You added Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn West of Busch Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #134 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
kentucky
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

The beds were awful, and the rest was even worse. Never again

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hitchin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

I will never not read reviews first. Booked this as closest to Busch Gardens. All reviews I have read after the event are right. Room stank, bedding was dirty, bathroom floor was filthy and not without a roache or two. Coffee maker didn't work. Also was screaming all night from another room. Do yourself a favour, book somewhere a liitle more expensive.

Stayed February 2008
long island ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2007

i booked a one night stay at this motel due to the closeness of busch gardens i always check reviews but for some reason
i didnt check this time. after i booked the room i was horrified
reading all the neg reviews but ive stayed at many places where they were givin bad reviews but i thought were good
check in was easy and the place didnt look bad from the outside
BUT as soon as you open the door the smell was the worst smell you can imagine
actually the room looked decent ,king bed ,decent bathroom
and everything worked.
buy u cant get that smell to go away
i thought after a while i would get used to it but it was too strong
i put some toothpaste under my nose to help with the smell
it worked for a while but couldnt take it any more.
being late 2am we slept in our car the rest of the night woke up
7am took a very fast shower and got the hell out of there

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — the nasty smell
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Palm Coast, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

My family and I went to Howl-O-Scream last weekend. We decided to stay here since it is the closest hotel to Busch Gardens. After a long work day and 3 hour drive, We finally arrived. Upon check in I overheard the fornt desk clerk tell 3 people to come see him for towels as none were in their rooms. This can happen I figured, no problem, I just want sleep.

We went to our room, upon opening the door it smelt very damp and musty. I heard a drip coming from the bathroom so I went to investigate, there on the floor were roaches, and the tub was full of water. I drained the tub, ignored the roaches and went to sleep.

The next morning I went to take a shower, only to find the cold water was the only knob that worked. There was hot water at the sink, just not the shower. The shower head was attached with duck tape, the knob to turn the shower on and off didn't work, all the water came out the shower head, no chance for a bath. Again more roaches. We finally were given another room. Upon opening this door, the door latch plate fell off, which meant one good push and the door would open not a good thing for that part of town. On to room number 3, this one smelt the worst, at least the tub worked and the door jamb wasn't broken, and I didn't see bugs. I did however notice long dark hairs on my pillows and sheets I can brush these off, but I will sleep in my clothes. We decide to keep this room and enjoy what we could of the weekend. Atleast it has no bugs yet and the shower works.
After a nice hot shower I started to used the hair dryer, it sparked and started to smoke.

On a good note, my girlfriend forgot a piece of luggage when we left. When we got it back, everything was there.

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I will NEVER do it again.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything in between
alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

I found this hotel using a coupon book from the interstate rest stop, so got it for $39.99...not worth any more than that. The room was OK for the price. The onsite Dennys with 20% off was OK....nice change from standard continental breakfast, but with family of 4, take that extra money and go to a nicer hotel with free breakfast. They are correct that they are across the street from Busch Gardens, but if you try to walk to the front gate, you'll be tired...just stay somewhere else and pay the $9 parking.

Parrish, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

My Brother booked two rooms here for my Bachelor party and the hotel was horrible! First we had rooms 140 and 142. So we unpacked everything in 142 and noticed the tub was constantly running water and roaches were in the tub. Then they were crawling around when I was on the toilet and I had to fend them off with my foot (how sick is that?!). So we called and complained and had to go back to the front desk. They gave us room # 146 instead of 142, so we checked it out. The air conditioning was broke in that room, so we called back the front desk. They told us to come get another room key for a different room. It was raining pretty good as this point and it was 2AM. We said no, this place is in a horrible state, please bring us the key, it's late, raining, and we are in our underwear. They hung-up on us! So we went to the front desk and turned in our keys and left. They told us they're still going to bill us for the stay (though we didn't spend the night), so it is going to get disputed on my Brothers credit card. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!

• Liked — Location was convient to Busch Gardens
  • Disliked — Everything else!!
  • Stayed October 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Waimea, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

We had stay for two nights there because the location is really near to Busch Garden, although the price was really competitive but unfortunatelly the condition of amenities are really old and need repairs.

We had one king bed room which was in the second floor near the stairs. The bed was tilt in the middle when you lay down on the bed and in result got a back ache the next morning. The bathroom was small and the fan in the bathroom was so loud. However housekeeper clean the bed everyday. Hope the management could change the bed.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — amenities: bedding, bathroom etc.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!