“OH NO!!! NOT A COURTYARD, BUT WAIT” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #50 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Columbus, Georgia
“OH NO!!! NOT A COURTYARD, BUT WAIT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

When I found out that the guys in my tailgate group had booked us in a Courtyard, I was nervous, so I packed my own sheets and towels, bug spray, black light etc.. BUT when we got there I was pleasantly surprised, this property was clean and centrally located with shuttle service within a 2 mile radius. The staff was the courteous and helpful, the rooms was clean and well maintain, the wi-fi worked and they also had an interacted communication board that helped find resturants and directions to other locations around the area. When we finish attending the game FALCONS VS BUCS...GO FLACONS!!! About 30 of us congregated in the step down sitting area to socialize, the staff was very accommodating and stated that we was not being a disturbance... This facility has a business center and atm... I will recommend this property for all your business and pleasure stay and the price is so affordable. Can I say more a grat night sleep, restaurant on the premise and a beautiful pool area that is both romantic and relaxing...Where will I be staying the next time I come to Tampa< you guessed it

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

A mistake in booking by my office brought me to this marriott instead of downtown. Very nice accommodations but customer service from start to finish was a plus, plus, plus. Close to the mall and the airport, I would stay here on my next visit. Nice pool, nice resturant and lounge,but the staff were the drivers of my return....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a standard courtyard.Clean,good security and a courteous staff make this a worthwhile place to stay for a night or two.It is very close to the airport and not too far from downtown Tampa.The pool area is clean and has ample seating.I have stayed here many times for both attending sporting events and functions at the Stratz Center for preforming arts.
Good hotel for the price,will return,they provide dependable service and are quick to resolve any issues within reason.
Through the years I have stayed here over 10 times and only had 1 not so good stay,but I never complained about it.I am sure they would have changed my room if I had requested it.Good value,not luxury,clean,and very nice staff makes all this a choice for me.

Room Tip: Request a high floor,far from elevator and EXTRA PILLOWS !
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelSmart3237
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This Marriott could be considered an airport hotel for Tampa, but there's such a large business sector next to the airport it's been put in more of a business park category. Quiet on the weekend (when we were there) and definitely designed for male business travelers, as evidenced by the numerous steakhouses and strip clubs in the area (including the strip club directly across the street). Two shopping malls nearby, and also a long boulevard of all the chain stores you might want = Walmart, Whole Foods, Best Buy, fast food. Easy to run errands and get what you need.
We were given a nice, end room on the corner of the top floor, which made jockeying around in the bathroom a little strange, given the wall angles. Only 1 sink, so if travelling with 2 or more, might request a different room. Super comfy bed = wish I had one of them right now. Nice shower with large tub. Bath & Bodyworks toiletries.
We had booked on a special = free internet, free brekkie, and late check-out - and had to fight tooth and nail for the hotel staff to honor each of them, which seemed kind of strange. Very nice buffet in restaurant = tons of options for all eaters. Restaurant workers were a little *too* courteous = probably checked in on us 10+ times each meal, no exaggeration. But props for effort.
Overall, a great place to either put your head down and work during the week or stop over on the weekend for a getaway or en route to other places.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KayClifton
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

We arrived at Tamp airport very late, as our flight had been delayed. We called the hotel for a shuttle once we got to baggage claim, and the shuttle beat our baggage! The staff was very friendly, and offered us a $30 discount upon arrival, so we didn't miss out on a special holiday rate. The main lobby is currently under construction, but the conference room was set up very nicely. All of the amenities were still there...breakfast buffet (not best of all time, but large variety, and well worth the $5), business center, small shop, pool, exercise room.

The staff did a wonderful job accomodating our religious preferences on Easter, providing a shuttle to/from mass on short notice. Note: We did have to use a recommended private shuttle to get to the cruise port... We enjoyed the stay...and the price!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank indacoldeh
Branson, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Only stayed here for one night, moved to another less expensive hotel. Very clean. For the price, no restaurant or room service available. For a woman traveling alone had to walk thru parking lots to get to restaurant. Did not feel safe and secure.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jellybelly-66
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for four nights on business. The location is close to great shopping and restaurants, although the P.M. rush-hour traffic around the area is terrible. The staff was incredibly accomodating, friendly and professional. I interacted with them a lot becuase I had to change rooms twice. The first room had mold on the wall above the door to the bath area. The second room was on the first floor, and I could not get the screen door to lock properly. There was also a scary stain in the tub there. The third room was acceptable: clean toilet, tub, sink and sheets. However, one of the beds (I had a double) had a gum-filled gum wrapper on it. There were also stains on the nightstand, that looked like spilled food or drink, and the nightstand outlets were stained with food/grease, as well. The bath area was clean enough, although there was a stain on the outside shower curtain. If you're the kind of person who would not notice/mind these types of things, you won't mind staying here. The room was facing the pool and very quiet. No air conditioner noise and the room heated and cooled easily. It also had updated Courtyard decor and a flatscreen and wireless worked well in my room. Random observations: I felt safe walking to and from my car in the dark. I had trouble printing some adobe files at the business center, but there's a FedEx a few blocks down the road. The hot buffet was yuck, but the coffee was great and available all day. I would stay here again in a pinch, but would rather not.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business