“Great Property!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Great Property!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

This is a newer Embassy suites; everything is very nice and clean and the staff is friendly; although my meeting was at USF campus, I think I made the right decision at staying at this hotel instead of the Embassy that is on campus. The only thing that I did notice and although it wasn't major, their breaksfast selection seemed to be smaller than other Embassy suites I have visited.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

We checked in on a Sunday afternoon and checked out on Thursday morning. This was our first time staying at an Embassy Suites. Check in and check out were both quick and easy. The suite was very clean and comfortable and the hotel seemed to be in a very safe location even though it is near I-75. The only complaint I have about the room we were in was that the A/C was not able to keep the room cool enough. We set the temp at 68 and it felt like it was 78. For us this was not a major issue, since the room did eventually cool off and we spent most of our time out of the room during the day. Everything else in the room was great. We did request linens for the pull-out couch and housekeeping delivered them within 5 minutes. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and made-to-order omlets. The buffet was well stocked from opening to closing while we were there. The cooks were very friendly and the waitresses cleaning the tables were also friendly and helpful. We did go to the bar during the complimentary drink hour and had a couple of glasses of wine. If I had one suggestion, I would not stay near the elevators or the stairwells. Several times we used the stairwell and the heavy, fireproof door made a very loud noise every time it closed. I tried to ensure the door would not slam when we used the stairwell, but it was heavy and still made a loud noise. Again, I would ask for a room away from these areas. While we were there, one of our friends visited us for one night and the hotel staff allowed her to check in her room when she arrived at 9:30 a.m. even though check in was not until 3:00 p.m. They still only charged her for one day and were more than glad to let her check in since there was a room ready. The reason for our trip was to go to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island Waterpark. It was about a 15 minute drive depending on traffic and it was very easy since I-75 was close by. We did go to the Brandon Mall which is about 5 minutes from the hotel. Also, there are many places nearby to eat at. Overall we had a great stay and would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I came in to Embassy Suites looking for a high quality Hotel, read up on line and was pleased with what I saw. My Husband and I arrived on a Tuesday and came in to the
Check in Desk, was greeted by James House and was quickly checked in to Room 264 this was on the second floor. When we walked in the Room I was very pleased with this rooms clean appearance. But the A/C was at 72 degrees and was very stuffy warm matter of fact. we went down and told James about the room and was told that there cooling is by water and sometimes takes a while to cool, so we left and came back 3 hours later to find the room still stuffy and warm. we called , James came up and agreed and offered another room next door. this was 11:00p.m now so we loaded up all our belongings and moved to room 263 when we walked in it was a lot cooler. But the room looked like it was not keep the floor was nasty, the toilet would not flush right, no mat in the tub and it was so slippy I was scared I would fall. we tried to get through the night , and in the morning Wednesday we told James about everything and he got on the phone right then and got a maintance man (nice Guy) to come up and fix the toilet and see about the tub. Also the tv remote needed battery so he replace it.bought back a new mat for tub. also on the bed we noticed on the blanket that lays at the edge had (looked like human discharge) I left a note for housekeeping. by this time things was finnally calming down, thanks to James House. Oh yea the coach was not clean so I had to put a sheet on it to sit on it. Then on Friday I was to check in my girls coming up to another room and the Manger Jeff checked me in. We told him about the unclean room, he right then said oh no our rooms are clean and our rating is great and when I mentioned about the a/c he didn't reply I feel he knows there is need for maintance in the units.We only went down one day for breakfast, it was not good. the pancakes was tough and the sauage was hard. The eggs taste like blocks of egg beaters with no taste. To say the least I was not pleased with everything. If you visit this hotel make sure you check the a/c and surroundings before committing. The one positive thing I can say about this hotel is the staff member who helped us through problems and tried his best to correct them and His Name is James House. Could be a very nice hotel but needs upkeep.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Lexington, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

Nice clean and spacious rooms. Loved the free breakfast in the morning and free happy hour. Be sure to ask Joanne (bartender) about the drink "red panties". Pool was nice, somewhat small. Location is great just off the highway. Internet in business lounge is slow and often messed up. Told the front desk and they comped us one day of internet in the room for free (usually costs $10). Extremely comfortable beds. We got a great deal on hotwire for this hotel and loved it, even got back on hotwire and booked an additional night to extend our vacation.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
West Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

A group of 7 of us, ranging in ages 26 to 38, stayed here for a short getaway to the Seminole Hard Rock Casino. We were going to stay at the casino hotel but the rooms were WAY too expensive. I know there are hotels closer but I've always had good luck at the Embassy Suites and comparitively speaking, there was not a big price difference for the amenities offered.

Check in was quick. We paid with cash, which required an additional $20 deposit that was refunded at checkout. The atrium is clean and very modern. Our suite was just as we expected. Table and chairs, sink. coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge as well as a chair with ottoman and sleeper sofa as well as a flat screen TV. There is a good sized bathroom and a separate king size bedroom with a door for privacy. The bedroom also has a flat screen,

The manager's reception was 5:30-7:30pm offerng free drinks (yes, plural) consisting of severl brand name liquors, 3 wine choices and 2 draft beer choices. It was well worth it, nice pre-party, if you will, before going out for the evening. We had 2 people celebrating birthdays with us and the hotel staff gave them complimentary shots. Now, keeping in mind, we're not a bunch of college kids partying, we do have class and found this an added bonus. The hotel staff arranged for a mini-van taxi to pick us up and drive the 4 miles to the casino which only costed our group $20, plus a tip.

The next morning the hotel offered a breakfast buffet included in the price of the room with soda, juices and cooked to order omelets. Breakfast was from 7:30-10:30am. Another money saver as we didn't have to leave to go to breakfast. If you're a slow morning person there is a Bob Evans right across the street on 60, though.

Restaurants in the area are Hooters, Sweet Tomato's, Sonny's, McDonald's and Bob Evans, all within walking distance of the hotel.

The pool area was small and it did not appear that there was a hot tub, but we didn't check any of that out.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

Can't really fault this hotel for the beautiful rooms or the outstanding breakfast staff, or the outstanding breakfast for that matter. Great service!

We read or heard somewhere that this hotel offered, on request, a courtesy bus to Busch Gardens. This was partly the reason we chose this hotel, but this was not the case.
We were also let down by a certain member of the front desk staff, who repeatedly refused to call us a taxi from reception. We wanted to take a taxi to the Aquarium and the young lady in question said we had to call one from our room (on the 5th floor) I had to make two trips to the room because of misreading the phone number she gave us.

I'm sure this kind of service is not hotel policy but does bring into question the level of staff training. For any hotel reception staff to think it goes against company policy to call their hotel guests a taxi is just ridiculous!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Columbus, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

My hubby and I recently stayed at this hotel while on vacation. From the time we checked in until we checked out, we were treated like royalty. Every staff member that we encountered was extremely polite and helpful. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The decor of this property is very chic and modern. It was so nice it inspired my hubby and I to kick up our own house. Great location, very close to restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. The breakfast was great and the hot tub was a perfect way to spend the evenings. Our stay at this hotel set the tone for the rest of our vacation.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!