“This place is a complete waste of money...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

You added Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly Days Inn West of Busch Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #134 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“This place is a complete waste of money...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011 via mobile

I never write reviews but I was so moved by the complete nastiness of this motel that I had to say something. My Family did not stay the night... There were bed bugs and very stained sheets. I brought this to the attention of the management but they did not care and would not return my money. I'm a VIP Wyndam resort rewards member and they still treated me with extreme disrespect. Don't just read my review, read all the dozens of other review posted by your fellow Americans and travelers. I will never stay at this motel and or any Wyndam owned hotel.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Espoo, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

it takes probably 15 minutes to walk to BG from there (so you might avoid paying the BG parking fee but you might be fairly tired in the eving when you are supposed to walk back!). In the area there are a number of fast foods and other shops. I paid some 45$ for a double using a coupon.
The door of the room looked pretty unsafe and the safe in the room was broken. We did not spend a lot of time there but the night, and we slept fine enough.
I think you can find lower rates in the very same location.

Room Tip: higher floors are less noisy
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

booked this hotel via lastminute.com, was a cheap 2 night stay just so we could visit Busch Gardens. Upon arrival on the outside it looked bad, once inside our room, 101, i realised how bad it was. Thankfully there were no bugs, but, there was dust everywhere, the bathroom was very old and decayed, the bathroom door didnt shut. The actual room door was unsecure, not even locking on the inside, we had to put the armchair up against it. The area was like something out of a gangster film, there were cars driving through the hotel car park with music blaring out all night, suspected drug drop offs, people outside our room all night drinking, until at least 3.a.m. complaining that the pot they had just bought was too mild!!!!! we left after 1 night after hardly any sleep, thankful to be out of there.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Bonita Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Husband books this hotel because he was going to a concert with my son. I came along for a relaxing weekend. It was as long as you weren't inside. Our first room had a huge roach and fhe ac didnt work. Second room ok but both me and my son woke up with pink eye. I told the clean up person that I stripped the bed and I wanted everything replaced even the pillows. Major attitude. Room wasnt cleaned until after 3 but whe were checking out they were at the door at 10. Restaurant on the premise smelled like something died in there and the table was sticky. Attitude from waitress when I nicely asked her to wipe down the table - she did with a wet cloth. When my husband came in he noticed it too. I tend to be very critical of the places I eat at. Pool didnt open until after 10 when it wassupposed to be 9. INTERNET SUCKED!!! I was lucky to have two bars. We stayed at the pool all day Sunday and noticed no one cleaned up the area from the day before. Bugs in the pool not many but the jets shouldve been on. There was a 9 yr old kid by himself and another kid he didnt know was trying to grab at him. My second room had no towels hours later they brought me two - for four people - no towels at the pool so I asked one of the maids for a few she told me I had to get then from upstairs??? Their carts were always in the way, there were wasp nests in the eaves and one even on the flotation device. Tv reception horrible, no complamentary coffee. Worst trip ever

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
sterling
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Not a great place! Rooms are not well maintanined and smell! We had to pay $20 to use the iron. It was a cheap room, I guess you get what you pay for. We will not stay here again!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Venice, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

If you are looking for hookers and drugs this is the place. We booked three nights. We left after one. The bathroom door did not close, the toilet was broken. The a.c did not work. There are bugs and filth. We went out to the car and saw a hooker. The room next to us had people coming in and out all night. We finally fell asleep and woke to the police outside arresting somebody. Spend a little more money and stay at a hotel on Fowler. Only one extra mile to Busch Gardens but a much nicer neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed here because it was close to Busch Gardens. Knew it wouldn't be great but figured one night, how bad could it be?.... Well even the lobby was dirty. Should have left then. I don't think they have swept it all month. The room had a bad smell, blankets had cigarette burn (our room was non-smoking). The tub had mildew on the ouside, the ceiling fan in bathroom was coming off and did not work, the toilet kept on "running" about every 20 minutes. The pool was really bad, sooooo dirty, full of bugs on top and all on the bottom. The surface of the pool was all cracked and very bumpy. The shower for the pool had no handle to actually turn it on, you would need a wrench to turn in. The chairs at the pool were really dirty and had mold. This hotel was gross and very undercared for. It's old and needs a ton of work!! I told the front desk about the pool and they said "oh well the pool guy is supposed to come on Monday" It was Monday at 5 PM!! Nasty!!!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!