“I've been to worse places!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #76 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“I've been to worse places!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Plain, ordinary Best Western. Not near anywhere. A bit old and smelly and tired. A few minor problems, not worth complaining about, but irritating nonetheless.

They charged the wrong credit card, added items to the bill. But overall, if u just need a room to sleep in, it was okay.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Durham, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The first time we stayed was New Year's '08/9 for a visit with family between ankle surgeries. The Bowl game had the SC Gamecocks also booked for this location & our stay was still relatively quiet even with the celebrations of football & New Year's parties. We were impressed and hoped to return soon. When we stayed again over Xmas '12, we were disappointed that the chain had discontinued its pet-friendly status in March '10. I called to explain that we were repeat guests and asked nicely if we could still bring the same dog. The manager was willing to waive the new policy for us and we had a very pleasant, uneventful experience again. Even though we no longer travel with a wheelchair, we still needed amenities for handicap accommodation, and they were in good working order and completely legal, unlike many of the chains we have used in recent years. I cannot count the number of places that assign guests to upper floors, without handheld shower wands or reasonably placed rails! I LOVE Best Western and would heartily recommend them to anyone with a disability!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Atenas, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I needed an inexpensive room for a one night pre cruise stay. I figured "how bad can it be". BW are usually so dependable, 2-3 star. This one was a 1 star. I had reserved a two bed smoking room and they gave me a king non smoking. (Ultimately, they brought a rollaway for my adult son). I am disabled and the room was on the second floor and far from the elevator. I returned to the desk and asked for another room and was told they were full. I find it hard to believe they were already full at 4pm. They did suggest that I could hobble my way down two flights of stairs to smoke by the pool. When my son arrived later that evening, they told him that I was a troublemaker. (!!)

The room itself had an awful smell, and the window was sealed shut. The bed was akin to a rock, I got very little sleep.The TV did not work and when I reported it at checkout, I didn't even get a response. The desk clerk did thank me for staying at BW and called me by someone else's name, even though he had my paperwork in his hand..

The rate was $66 per night, I should have just spent $30. more and stayed at the Hyatt Regency closer to the pier with a complimentary shuttle. Live and learn.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

the WiFi throughout the hotel is spotty at times. rooms could use a make over and a better tv selection would be nice. pool area is small but nice. free breakfeast is very good. location of property is convient. front desk staff helpful (specifically girl named monica).

• Stayed December 2012
Takoma Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Clean, quiet, nice serve-yourself breakfast. Friendly, competent, and very helpful staff. Beds hard but ok. Excellent value and easy drive to airport, downtown, major highways. Short walk to restaurants, drugstore. Hallways smelly (that's how west Florida always smells to me, inside and out, like moldy sulfur) but room smelled fresh and was very clean. TV good but few stations. It isn't a restort but a very good place to sleep, shower, and have breakfast. Would definitely stay there again if I ever have to go back to Tampa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed here the night before we went on a cruise. It was probably the worst Best Western we've ever stayed in - normally we have a great experience. This hotel smells bad. You feel like you're breathing stagnat polluted air the whole time. The windows don't open, so I don't think the place has seen any fresh air in years. On the other hand, it was affordable, had a decent continental breakfast and served our needs. I did think the hotel offered either a shuttle service to the airport or to the ship (I thought I read that before I booked), but they don't offer either. I would not have wanted to stay more than 1 night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Nice hotel as whole chain of Best Western, the rooms are very big and comfortable, but the hotel is old, a little smelly hotel, but is the oldest outdoor, nothing bad.. good breakfast and customer service... good value

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Tampa? Share your experiences!