“Quick Stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
West Orange, New Jersey
“Quick Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed overnight at this property . Lindsay at the front desk check me in which was quick and interactive. She was friendly and helpful. Although the room was clean, it needs some TLC . The bed was very comfortable . Unlike many other courtyard that I have stayed at , breakfast is not included in the rate. Ok for a quick stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so happy that Lindsay provided great service to you at check-in, I am excited to pass on your kind words to her and share them with my staff. I have to agree with you about the beds being comfortable- I had to order one for my home! Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I should have known from the moment I arrived at the room that staying at this hotel would be a disaster. If I had been paying, I would have changed hotels within 10 minutes of arriving. Here are the low-lights of this stay.

1. No towels in the room upon arrival. Had to call to get towels.
2. TV remote did not work. Had to request a new one twice.
3. Random hairs in both the bathroom and on the top of the bed
4. Fitted sheet on the bed turned inside out. (Normally would have been just odd but coupled with everything else was disturbing.)
5. Shower drain didn't drain. Had to request maintenance.
6. Every day, our key card was deactivated in the morning and we needed to go down to the front desk EVERY DAY to get them reactivated.
7. Bathroom sink leaked and a lot of water pooled on the counter top.
7. Had to request for the pool to be cleaned.
8. Fitness room was REALLY small.
9. They let random people wander the halls unsupervised. On one night of our stay, we received a pizza menu under our door. Typically, when this happens, these are scams and it was concerning that the hotel allows unsupervised people to walk the halls delivering these items.

I have stayed in a lot of Marriott branded hotels.....Courtyard, Residence Inns, JW Marriott, Marriott, Eden Roc (Miami), etc. all of the world and am a Marriott Gold Rewards member. This hotel by far was the worse Marriott hotel that I have ever stayed in.

Again, had I been paying the bill, I would never have stayed there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. Although we strive for a great experience for all of our guests, we evidently had several service failures during your visit. I do apologize for not meeting your-and our own expectations. We take your comments very seriously and I have addressed each and every one with our team so that we can ensure a great experience for all of our guests. Thank you again for your feedback.
manchester ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

nice place----perfect for a launching point before heading out for our cruise.
you stay for a night and get to park your car there for the week for free plus a clean shuttle to the port and back---we do this everytime we cruise out of tampa

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us before your cruise. I am so happy you enjoyed our hotel, shuttle and parking! I hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise and hope to see you back soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The bathroom is gross, pubes everywhere. The rest is just ok. Clean it up please. Bathroom should be the cleanest part.
Brickyard next door is nice, but tons of seedy strip clubs around. Lobby is nice, breakfast is ordered at a counter, limited offerings.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. I apologize about the issues you encountered in the bathroom area and I assure you that I have already addressed it wih our housekeeping team. We take our cleanliness standards very seriously, however in this case we evidently had a service failure. I do appreciate your feedback so that we can continue to improve our product and services. Thank you again for staying with us.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

From check-in to room quality to customer service, this property has all of the quality that you would expect from a Marriott hotel. I wish it was more of a bargain but the quality was very good.
Only detractions (which are not controlled by Marriott) were the restaurant (slow service and average food), the gift/convenience shop (was not open at all despite the hours posted) and the Starbucks (understaffed).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback on your visit to our hotel this week. I am so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and the service. I will definitely follow up on your feedback regarding the restaurant. I hope you will choose our hotel again on your nbext trip to Tampa!
Fraser,MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed here with 3 other families two drove and two of the families flew. The wait to get picked up at the airport was not long. The driver was nice and friendly. The front staff was very nice. Our rooms were all very good, and the pool area was very nice. We sat out and star watched it was really relaxing. They made sure you make it to your cruise in time, and the parking for the cars was just in with other guests, no worries. There was a guard on a golf cart and he also was very nice. After the cruise they came and picked us up. We had a large group so we did wait awhile, because they were bringing other guests to their cruises too. They did bring a van big enough for everyone, and had a trailer for all the luggage. Make sure you go back to the hotel it you are flying out, because if you want to go to the airport they will take you but you will be charged. Going back to the hotel you change shuttles, and then they take you to the airport for free. We did not know that and almost make that mistake. If you don't have a car, there is not much around there, but there is a restaurant across the parking lot for dinner.

Room Tip: Bottom floors open to the parking lot, I felt better being up
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review of your recent visit to our hotel. I am so happy the Cruise Package worked well for you and you enjoyed our hotel and staff. The Courtyard and pool area really do make star watching very relaxing! Thank you for staying with us and I hope you had a great time on your cruise!
Naples, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights & really like it. The staff were among the most friendly we have met. We did have to wait for an hour for our room but that was because we wanted one in a certain part of the hotel. The staff certainly got it right. Thank you.
Our only problem with the room was that the AC system was a little noisy at times, otherwise it was very good.
We did not eat here as we thought that it was a bit too expensive. Especially as there are numerous restaurants within 2 miles of the hotel.
It was never busy, you do not need to ask why.
I think that something could be improved here.

Room Tip: Depends on what you like but we wanted a balcony with the sun coming in. We got one on the 4th. floo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, please come back again soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!