“Very very good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Tampa, FL
“Very very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

The food here was very good. I have not been to a German restaurant in quite a while, mainly because I haven't found one t hat I liked. This restaurant though is top notch. It is part deli, part bar, and part restaurant. Servers were very nice and attentive.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“WOW! Forgot how much I missed a good German restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been spoiled with good food all my life. I lived in a town that had various churches, synagogues and people who really knew how to cook. In the summer, it was ethnic food every weekend. So, when I was taken to Mr. Dunderbak's I was not hoping for a good meal. Boy, was I ever surprised with the food. A Weiner Schnitzel (veal, not beef) and Sauerbraten which was excellent, accompanied by red cabbage just like Grandma made and Latkes (potato pancakes) done just like I remembered. We were with the grandchildren, who attacked the german potato salad and the latkes with gusto. But this is only part of the restaurant ----- it's all about the BEER!

Try the Old Rasputin for a stout, lighter with malt after taste and very drinkable. One person had a beer aged in whiskey barrels (J.W. Lees Harvest Ale (Lagavulin Whisky Cask)) that provided a 'complex' taste most of us enjoyed. They will give you tasting samples if you don't know what you want. Just ask! These servers know their stuff! And DO NOT miss the desserts! The German Chocolate Cake was delicious! I can't say enough good about this place, it was just fabulous!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Worth a try for German food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Interesting place to experience German food and brew. Our food was tasty and staff was knowledable about the recipes. Discovered a new brew.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Good German Food and All The Types of Beer you can imagine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Tried Mr. Dunderbaks during a business trip. There was a beer club using the main dining room, but they were able to seat me in the "family" room. The entire room is surrounded by shelves of bottled beer...even recognized some Rogue brews from my home state. They advertise 55 draft beers and 400 bottled. Tried the sour bock...very interesting. I liked it with my Polish sausage and sauerkraut. The food was good and it came in a reasonable time.

The server was very attentive, even during a very busy night.

The dessert was good too.

When I'm back in Tampa, I'm going to visit again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brandon, Florida, United States
“Great German Food (große Deutsch Lebensmittel)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very tasty food and relaxing atmosphere and reasonably priced as well. Really good beer and this comes from someone who rarely drinks beer. It is a great place for family or just the two of you. Went for late lunch with my hubby, son and his girlfriend. Be sure to have the potato pancakes as an appetizer. Quite yummy. However, no doubt everything you order will be excellent.

• Visited January 2013