“OK but...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Tampa/North of Busch Gardens

You added Days Inn Tampa/North of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Days Inn Tampa/North of Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   701 E Fletcher Avenue, I-275 & Fletcher Ave Exit 52, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #122 of 159 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Miramar, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The room was dirty , the second day we had no towels , I call the front desk we didn't received the until 31/2 hours later

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed at! ! ! The room was disgusting, holes on the carpet, trash underneath the bed. Not to mention my room was missing the room number, we walked right by it the first time around. Will never stay here again!

Pierson, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Check in was easy, room was clean, breakfast was good, and the best thing is they have smoking rooms

Amherst, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Due to a cancelled flight we stayed an extra night in Tampa. In a rush to avoid sleeping at the airport we found this hotel. Usually we are so good about checking the reviews on Trip Advisor but unfortunately we did not. They required an upfront $50 deposit.. just in case.when we checked in. That should have been my first inkling of things to come. The room on the second floor was dark and unwelcoming. We pulled back all the covers to check the sheets and pillows because the bedding looked worn... in fact the whole room looked run down. We went for a LONG dinner because we did not want to spend any more time in the room than we had to. After dinner I went to the desk to request extra towels as we received only two for four adults. Usually this is a quick and easy task to take care of. I was made to feel like a criminal about the steal the extra towels. Our TV was missing the remote control and the TV was this huge monstrosity. I guess better so the TV would not be stolen. The wireless was barely functional. The phone was missing most of the buttons, the refrigerator sat on the floor, the microwave perched on top (I didn't have the stomach to look inside) and what I think was a safe was missing the front door. The beds were caved in and uncomfortable. Light came in from all around the door frame even when locked, Given the area the hotel is located in I never felt quite safe. Couldn't leave soon enough ! Breakfast was skimpy with very long lines that weren't worth the wait. All in all.. just an awful experience. Days Inn is now off my list of places to stay. Sleeping at the airport would have been a much better alternative.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you can avoid it.
Marshfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked a 1 king sized bed room for my sister's birthday for 3/25/15, and when she got to the hotel, they had her in a 1 double bed! She was there with her boyfriend, and when they told the lady at the front desk that they were supposed to have a king bed, she told them they booked a double. She showed the lady her confirmation email saying it was booked for a king, and then the lady stated that they overbooked, and a double was all they had left. I booked this room about a month or more ahead of time for them! When I called to try and straighten this out for my sister, the lady at the front desk told me the same lies she told my sister! I told her that something needs to be done about this error asap (like an upgrade or her money back), and the lady hung up on me! I called back and threatened to call customer care if this didn't get taken care of, and said she would give her money back. When my sister and her boyfriend came down the next morning to check their receipt, no money was given back! The guy at the front desk asked her who told her she would get her money back, and was rude to her about it! Then stated that there was no one there to help her. I have tried calling back on 3/26 and was told that the manager was in a meeting and he/she would call me back. No one called! I then called customer care. I did receive a call on 3/27, but didn't get to the phone right away. When I called them back (about 2 mins after they called) the front desk staff stated he/she left and they were unsure when they would be back! I work at the front desk at another Wyndham Hotel, and I know that there is NO WAY/reason that my sister should have been downgraded on her room or treated the way she was! If anything, she should have gotten a free upgrade! Shame on this hotel and its rude, uncaring staff! Its an embarrassment to the Wyndham group!

Room Tip: Dont expect the room you booked!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My prepaid room at days Inn was paid upfront and when we arrive it was occupied.
I had to wait in my vehicle for hours till a room was available, no apology,no acknowledgements of issue, and after i returned home conveniently the days inn staff can not be reached . my rating for this hotel is avoid it at all cost.

Room Tip: don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Tampa/North of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!