“Review” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida, Usa
“Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Good service, from a pleasant polite staff. My only complaints are that several of the T.V. stations had only a blue screen, including the T.V. station that the T.V. reverted to when turned on. Also none of the exercise machines in the gym were fully functional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Summerville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here for one night prior to heading to another hotel to stay on my trip. The check in was good, woman at the desk were friendly and nice. I didn't like the distinct smell which was trying to cover the smoke smell. I noticed it in the hallways not so much the room itself. The linens were clean but the bed was not so comfortable and I have stayed at plenty of other best westerns. Bathroom was clean and the overall room was.
There are plenty of places to eat all around the area which was good because I did not have to go far. I did not have the Breakfast in the morning, my choice.
Overall its was an "average" stay and if it was for only one night I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Wilkes-barre, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight before our Cruise. The room was well worth the price. it was a handicapped room that we did not request but when checking in the Desk Clerk realized my wife has some limitation and assigned us a room that met all our needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Plain, ordinary Best Western. Not near anywhere. A bit old and smelly and tired. A few minor problems, not worth complaining about, but irritating nonetheless.

They charged the wrong credit card, added items to the bill. But overall, if u just need a room to sleep in, it was okay.

• Stayed January 2013
Durham, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The first time we stayed was New Year's '08/9 for a visit with family between ankle surgeries. The Bowl game had the SC Gamecocks also booked for this location & our stay was still relatively quiet even with the celebrations of football & New Year's parties. We were impressed and hoped to return soon. When we stayed again over Xmas '12, we were disappointed that the chain had discontinued its pet-friendly status in March '10. I called to explain that we were repeat guests and asked nicely if we could still bring the same dog. The manager was willing to waive the new policy for us and we had a very pleasant, uneventful experience again. Even though we no longer travel with a wheelchair, we still needed amenities for handicap accommodation, and they were in good working order and completely legal, unlike many of the chains we have used in recent years. I cannot count the number of places that assign guests to upper floors, without handheld shower wands or reasonably placed rails! I LOVE Best Western and would heartily recommend them to anyone with a disability!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Atenas, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I needed an inexpensive room for a one night pre cruise stay. I figured "how bad can it be". BW are usually so dependable, 2-3 star. This one was a 1 star. I had reserved a two bed smoking room and they gave me a king non smoking. (Ultimately, they brought a rollaway for my adult son). I am disabled and the room was on the second floor and far from the elevator. I returned to the desk and asked for another room and was told they were full. I find it hard to believe they were already full at 4pm. They did suggest that I could hobble my way down two flights of stairs to smoke by the pool. When my son arrived later that evening, they told him that I was a troublemaker. (!!)

The room itself had an awful smell, and the window was sealed shut. The bed was akin to a rock, I got very little sleep.The TV did not work and when I reported it at checkout, I didn't even get a response. The desk clerk did thank me for staying at BW and called me by someone else's name, even though he had my paperwork in his hand..

The rate was $66 per night, I should have just spent $30. more and stayed at the Hyatt Regency closer to the pier with a complimentary shuttle. Live and learn.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.