“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Kansas City
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Me and my family stayed here for 5 nights was in town on a business trip. Our room accomodations were great. The room was clean and we also had an adjouring room with our room which was just perfect for my 14 yr old daughter. Everyone who works their the clerks and maids are just wonderful people. It was just great how well the maids kept the room and hotel clean. It was very nice to step out of your room into the hallway every morning and smell the fresh and clean scent in the air in the hallway and on the elevator. My wife got hooked on the lemon water that was provided everyday and night. The continental breakfast was also nice. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

palmas2013, Manager at BEST WESTERN Tampa, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
On behalf of my staff and my self I like to say thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay It was a great pleasure to read that you had a most enjoyable stay our comfortable rooms, our friendly staff and our breakfast buffet. Thank you again for posting your feedback and recommendation of our Hotel We hope next time you visit Tampa you choose to stay with us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Excellent location, this BW is at the hub of all things Tampa. Super value, and friendly service from the staff. I only stay at Best Westerns, and have extensive domestic travel experience. This is the lowest quality Best Western I have ever stayed in. My first room had bugs in the sink, dirty men's navy blue bikini brief underwear hanging on the ironing board, and had a blood stained bed-skirt. The management was quick to move my room and swiftly reprimand the cleaning crew. He credited me a night, and seemingly did all the right things, but it shouldn't have happened in the FIRST place. The salt in the wound is that the manager quickly dismissed my concern about the bugs (I snapped a pic and showed him), calling then "sugar ants," and blamed people bringing food into the rooms. Upon a quick Google search, I'm pretty sure they are nymph cockroaches. You decide (pics below). This hotel has so much potential, and I am confident with the right moves it can be an establishment that guests will return to again and again. Until then, have fun with the dirty funderwear, biohazardous bed linens, and "sugar ants...." because I sure as sugar won't be back.

Room Tip: Stay on the second or third floor as the first floor has cockroaches. Or maybe stay somewhere else?
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
palmas2013, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Tampa, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Tracy thank you for writing a review after your stay at our Hotel in Tampa your feed back is always welcome on behalf of my self and my staff I like to first apologize for the incident in your room and re-assure that incident wich you encounter has never happen at our hotel and it has was corrected immediately we hope the next time you stay in Tampa you give us a another chance to make it right for you
Ft Myers, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was my 2nd time staying here and was once again happy I did. The rooms are clean, the bed was comfortable, staff is very nice, the pool is clean & well kept. It's close to Yankees Spring Training Stadium & Raymond James Stadium, to name a few places of interest. They don't charge add on fees. The price your quoted plus tax is it & the Wifi worked well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

palmas2013, Manager at BEST WESTERN Tampa, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your really nice words and your feedback after your stay at Hotel Best Western Tampa . We are delighted to hear that you experienced an enjoyable stay and that the hotel amenities exceeded your expectations. Thank you also for mentioning our friendly staff, we will pass on your compliments to them. We hope to welcome you again, next time you visit Tampa. Best regards to you and Family
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Best Western on Dale Mabry has done it! We stayed in a room that has water all over the floor closest to the window do to the ac leaking. We got in late thinking the smell in the room might have been from it being vacant for a while so we needed to let the air cool it off. But no the unit was bad which caused mold in the carpet. They decided to switch us to another room when we only had about 10 hrs left to stay in the room after 2 nights of being there! I called and talked to management and left a letter and after three weeks still no response from them. Overall ok for the money but not worth the headache! !!! Especially with a one and two year old!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
palmas2013, Manager at BEST WESTERN Tampa, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
thank you for taking the time for sharing your concerns on be half of my self and my staff let me apologize for any inconvenience you may have encounter I can reassure that we do-not rent rooms with wet carpets , my staff and I strive to provide superior customer service as well as provide acceptable solutions to problems with any of our guest rooms , we hope next time you visit Tampa you give us a chance to make it right for you and your family
Cocoa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

stayed here twice and both times had good experience. Both times however, the room safe needed for the battery in safe to be replaced. Think the batteries should be replace once a month regardless. The staff was great.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We just needed an overnight room before heading to Orlando. The hotel staff were friendly and gave good recommendations for restaurants in the area. Breakfast was okay - not too many selections. Still good value.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Valencia, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I spent 5 nights in this hotel during a work trip. The hotel only has double bedrooms, and the price is the same for one or two people. A continental breakfast is already included in the price. I was alone in a double bedroom in the third floor with a king-size bed.

I will start with the pros:
The price is very good compared with other hotels in the city. Is is also very convenient to have the breakfast in the hotel (especially if it is included in the price). The clean service is quite good, I have no complaint. The bed is quite comfortable.

And now the cons:
The worse for me was the bad smell of the room. I don't know where it come from, but I didn't like it at all. It is not nice to arrive to your room and feel this disgusting smell. The breakfast was too simple. The decoration of the hotel is quite outdated. The hotel is quite far away from the city center, although it is possible to take a bus in case you don't have a car.

In conclusion, even though it was not all bad, if I come back to Tampa I will look for another place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
palmas2013, Manager at BEST WESTERN Tampa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
first let me say thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing we appreciate your kind words and we are glad to hear that you found our hotel to be clean as well as our beds been very comfortable we are currently adding new up grades to our hotel, I am sorry to hear that you experience a bad smell in your room our staff was never notified in order to give us an opportunity to correct the problem as far as breakfast we are the only hotel within a 10 miles radious that offers a free breakfast that consisting of eggs hot waffles bagels fruit yogurt etc.. our in located in the heart of Tampa only 5 miles from convention center port of Tampa and Forum again let us know if there is anything else we can do in the future to help you make your more enjoyable