“Convenient, large room space, friendly/effective staff, good prices with perks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens/USF

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn and Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens/USF to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens/USF
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3001 University Center Drive, Tampa, FL 33612 (Formerly All Suites Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #86 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Recently, I visited friends in the Tampa, FL area. There were many hotels where I could stay. Baymont provided me the room space (2 beds with balcony to the outside views - not for sitting on, but I could open the sliding doors and enjoy the fresh air and view of trees). Also, because this is an All Suites Hotel, the sitting room had a table, large sofa, microwave and large refrigerator within it. Plus there was room to enjoy the sitting room area in privacy w/o waking anyone who might be on the travel trip and sleeping in the bedroom. Also, the bedroom has a sink within the bedroom area which is nice in the event the bathroom is occupied and one wants a drink of water or to freshen up.

I didn't have time to enjoy the breakfast. I heard others say it was good.

There is a shuttle to Busch Gardens. Although I didn't travel there, I passed it (very close to Baymont) on my way to/from the Tampa Airport.

If one is looking for a Luxury SPA Resort Hotel, any traveller knows one must look for that specific type of hotel and be willing to pay the price for the Luxury category. Baymont is a hotel that is business traveller friendly, family friendly and solo traveller friendly. Also, it's in a location that is safe.

Jenny, the Front Desk Manager, is available and willing to chat with anyone who has questions about the area or the hotel. She listens and provides feedback so that the traveller can make the best choice possible.

I had some packages shipped to me prior to my arrival and they were in my room when I arrived. This was a nice perk knowing they would be received and safe until I arrived.

I've read the reviews about that had cons listed. So, what would mine be about this property. I have none from my stay. Many of the rooms overlook a really nice pool and bar area so if one is wanting to not hear pool "fun" while sleeping you might ask what it's like when the hotel is sold out. Do they have an hour of the night that the pool closes?

I hope this helps and I highly recommend you contact Jenny at this hotel if you have any questions you can't get answered on the Trip Advisor site. Yes, she is an employee and yes she will listen and help you.

Ciao!

Room Tip: In my review I mentioned you may want to ask about rooms overlooking the pool and potential pool sou...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel was interesting. Looked like one of those hotels you see in scary movies but not exactly in a bad way or at least it's not as bad as that sounds. The rooms weren't the best but weren't so bad that our stay was miserable. If that was the hotel for my actual vacation I would be unhappy but we just stayed here in transit to go on a cruise.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

First off, this is my first hotel review I'm writing. I never really have anything bad to write for my stays are hotels. But this stay was so horrible that I need to take my time in writing the following. I hope you read this and do stay away from this poorly-called establishment.

My good friend Carlo and I went down to visit Tampa just to get away from the cold of NYC/NJ and work. We stayed at this hotel because it was fairly inexpensive and extremely close to Busch Gardens. The check-in to our two queen bed non-smoking room was easy and fast. The front desk help was very courteous.

The room is very comfortable and big, but there was this smoker's stink to it. I went down to check if it was a non-smoking room and they confirmed it was. To make sure our stay was satisfying, the front desk changed our room to a non-smoke smelling room. There are many restaurants and food stores near by to order in or go take-out.

At our first night, my friend got bitten a few times. First, I thought it was a mosquito bite but it wasn't at random spots but it was in a row. We went to a nearby CVS pharmacy because it was itchy but the pharmacist even said it's not a mosquito bite but most probable that they're flea/tick/bedbug bites. We bought some medicine and one of the bug sprays to spray around the bed and on the floors throughout our room. We did go to the front desk and showed the bites on arms and face. We were told that the report would be forwarded to the manager but even to this date, we still haven't heard from them. We were given another room. The next day, we saw people who were cleaning our previous room with "chemicals."

Unfortunately, my friend still got bitten that night again.. yes, that's right.. in a different room. Since we were only staying three nights we slept fully clothed. My friend had to leave early when work back at home called. I stayed at the hotel for my last night, but I got bitten. In the morning during check-out, I was very furious and went to the front desk to make a formal complaint. I did but the manager wasn't there AGAIN. The lady at the front desk told me that she would have comped our rooms if it wasn't booked through a 3rd party, HOTELS.COM. She did tell me that she would have the manager call me directly with alternative compensation other than just apologies. Even to this day, I have NOT received any calls from the manager.

Only good things at this hotel were:
- the two TVs in every room; one in the entrance room where the sofa/couch was and another in the bedroom.
- the clean bathrooms with big wall mirror.
- the sliding doors in the bedroom that led to a 2x4 area as a "veranda" so you can slide your door to vent the room.
- the digital thermostat to control your heat/air.
- the microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee-maker.
- the free continental breakfast of muffins, bagels, toast, waffles, fruit, yogurt, coffee, apple juice and orange juice.

I will NOT stay at this hotel again. Will NOT recommend this hotel to friends/family. Will copy/paste my review on every review site available (yelp, google places, bing places, foursquare, etc.). Quite disappointed. If I did not have this issue with the bites and bugs, I would give this hotel a great rating and service for its value.

Room Tip: Choose another establishment.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
HD2007, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens/USF, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Hello New York Visitor,
Thank you for taking time to submit your review.
As the General Manager, I assure you that we take any reports of potential bed bugs very seriously. We always immediately have an outside party conduct an investigation of the room in question and if there is even a remote possibility of an issue, we would immediately take the room (and the surrounding rooms) out of service and have a full treatment done. The room is not placed back into sale again until another inspection by an independent company affirms it is clear. We did have an inspection done on the room that you stayed in and were told that this was not a bedbug issue. We went ahead and treated the room anyway with standard pest control, however I cannot confirm what type of insect you may have encountered since the room was cleared. I apologize for your discomfort and even more for the lack of response by our management team. I will discuss this with our Front Office Manager to make sure that we do a better job at responding to guest complaints. This is certainly not up to our standards and I appreciate your information.
trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

pros: free wifi, breakfast,shuttle service and excellent customer service.
cons:distance from busch gardens and the main avenue (busch ave).
my wife and i stayed from the 26th to the 29th dec 2011 and we were really impressed with the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and large with a king sized bed and a 'living room' with a study table.
there was free wifi and the continental breakfast was more than adequate.
we had a small issue with the a\c unit and when we called, a service repair man was there in less than 5 minutes to fix it.
from our room on the 3rd level we could see the shiekra roller coaster.
the only draw back was the distance of the hotel to busch gardens( free shuttle was provided) and to the busch avenue abt 20 mins walk.
other than that i would highly recomend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: the rooms on the 3rd floor has agood view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

If you every come within this area/ around the tampa,fla.area...PLEASE!! stay here PLEASE!!!....For not being a unexpencive inn/suite,you would think they was $300.00 a nite..They are clean out-side-the ladies/guy front desk are so nice/the maintenance guys are so helpful/the housekeepin is wonderful,too...THIS is a WONDERFUL PLACE to stay period... ...IF,I had the money;I would stay there weeks and not days.....LOOK OUT THEY WILL SPOIL YOU with their kindness

Room Tip: THIS IS A NO.1/place to stay
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Want to stay near Busch Gardens? Stay in the parking lot rather than stay here. Called the night before to confirm reservation and request a two double bed room. No problem. Arrived at 1 PM to check room (was raining). No two double bed rooms ready, but made sure I had a two double bed room. Arrived at 7pm. Was told there were no two double bed room available and there was no one who could help me. Pull out bed in the 1 king room had a piece of foam with a sheet on it. No bedding. No pillow. No blanket. TV in front of the pull out could not access the lodgenet system.

Room Tip: Thermostat clicks loudly all night.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HD2007, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens/USF, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Hello HootieCane,
I am so sorry to hear about the very poor service you received when you stayed with us. We generally assign room types upon check-in (never in advance) based on availability, UNLESS you have guaranteed a specific room type by booking directly through the Baymont website. Our staff is always empowered to help guests as much as they can, however if we are sold out of a specific room type, then there truly is no way that our front desk could have changed that.
As far as the sofabed goes, there certainly should have been a mattress on that…not just a piece of foam. I am concerned that we are in the middle of replacing that piece of furniture and may have missed marking it on our inventory properly. The only way to know for certain if for you to contact me with the room number so that I can personally check our computer. I would also need this information to check the lodgenet as that should be working in all areas. I know I am asking a lot, but if you could call me with that information, I can move forward to make sure we fix those items. I look forward to hearing from you.
RM
Perrysburg, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I was pretty frustrated with my experience at what supposedly is a 2.5 star hotel?! I expect much better from Baymont. The room was huge (a suite in fact) but so run down--toilet paper holder coming out from a gaping hole in the wall, bugs running along the wall in the bedroom (large beetle-type bugs) and very old linens. Heat and AC were cranky and hard to adjust. When I asked if I could change rooms I was told they were all booked up, which seemed hard to believe. The staff was quite rude when I called to see what was going on with the Internet service, which stopped working entirely late at night and was never fixed. Since I was in the middle of sending work emails, this was extremely inconvenient for me. I contacted the manager about these problems and received no response whatsoever. Totally unprofessional and disappointing service. I did appreciate the good selection of fruit at breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Perrysburg,
I appreciate that you took time to submit your review and must tell you that I am particularly concerned that you reached out to a manager and did not receive a response. None of the problems that you described are acceptable and certainly do not meet the standards that we strive for. We continuously monitor for bugs (always an issue in Florida) and are on a preventative treatment program that should handle the issue. I am totally unfamiliar with the toilet paper holder situation and need more information to investigate and resolve that. If you are willing to contact me, personally, with your name, date of stay, and room number, that would help tremendously in our resolution of that issue. My thanks.
RM

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens/USF? Share your experiences!