“Happy Enough to Stay Twice” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #78 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Belvidere, Illinois, Usa
“Happy Enough to Stay Twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Staff was courteous and hard working. Breakfast was good - used the laundry facilities too. I stayed two nights in Tampa and then went to Orlando and then returned here again and stayed another 3 nights. I was very happy here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

palmas2013, Manager at BEST WESTERN Tampa, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
thankyou so much i am so pleased hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel!...
on behalf on my staff and my self i like to say thankyou for your kind and sincere words we look forward to been your hotel of choice next time you visit Tampa.

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here for three nights and were extremely impressed by the great staff at this Best Western. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us, gave us great recommendations for restaurants and bars in the nearby area, and were friendly. Would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a comfortable stay at a great price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We got a good price on a room with two queen-sized beds, but they couldn't provide any accommodation for an extra child (no rollaway bed). The beds were comfortable, but there was an obvious water stain on the carpeting outside the bathroom, and the carpeting smelled of mildew. The continental breakfast was fine, although they were a bit slow restocking the supplies, and the waffle batter was more like water (and didn't work), until they finally added new batter. This place was acceptable for an overnight stay - decently quiet, comfortable beds, etc. - but the mildew smell suggests that they don't really pay attention to the state of the rooms. In other words, "average" encapsulates well the rating I would give.

Spokane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I rec'd a call from someone claiming they were from Best Western regarding my credit card declining. She didn't speak English that well and she handed the phone to the GM name George. George had mentioned that they were trying to authorize my credit card at 11am and it was declining. I thought this was a scam and he said that I needed to give another credit card and I refuse to give a credit card over the phone again and he threaten me that they were going to cancel my reservation or if I didn't show up by 4pm my two reservation was going to cancel! I was upset and I told him that a credit card was to guarantee my reservation but he said they needed to authorize my card cause it was there policy. I had hung up on George and I called back. It was George who answered the phone and it was definitely the GM that I was talking too. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!
I asked George if they were the one that called me and he said it was. The beginning of booking the reservation I felt wiered about staying at this hotel but it was so close to my friends house. The person that took my reservation had enter the wrong credit card number in the first place. Then I get a threat about my credit card declining from the GM. I gave him the same credit card and it went through!
Then when I checked in around 8pm, went to the room it was a NASTY MILDEW SMELL! The remote didn't work in the room so I called the front desk and she didn't speak English that well too! She said I had to go down and pick one up at the front desk cause she was the only one on duty. Management knew it was going to be a busy night on New Year Eve and they had one employee working!
Again, this is the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT I'VE EXPERIENCE IN 2013! PLEASE CHANGE THE MANAGEMENT!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
palmas2013, Manager at BEST WESTERN Tampa, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Firstly we would like to apologize for the inconvience and disappointment that you experienced during your recent visit to our hotel, regarding the reason why we call guest during sold out nights and special holidays it's to protect guest reservations and garanteed their rooms at arrival time, unffortanetly some times guest credit cards are declined and do to company policy we are required to cancell reservations if the credit card is not valid, This is a courtesy that we extend to all our guests in order to provide superior customer service and re-assurre them that they will have a room at our hotel. . I have been a GM for well over 8 years at this property and can re-assure that we strive to provide excellent customer service as well as a safe enviroment to all of our guest.....
Fort Mcmurray
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night while passing through Tampa. The staff was helpful and the hotel was quiet. It was a great place for anyone, even those with kids. The parking lot is very small and we had a hard time finding a parking space after we went out to eat, but everything else was great!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

palmas2013, Manager at BEST WESTERN Tampa, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Good day on behalf of my staff and my self i would like to take this opportunity to say thankyou for taking the time to lets us know how your stay we appreciate all your kind words.. we at bestwestern pride ourselves in providing superior customer service and as allways we look forward to been your hotel of choice the next time you visit the tampa bay area..
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed here this past weekend on business and it was the perfect hotel. I did not use the gym but the equipment looked brand new and just enough for what you would need for a good work out. They have a breakfast area and I'm sure they do a continental breakfast (I didn't eat breakfast) and there is also an I Hop next door. The staff was very helpful but they should do a better job of NOT revealing someone's room number when other guests are in the lobby. The coffee pot in the room was a plus. For a busy weekend the hotel was nice and quiet. If I have business in the Tampa area I will definitely be back..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Best Western Tampa is a great small hotel centrally located. The staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms provide exactly what you need. I especially found it nice to have a place for your cosmetics, etc in the bathrooms--not available in all hotels. The hotel provides a good free breakfast and wi-fi.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Tampa? Share your experiences!