“Horrible Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Tampa/North of Busch Gardens

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Tampa/North of Busch Gardens to your Saves list
Days Inn Tampa/North of Busch Gardens
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   701 E Fletcher Avenue, I-275 & Fletcher Ave Exit 52, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #128 of 158 hotels in Tampa
North Andover
“Horrible Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed there 4/20/12. we were supposed to stay 2 nights for Busch gardens but ended up only there 1 night. I wouldn't stay there again for free. The place was filthy and had scetchy people lurking around. That wasn't the worst though....At 1:00 I discovered my room had bed bugs!!! Needless to say I stayed up the rest of the night killing bugs while my exhausted children and husband slept. Completely disgusted!!!! I took pictures of the bugs and left dead bugs on the sink for management to see for themselves. However, when I called that afternoon and talked to the manager (wanting a full refund of course) he had the nerve to tell me that there was no evidence of bed bugs in that room....BS!!!! I will never stay at another Days Inn again or another cheap hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We arrived here on the 6th of March and it was very early in the afternoon. We had a coupon and got the rate and the room immediately. We were very pleased.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

Never even made into an actual room...as we circled the parking lot 3 times, I began pleading to my boyfriend this is not a place I would so much as keep my stuff, much less stay. We sat in the parking lot for a brief moment debating what to do, as it was midnight and we'd already paid expedia $128 for two nights. I decided to go in and be honest with the guy, simply explaining that I felt unsafe due to the block party that was in full swing when we arrived. He explained to me that I wouldn't get shot bc the police station was less than a mile away and they always respond quickly when he calls them. We searched an hour for another room. EVERYONE we encountered said to stay away from that place. We got reimbursed by expedia, stayed safely and roach free at the Ramada on Flower, & laughed our butts off reading the reviews!!

• Stayed March 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Room very dirty, shower moldy and there were roached!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Yes, this hotel has seen better days/An older hotel maybe braved many storms/Ownership is trying to update/The staff will do everything possiible to make your stay comfortable/Very friendly and helpful staff/ Next to I-275 off ramp puts it close to everything/ Near Busch gardens/Both Stadiums/Airport/ALL your Veteran hospitals and Organizations/Cancer centers.....Many more places/attractions. For the reasonable price/Being on a budget/friendly and very helpful staff I think it was worth the stay/
If you are rich/can afford the Hilton and want mints on your pillows....This is not the place.
If you are on a budget/need a place to stay for a night/few nights or weekly rates/going to be out enjoying the area/emergency hospital or business stay for veteran organizations or there for the sports games....this is your place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

This is the most disgusting place I have ever been in my life. We stayed here one night before a cruise in August 2011 and it was horrible. There were roaches everywhere. This is not a stretch. They were in the sheets, on the carpet, crawling on the television, inside of the microwave, on the chairs EVERYWHERE. They claimed to have a business center that could be used to print our boarding passes; it was really one really old computer and a broken printer (so it wasn't much help). I cannot express strongly enough how bad this place is, I have stayed at bad hotels before but this is by far the worst. Whatever money you save by staying here, it just is not worth it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

The rooms are cleaner, the climate is in good shape, I didn't see any roaches.
Nick the room supervisor is nice and he speaks spanish.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Tampa/North of Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!