“You get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn West of Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Days Inn West of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Days Inn West of Busch Gardens
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn Busch Garden Maingate)   |
Ranked #133 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Thou on the website they say you get breakfast. You don't. You get a 10% discount off breakfast. Why pay hen Busch gardens opens at 9:00 like the breakfast diner. I paid for a unlimited wrist band for Busch gardens to eat. We also were looking for a inexpensive pet-friendly place to stay. Yes there are some fixer uppers but we paid 120$ for a room in the Marriott and I would say that place is worse than this days inn. The price you pay is better than a lot of other really cheap hotels. The service is snappy and fast. Dogs seem to okay with it too. The bathroom is quite broken and moldy.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Palmetto, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place needs to be SHUT DOWN. When I arrived there they refused to get us a pillow. They said they didn't carry extra pillows. We went to our room and it smelled like smoke, there was a bug smashed and smeared on the wall and a nest hanging from the ceiling. The vents were missing from the AC so we asked to be moved. In the next room which also smelled like smoke and in the first few minutes there we found roaches and when you flushed the toilet it had a nasty odor. There were roaches everywhere! In the tub, walls carpet in the drawers and safe. Thankfully not on our beds .We was too lazy to look for another hotel and it was late so we decided just to ignore it. The next day a long day at the park we come back to the room to find that no one had cleaned up anything. We were furious! Went to the front desk and asked for a refund the place was NASTY! And the lady there was very disrespectful to us, laughing at our faces as if she couldn’t believe what we were telling her. She didn’t want to get the manager on the phone with us and only offered to move us to another room. If two rooms are infested with bugs, the whole building is too! This place is very nasty and has nasty people. This place should be put down.

Room Tip: Price! Don't be cheap!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn for your recent stay in our area.

We are sorry that it wasn’t the experience you had anticipated, whatever may have went wrong.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We take our reviews very seriously.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. Complete pest control and fumigation has been done.

• The desk clerk received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose us for your stay and you can experience the change.

West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My daughter and I booked a room there for 3 nights. We arrived and were sent to a room far off from the parking. Scetchy people all over the place. As we were walking to our room we were accosted by a tall thin guy with few teeth wanting to know what room we were in, etc. When I complained to the manager he told me, 'don't worry about him.' Our room was far from our car and in the corner so I called the front desk and asked for a room in the main area of the hotel. I had to go back to the front desk, get another key. The next room was centrally located but the same. Smelled disgusting, mold, mildew, urine. Did not even check out the bathroom as the guy showed up at our door when we were bringing our stuff in. My daughter screamed at him to leave us alone. Front desk manager again refused to handle the situation until I said I was calling the police. We did not feel safe and I asked for money back. I did call police and even though they might be down the street after 20 minutes I left with my refund, called the police back to let them know I did not even feel safe waiting for them. The hotel is full of people who live there and are filthy and have no concern for keeping the area clean and safe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens when you recently visited our area. I am sorry it was not what you expected to find.

• Front desk manager received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Manager and owner were notified of the people who approached us and of the insecurity we felt.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again attempt to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Jacksonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I thought by booking a hotel close to the amusement park, that it would be in a lot better shape (even for the cheap price), but boy was I wrong! The outside looks nice; normal, and with the convenience of restaurants near by, but upon entering the room, I knew immediately that I had made the wrong choice in lodging. The room smelled like mold and urine. I was scared to take my shoes off because there was no telling if the moldy smell was coming from the horrible green walls (paint that was obviously covering up mold), or the smelly damp carpet. The towels were stained, and the bathroom shower looked clean, except for the nasty, almost broken, shower head. There was a tv remote and a dvd remote, but no dvd player(must have been stolen). The blanket had "suspicious" stains on them, and when I asked the desk for another, he replied that there were no other blankets he could give me. And that was just inside the room. We went to the pool, which from far away looked nice, but when we entered the gate (which was broken and partially hanging off the hinges), there was trash everywhere. The pool side tables and chairs were sticky, and covered in grime. We were tired, and didn't feel like looking for another hotel so we stuck it out, deciding to cut our ship short from two days to one day because there was no way we were staying in the room. This was set in stone once we came back from down the street (McDonalds) to see two prostitutes (we knew they were prostitutes because we had just saw them proposition some men at McDonalds) walking with their "customers" into one of the rooms. It was a total let down, and I was very upset because we've had good experiences with Days Inn before. Guess we need to pick a different type of hotel from now on...never Days Inn again.

Room Tip: Please do not trust the pics, or rely on price when choosing a hotel room. Location is everything...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn West of Busch Gardens for your recent stay in our area.

• Manager was approached about your report of encountering prostitutes and about your being approached by people.

• Pool staff received additional training in presenting a proper pool area.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

this place is totally disgusting.my husband and I intended to stay one nite,we had been in the room maybe an hour before I saw a very plump bed bug waddling across the sheets of the bed.mgr offered another room,really no point as im positive the entire place is infested!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens during your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of a bedbug in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed extermination.

South Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel is used for nothing but partying and drug activities. Room service was zero to none, i had the same pillow case for 4 nights! One towel the first two night, never vacuumed, never cleaned the coffee pot....the list goes on! we were so scared that we took the two chairs in the room and propped them up against the door in case of a break in! Stay far away from this hotel if you have children! and if you don't have children plan on being awake until at least 2am because of all the noise!!!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and stay away from this hotel across from busch gardens!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

• Staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Management was approached about your feeling of insecurity.

• Management was approached about their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests and keep the noise level at a reasonable level.

Bogart, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

to start of very bad area.nothing but getto around there, when we checked in we went to the room and when i open my door i thought it was going to come off,then i opened my curtian to let the sun in the only view i had was of a bunch of beds in a storge area,they could at least blocked the window out.then we upacked and the room was very nasty,walked on the carpet your feet turned black. the bath room was very bad i sat on the tolioite and i thought i was going to fall in the tub thats how loose it was ,the shower head was falling apart.the plugs had no covers on them, then i went out to get something out of my car and these 2 guys were in trying to get in my car.as soon as they saw me they left,then there is prostitution being run out of the rooms,all night long they were in and out. and the was a pimps car parked out there all night long.they mades suck there and the security sucks as well. dont let the pics fool you . i will never bring my family in there again. people if you see this hotel keep driving,you dont feel safe in there.

Room Tip: there is a red roof inn down the road from there much better,and a laquinta
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Days Inn West of Busch Gardens

• Maintenance was notified of the loose toilet and showerhead in the room assigned to you as well as the plugs having no covers. They were instructed to see to any needed repairs or replacements.

Management was informed of your feeling of insecurity and ways in which security could be increased were discussed.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Days Inn West of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!