“HORRIBLE GUEST SERVICE!!!!! VERY DIRTY!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn West of Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Days Inn West of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Days Inn West of Busch Gardens
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn Busch Garden Maingate)   |
Ranked #133 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Bradenton, Florida
“HORRIBLE GUEST SERVICE!!!!! VERY DIRTY!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Where do I start?? Well when we checked in Jah the clerk said we had 2 rooms for 2 night. I said no , we have 1 room for 2 nights. and was insisting I made a reservation for 2 rooms. so after a few times of saying only one room. we got the one room. well the next day we check our bank account just to make sure we only got charged for 1 room. and sure enough we got charged for 2. When I went to the office to discuss this issue the Manager Jim was in the office and very RUDE!! would not let me talk and keep telling me I was not charger for 2 rooms. So I went to the computer right there in the office and printed out my bank statement showing the 2 charges. he wouldn't even look at it keep telling me SHHHH!! and putting his hand in my face..... REALLY!!!! so then called Customer Service They were of no help. was told they would send a dispute through to the hotel..... so later that day went back to office and Employ Jah was there.. I asked to speak to the owner (Jay) of the hotel. Who he called and he REFUSED to speak with me, told Jah Jim was there and the manager he would handle it. well needless to say it was not handled and we are missing $123.63, As for the hotel it's self. VERY DIRTY, Room had a mildew smell, bed felt damp, there was what looked to be mold on the ruff over the window. you see staff out around the hotel and no one says hello very NASTY HOTEL!
This was to be a nice trip away for me and my husband, to go to howl o scream and a weekend away from the kids, turned into a NIGHTMARE!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and regret the issue you had for accommodation and the charges.

We have investigated the incident howsoever it might have happened and the concerned staff have been given the required training so that this is never occur again.

The hotel staff and manager have been given proper training so that our guests receive the best hospitality and feel honored.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and promise a delightful experience.

Hotel Manager.

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of bad places. I always have the theory of, I'm only here to sleep. Yes, this place is cheap. But a big difference between cheap and gross. This place is just gross.

The cable didn't work, they say they have wifi but, we had no wifi. Not even any access at all.

The room smelt like mildew. We also felt very very unsafe, and each day (stayed for the weekend, due to Bush Gardens) we would pack everything, back into the car. Never have I felt the need to put the desk chair up against the door for extra protection, and here I did, each night.

Yes, this place is cheap and yes its right across from Bush Gardens. But trust me....if you are looking for a deal this isnt it.

Never again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Days Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

We are investigating the safety related issue and have taken necessary steps to ensure complete security to all our guests.

We care for the confidentiality and privacy of our guests and apologize for the unlikely experience mentioned by you.

We have engaged a professional cleaning team, with a strict instruction to check the rooms and amenities of the room before checking in a new guest.

We request you to make a note and consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Days Inn West of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn West of Busch Gardens

Address: 2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn Busch Garden Maingate)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Ranked #133 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Days Inn West of Busch Gardens 1.5*
Modern - Near Busch Gardens. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Days Inn West of Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn West Of Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
Days Inn Tampa
Busch Garden Hotel

If you own or manage Days Inn West of Busch Gardens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.