“Only Average for a Courtyard” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #68 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, GA
“Only Average for a Courtyard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

The room is fine - only average for a Courtyard. The pool and jacuzzi are good - exercise room is the smallest I've ever seen at a Courtyard. Location is a bit odd - it's located right next to a topless establishment called the Alibi Lounge and a massage parlor - not typical positioning for a Marriott. I will likely seek a different Marriott property next time. Hotel staff seemed friendly and lobby was fine. Overall, I think you can do better in Tampa.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Roanoke, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We only stayed one night, but this seemed like a place where we could have handled a longer stay. The rooms were quite nice, even for a Courtyard - well kept up and clean. The room was quiet even though it faced the freeway. I'd estimate the hotel was no more than five years old, and it shows. Everything was in good shape with little wear.

The public areas of the hotel were pleasant with up-to-date styling. While we didn't use them, the pool and hot tub looked very nice and those using them seemed quite satisfied.

Service was very friendly and helpful, with easy check in and out. Security was solid throughout.

The area around the hotel is decent, but nothing special. There are a few decent restaurants nearby, but the highlight is the very nice mall about five minutes drive away, which features a number of very nice places.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We just stayed in the Courtyard Marriott Westshore/Airport for a couple of nights, and it was fine for what we needed - a place to sleep - but I'll probably look for a different hotel when I come back to Tampa. It's kind of expensive for what you get. The rooms are basic, but fine. But for the price I would expect a continental breakfast, but they have a for-pay "Bistro", which effectively adds $10 to the cost of the stay. The staff is VERY nice and helpful though! It's about halfway between the airport and downtown, so you could probably find hotels nearer to each, depending on what you need. They do have a shuttle to the airport, which is convenient. It's fine for a place to sleep for a night or two, but if I were vacationing in Tampa for the week, there are many nicer "destination" hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Palm City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

This is a very clean and comfortable hotel with great amenities including breakfast and bar area, great sleeping room, etc. I held a business conference here and it went off without a hitch and with great success. The service is fabulous and friendly but the location wasn't so perfect. I would definitely consider staying here again but my personal preference is closer to downtown and/or the bay area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

First I should say I am usually a Hilton person (typically Hampton Inns) but in the Tampa area there are not as many Hilton options, so I decided to give this a try based on reviews/affordability. The staff was very nice, check in was fine, the lobby looked as if it had been recently renovated. The lobby/approach now seems to resemble a Hyatt Place. I got the University of Tampa rate which was $89, wonderful.

The wonder stopped once I walked down a hallway (dirty carpet) to the small elevator (the only one in the lobby area). The doors closed rather quickly which in my opinion is not ideal in a hotel where one has luggage, etc. The room itself was very basic. No fluffy duvet, no mattress pad. There was a patio that overlooked the pool area which looked lovely. However, the screen door did not shut all the way which I imagine during warmer months would create a bug issue. The light in my bathroom kept flickering on and off until the next morning it died all together. There was a flat screen but the satellite did not have good reception for about half of the channels. Room overall looked reasonably clean if basic. The worst bit though I did not discover until the next morning. There was no outlet in the bathroom, nor in the small wall area near the bathroom, nor in front of any mirror. This made it rather difficult to blow dry my hair. I found the toiletries to be very cheap quality too. I was confused by how basic overall everything was...I was under the impression that Courtyards were a step up from Hamptons? I guess not. Area is within 5 minutes of many chain restaurants and a Whole Foods, where I had dinner. Overall, it was not awful, but not so great that I would choose to book there next spring when I am back in town.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

It's a typical Marriott that meets your expectations. Was there only one night for a business conference but everything was great. Their heavy hors d'oeuvres at the cocktail reception were excellent as were the mini- bars. They also accommodated very nicely the "casino night" that was presented. Room was immaculate with the standard flat screen and all the little bathroom niceties were also provided. Customer service all around was excellent and we had an excellent room rate as well Wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

When I found out that the guys in my tailgate group had booked us in a Courtyard, I was nervous, so I packed my own sheets and towels, bug spray, black light etc.. BUT when we got there I was pleasantly surprised, this property was clean and centrally located with shuttle service within a 2 mile radius. The staff was the courteous and helpful, the rooms was clean and well maintain, the wi-fi worked and they also had an interacted communication board that helped find resturants and directions to other locations around the area. When we finish attending the game FALCONS VS BUCS...GO FLACONS!!! About 30 of us congregated in the step down sitting area to socialize, the staff was very accommodating and stated that we was not being a disturbance... This facility has a business center and atm... I will recommend this property for all your business and pleasure stay and the price is so affordable. Can I say more a grat night sleep, restaurant on the premise and a beautiful pool area that is both romantic and relaxing...Where will I be staying the next time I come to Tampa< you guessed it

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Westshore/Airport? Share your experiences!