“Great Staff...comfortable room, warm pool” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
WiFi, Breakfast and $10
Ranked #5 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville
“Great Staff...comfortable room, warm pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

My daughter and I arrived in Tampa on December 6th for a short two-night stay--we were attending a funeral. Check-in was quick and easy and parking was abundant. The hotel had bell carts; getting our luggage upstairs was easy (I prefer valets and bellmen, but this hotel was convenient and the reviews great). We used the pool shortly after check-in. It had a few bugs, but I was able to quickly and easily clean those out with the skimmer hanging nearby. The water was comfortably warm with an outside air temperature of about 65 degrees. Our room was spacious, close to the elevators (not so close as to be noisy), and clean overall. There were also plenty of towels available in the room. The bed and pillows were comfortable, but I’d love to see larger pillows (longer) with more filling choices (down, feather, synthetic). We went to the manager’s reception the first night and found a staff member (Carmen B) that went way above and beyond what I assume were her general duties. Carmen was working in the bar/restaurant area and was very welcoming, friendly, and accommodating. When my daughter said she didn’t like lemon pie (offered for free at the manager’s reception), Carmen went and got her chocolate cake. I didn’t get the other gentleman’s name, but he too was very friendly and went to find something that my daughter preferred. There was also another lady that had mostly been attending to a party with a birthday who went out of her way for all the guests. I’ve honestly never been more impressed with a group of wait staff in my life. We went to breakfast later in the morning—about 1015 on Saturday (the buffet closes at 1030 on weekends). The buffet was completely stocked with most everything you’d want from a buffet. The staff again was incredibly helpful and friendly to everyone around. A guy came in late, after the buffet had closed, and one of the ladies working there asked what he’d like. Even though the buffet was over, she went into the back and came out with a plate of what he had requested. The lady we had most contact with during breakfast was Ruth; she too was really friendly and helpful to us and everyone I saw her encounter. After breakfast, we went to the pool and found that it was again, comfortably warm; there were also plenty of towels available for our use. In addition to the great staff, this hotel had great water pressure in the shower (a seemingly small issue unless you’ve ever tried to rinse the shampoo out of your hair with drips). Also, the tub drained properly—bad tub drainage is another pet peeve of mine that seems small, but can be really annoying when you are almost knee high in soap scum filled water. Finally, the heat/air conditioning system is a unit (not a wall unit—I hate those) that is sufficiently quiet and removed from the sleeping area so as to provide a quiet and comfortable environment. One suggestion to this and many other hotels is please provide somewhere for guests to hang wet bathing suits. I don’t like to leave our suits dripping in the closet (the most convenient place for me to leave them with the hangars available and the most hygienic since they aren’t touching any shower parts), but not nice for the carpeting in the room. I don’t want to trash the carpet, but often, there are few other options. I had the do not disturb sign up, so our room did not get serviced during our short stay, so I can’t comment on housekeeping. I’m a bit of a hotel snob, but I really enjoyed my stay in this Embassy Suites.

• Stayed December 2008

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

The Embassy Suites in Brandon, FL is a new hotel so everything is clean and new. Each suite has 2 flat screen TV's, a fridge, microwave, table for 3, and a pullout sofabed. The price includes breakfast served buffet style in the restaurant. The variety was excellent and the food was very good. They even have an omlette station and cook to order. (Please remember to tip the lady who cleans the tables, we noticed many people not tipping).
You also receive a card at check-in to enjoy free drinks at the bar everyday for happy hour. That was an excellent perk and the bartender was extremely nice and helpful w/ touristy type information.
We had the pool area to ourselves the few times we used it. It was well maintained and sparkling clean.
I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — The breakfasts, the cleanliness, happy hours!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

Very nice. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The staff are wonderful. I was travelling on business and did not know they area. They were extremely helpful in helping us locate restaurants, shopping, etc.

• Liked — The rooms were extremely nice, the staff was exceptional
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

This new Embassy, tucked away in a corner of a freeway intersection, frankly doesn't have much ambiance. It is a smaller version of the typical Embassy, with the obligatory atrium, this time in a shoe-box shape--seen any prison movies lately? While the staff was nice and congenial, the hotel was dead. The "happy hour" consisted of me and one other person. A hot breakfast was offered, with an omelet station. There is a restaurant, but not once during the evening did I see one table occupied. Needless to say, dinner reservations aren't necessary! The suite was nicely appointed, but the air conditioning was hard to regulate. Set at 67 degrees, the room was still slightly warm. There is a small pool with hot tub. Overall, it is a comfortable hotel and definitely quiet, but don't expect to be in the middle of the action.

• Stayed July 2008
Dover, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

We booked this Embassy Suites based on it's tripadvisor rating, and our past history with the chain. We were greeted promptly, checked in quickly, and went right up to the room, a second floor suite right over the atrium. We went right down to the pool, and the kids enjoyed it. It is right out front, facing the front lot and bordered by a nice fence and some shrubbery. Plenty of towels, plenty of sun, but only one umbrella for the whole area. *Remember to bring your room key, it is the only way into and out of the pool area.*
I left the pool early to shower first, and I am glad I did. I jumped into the shower, and noticed many (not just one or two) coarse black curly hairs on the shower wall, tub, and shower curtain. I got out, towelled off, and called downstairs. James answered, I told him that I wanted a new room, and he came right up. He agreed that the room was not cleaned properly. By that time, the rest of the family came up, and didn't want to move. James came back up himself with rubber gloves and cleaning supplies, and cleaned the bathroom himself, then sent us to the lobby for a complementary dinner. At dinner, we met Carmen, who was a star. She was super busy, and still could not have been nicer to all of us, taking our order and fussing over us until we were through with our meals. The food was excellent, and, as I said, the service was exceptional.
After a night out, we got back to the room and found that there were no sheets on the sofabed. It was after 12 midnight at that point, and our daughter just wrapped herself up in a blanket she located in the closet.
The morning breakfast was typical ES faire, good selection, teriffic omelets, and very crowded. As we were getting ready, we did notice all kinds of additional noise......doors slamming, toilet noises from the rooms upstairs or next door, and a dull roar from the Atrium area. The noise is beyond their control, but just something to be aware of.
The housekeeper was there early, and did a fairly thorough job. Wayyyyyyyy better than the condition of the room when we originally checked in.

All in all, our stay was tainted by the condition of the room on arrival. The staff did their part, and more, but unfortunately, you only get one shot at a first impression. If back in the area, I would try another place.

• Liked — The staff was the only reason we stayed here.
  • Disliked — Room not clean, overall noise from abutting rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

This place is incredible. It's brand new and has all the newer amenities. Flat screen TV's in both bedroom and living room area. Granite counters. Beautiful bed linens and furniture. Much higher level than your usual hotel or Embassy Suites. Can't say enough good things. Immaculate housekeeping.

The location is convenient to the highway and shopping. Not too far from things. Very safe and a bunch of new hotels are all in the same area which is quiet.

The breakfast was good. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you are happy and enjoying your stay. This place has not been found by the masses yet but once it is they'll be repeat visitors.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

This was a great hotel all around. The front desk staff was very friendly. Great flat screen tv's in the rooms (but no HD programming). The pool was being renovated (3/28/08) but looks like it should be open in the next few weeks. They had it set up to use the pool at the hotel next door. Managers hour was very nice. Lots of great bars and restaurants near by and right off I-75 near the I-4 interchange.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!