“Good food and wine” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Torquay
“Good food and wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

On the first night we just went to the bar area and I enjoyed the wine and Bacardi, very nice indeed. The next day we went in and shared a light bite. Food tasted good and the staff were helpful. Next time I would have a full meal!

Visited December 2013

75% Recommend
Sarasota, Florida
“Last few visits not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I went recently a little past lunchtime and the service was poor. I almost walked out. The waiter finally showed up and took my order but never checked back or refilled the soda.
I ordered chicken Marsala which was always tasty but now they show plain chicken on menu and marsala is an upcharge, so I ordered the sauce as the upcharge. On my bill the sauce was a dollar more than it said on the menu and I told the waiter who was so dumb he answered with "they must have made a mistake on the menu because it rang at the price I was charged". Rather than argue over a dollar I just figured the service was poor and the waiter was stupid, and the place was just really appearing to have no management when I was there last so I have not gone back. It even looked dirty inside and showing signs of wear.
Prior, I had a few half decent lunches there but I will say the hamburger which I ordered on a prior visit was one of the worst I have eaten anywhere. I was shocked about that, being that they serve steaks and grilled items. I also do not recommend the take out drive up service because they never come out and you have to end up calling when you get there to pick up your food to see if anyone is alive and ever coming out to greet you or bring your food out. This place was better when it first opened but has gone downhill. There seems to be a reduction in people eating here as well which tells me they may not last much longer. Something is lacking. I gave a few examples but others must have some not so favorable feelings about it either. I haven't been back since July and likely won't unless a business get together takes place here.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Extremely long wait for food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

A friend and I dined here on saturday night. We got to the location at 9pm on Sat night Nov 30th. The restaurant was not very busy. Once ordering our food, we had to wait for almost an hour. The people who placed their order before us walked out when their food arrived without saying a word. My friend and I were so tired of waiting, we were putting money for our drinks on the table when our food finally arrived. The waiter came by 4 times to apoligize for the wait and said a manager would be coming to our table to talk with us. The manager never showed up. The food was above average but the long wait left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess that's why they weren't very busy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines, Iowa
“Food was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Nice and clean. we could see the cooks in the kitchen preparing the meals. We were brought the menus. Waiter took drink orders. Said he would be right back to take our orders. We waited 15 min. We just about ready to leave when he returned to take our orders. Then took some time to get the food. It was not the busy either.

Visited November 2013
Gloucestershire
“Brilliant selection for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We selected 3 starter dishes to try as much as we could eat.
Sat outside and enjoyed our time here. Staff were on the ball.
Would visit again.