2. When I went to the office to discuss this issue the Manager Jim was in the office and very RUDE!! would not let me talk and keep telling me I was not charger for 2 rooms. So I went to the computer right there in the office and printed out my bank statement showing the 2 charges. he wouldn't even look at it keep telling me SHHHH!! and putting his hand in my face..... REALLY!!!! so then called Customer Service They were of no help. was told they would send a dispute through to the hotel..... so later that day went back to office and Employ Jah was there.. I asked to speak to the owner (Jay) of the hotel. Who he called and he REFUSED to speak with me, told Jah Jim was there and the manager he would handle it. well needless to say it was not handled and we are missing $123.63, As for the hotel it's self. VERY DIRTY, Room had a mildew smell, bed felt damp, there was what looked to be mold on the ruff over the window. you see staff out around the hotel and no one says hello very NASTY HOTEL!
This was to be a nice trip away for me and my husband, to go to howl o scream and a weekend away from the kids, turned into a NIGHTMARE!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and regret the issue you had for accommodation and the charges.

We have investigated the incident howsoever it might have happened and the concerned staff have been given the required training so that this is never occur again.

The hotel staff and manager have been given proper training so that our guests receive the best hospitality and feel honored.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and promise a delightful experience.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Days Inn West of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn West of Busch Gardens

Days Inn West Of Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
Days Inn West Of Busch Gardens Hotel
Days Inn Tampa
Busch Garden Hotel
Address: 2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn Busch Garden Maingate)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Ranked #132 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Days Inn West of Busch Gardens 1.5*
Modern - Near Busch Gardens. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Days Inn West of Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Days Inn West of Busch Gardens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.