“Impressive for the price.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #62 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Impressive for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Very clean and well kept hotel. When we checked in there was a long line and to make the process more efficient the manager checked us in from her office. After checking us in she showed us to the elevators and told us about the variety of amenities offered by the hotel. Lobby was very nice as was the restaurant area. The pool was clean and pool area was very nice and relaxing.
The only complaint I have was that the hotel did not offer a complementary breakfast, as many Marriots do.
Hotel was close to main roads and not too far from nice restaurants and things to do.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback on your recent stay. I really enjoyed welcoming you to our hotel and showing you around as well. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the area and hope you will come back to visit again soon. I hope you did well on your testing too!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Our pre cruise stay was great. Arrived in late afternoon, room ready and clean. It was one of the first floor rooms and recently remodeled. Bed comfortable and clean. Bathroom nice and new and clean. Front desk staff pleasant and efficient. Notice in room stated complimentary coffee in morning in lobby, but front desk said that was wrong. I showed him the notice in room and he thanked me and gave me a credit on my room, very good customer service recovery. I had arranged my own shuttle to ship with Ship or Shore.

NOW our post cruise stay was a totally different story. I understood since we arrived before the 3pm check in that we would have to wait for a room. I watched 10 people check out, 3hours later no rooms were still available , there was no communication between housekeeping and front desk, as they had no idea if rooms clean, they would leave desk and go check for themselves. One came back and said someone was still sleeping in a room that had been checked out and she just laughed. Then a large group of women (6)came down, two men came and checked them out of the rooms and complained about the bill, 30 minutes later, after much laughing and conversations, the front desk handed them cash around the desk almost secretively and they left. Seemed like some shady operations, as they checked out without visible luggage. Front desk needs to take customer service class from the staff we saw the previous stay.
Finally 4 hrs, got a room. It was filthy! Hair on sheets, hair product grease on sheets and pillow, no mattress pad on beds, just sheet laid on top of mattress. Shower was moldy from top to bottom all thru the tiles. Obviously, one of the beds was not changed. Bathroom dirty, carpet dirty. I felt like was on that realty show were they point put bad hotel issues. This was one one of the rooms not remodeled, or cleaned for that matter. I would have complained but after waiting four hours in lobby , and seeing that the front desk didn't care about customer service at all, I just tried to make best of it and we used the one bed that looked like it was cleaner and without pubic hair and hair product grease. Asked housekeeper for extra sheets, and put them down myself. No pool towels, told by front desk to look again, another guest went and asked too, we all waited 30 minutes for a pool towel
The clock radio was broken, so called for wake up call in morning , which I did not get my 730am wake up call, good thing I woke at 8 on my own so didn't miss flight. Great difference between first stay and second, but not willing to risk staying again, my need to provide feedback to Marriott as this last night stay was not typical of marriott.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your recent visits to our hotel. I am so happy to hear about the positive experience you had on your first visit to our property, however I am very sorry and disappointed to hear about the circumstances around your second visit. I do take your feedback very seriously and I have already shared your comments with my leadership team to ensure this will not happen again. I have also shared your comments with my team on duty today and will continue to share them with the remainder of my team as a training for all of the staff on customer service and adherence to our strict Marriott Standards. As you experienced from your first visit, this is certainly not indicative of the type of service or standards that we strive to provide and I am so sorry that you had such a negative experience with us on your return visit. I truly appreciate the feedback so that we can continue to make every experience a positive one. Thank you again for staying with us.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed here one night for an early flight out in morning. Staff was excellent. Manager at front desk was sooo helpful and gave me great tips and info as I arrived. My room was clean and fresh. The pool was clean and pretty and had comfy chairs. I did not dine there but it was one of those express dining areas that Courtyard does. The staff was engaging and friendly throughout my stay. In particular, one staff member was near my room as I discovered my remote didn't work. I happened to pop my head out the door as she passed. Told her my situation and she had a new remote to me in moments. Refused a tip! I would stay here again and plan to when my flight plans call for it. It is also very close to airport and International mall and a number of restaurants/bars.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies and can overlook the pool. Great if pool is quiet. Maybe not so much if a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback on our hotel and staff. We truly appreciate your kind words but most importantly we are happy that you had an enjoyable stay and felt at home. I am happy that your were able to enjoy our tropical pool area also, it really is very relaxing! Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have you back again soon.
West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed overnight at this property . Lindsay at the front desk check me in which was quick and interactive. She was friendly and helpful. Although the room was clean, it needs some TLC . The bed was very comfortable . Unlike many other courtyard that I have stayed at , breakfast is not included in the rate. Ok for a quick stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so happy that Lindsay provided great service to you at check-in, I am excited to pass on your kind words to her and share them with my staff. I have to agree with you about the beds being comfortable- I had to order one for my home! Thank you for staying with us.
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I should have known from the moment I arrived at the room that staying at this hotel would be a disaster. If I had been paying, I would have changed hotels within 10 minutes of arriving. Here are the low-lights of this stay.

1. No towels in the room upon arrival. Had to call to get towels.
2. TV remote did not work. Had to request a new one twice.
3. Random hairs in both the bathroom and on the top of the bed
4. Fitted sheet on the bed turned inside out. (Normally would have been just odd but coupled with everything else was disturbing.)
5. Shower drain didn't drain. Had to request maintenance.
6. Every day, our key card was deactivated in the morning and we needed to go down to the front desk EVERY DAY to get them reactivated.
7. Bathroom sink leaked and a lot of water pooled on the counter top.
7. Had to request for the pool to be cleaned.
8. Fitness room was REALLY small.
9. They let random people wander the halls unsupervised. On one night of our stay, we received a pizza menu under our door. Typically, when this happens, these are scams and it was concerning that the hotel allows unsupervised people to walk the halls delivering these items.

I have stayed in a lot of Marriott branded hotels.....Courtyard, Residence Inns, JW Marriott, Marriott, Eden Roc (Miami), etc. all of the world and am a Marriott Gold Rewards member. This hotel by far was the worse Marriott hotel that I have ever stayed in.

Again, had I been paying the bill, I would never have stayed there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. Although we strive for a great experience for all of our guests, we evidently had several service failures during your visit. I do apologize for not meeting your-and our own expectations. We take your comments very seriously and I have addressed each and every one with our team so that we can ensure a great experience for all of our guests. Thank you again for your feedback.
manchester ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

nice place----perfect for a launching point before heading out for our cruise.
you stay for a night and get to park your car there for the week for free plus a clean shuttle to the port and back---we do this everytime we cruise out of tampa

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us before your cruise. I am so happy you enjoyed our hotel, shuttle and parking! I hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise and hope to see you back soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The bathroom is gross, pubes everywhere. The rest is just ok. Clean it up please. Bathroom should be the cleanest part.
Brickyard next door is nice, but tons of seedy strip clubs around. Lobby is nice, breakfast is ordered at a counter, limited offerings.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. I apologize about the issues you encountered in the bathroom area and I assure you that I have already addressed it wih our housekeeping team. We take our cleanliness standards very seriously, however in this case we evidently had a service failure. I do appreciate your feedback so that we can continue to improve our product and services. Thank you again for staying with us.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!