A group of 7 of us, ranging in ages 26 to 38, stayed here for a short getaway to the Seminole Hard Rock Casino. We were going to stay at the casino hotel but the rooms were WAY too expensive. I know there are hotels closer but I've always had good luck at the Embassy Suites and comparitively speaking, there was not a big price difference for the amenities offered.
Check in was quick. We paid with cash, which required an additional $20 deposit that was refunded at checkout. The atrium is clean and very modern. Our suite was just as we expected. Table and chairs, sink. coffee maker, microwave and mini fridge as well as a chair with ottoman and sleeper sofa as well as a flat screen TV. There is a good sized bathroom and a separate king size bedroom with a door for privacy. The bedroom also has a flat screen,
The manager's reception was 5:30-7:30pm offerng free drinks (yes, plural) consisting of severl brand name liquors, 3 wine choices and 2 draft beer choices. It was well worth it, nice pre-party, if you will, before going out for the evening. We had 2 people celebrating birthdays with us and the hotel staff gave them complimentary shots. Now, keeping in mind, we're not a bunch of college kids partying, we do have class and found this an added bonus. The hotel staff arranged for a mini-van taxi to pick us up and drive the 4 miles to the casino which only costed our group $20, plus a tip.
The next morning the hotel offered a breakfast buffet included in the price of the room with soda, juices and cooked to order omelets. Breakfast was from 7:30-10:30am. Another money saver as we didn't have to leave to go to breakfast. If you're a slow morning person there is a Bob Evans right across the street on 60, though.
Restaurants in the area are Hooters, Sweet Tomato's, Sonny's, McDonald's and Bob Evans, all within walking distance of the hotel.
The pool area was small and it did not appear that there was a hot tub, but we didn't check any of that out.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon Hotel
- Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon Hotel Tampa
- Embassy Suites Brandon
- Brandon Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Tampa Brandon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Tampa Brandon is just seven miles from downtown Tampa and offers easy access to Busch Gardens, Fl State Fairgrounds, University of South Florida, Tampa Convention Center, beaches, and more. Guest rooms at this all-suite hotel feature a fully-equipped kitchen, high-speed Internet access, and two televisions with HBO. The property also offers complimentary made to order breakfast and evening reception with free snacks and alcohol, outdoor pool, and fitness room. On-site dining is available at Mango’s Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.