“Strictly Business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
South Florida, Florida
“Strictly Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great location & venue for business overnight stay. Need a room, computer access, quick HWY access, free Wall street J, USA Today & great omelets, this is the place.
BUT - Think twice about hosting a large group function requiring overnight stays.
In-room smoking seems to be permissible - may get assigned to one without an alternative room available - yuck!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bayside, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I made my reservation online through my company website. The type of room chosen by the system was not clear so after I completed the reservation, I called the hotel to make certain I received the type of room I wanted. I had a pleasant conversation with the desk clerk for about 5 minutes. When I hung up I was confident that I was all set.

Unfortunately when I reached the hotel 6 weeks later that was not the case. The desk clerk could do nothing to help. Needless to say, I was upset. I asked to speak to the manager but was told he wouldn't be in until the next morning. i was assured he would call me. After not receiving a call back the next day, I left a note with my cell number. I returned from work and the manager was not in his office, so I left another note. I NEVER heard a word from any manager for my entire stay.

To be fair the hotel is decent and clean, the staff generally pleasant and i had one of the best omelette I've ever had. But if something goes wrong don't expect a resolution--you will be largely ignored.

Room Tip: Call multiple times to confirm your room type because once you arrive there is NO assistance.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Samantha W, Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Janine,
I am very sorry that you were never contacted during you stay. Feedback such as yours is what helps make our hotel better. Even though you had a bad experience with management I am glad that the staff was very pleasant and the you enjoyed your omelet.

Samantha
Canton, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed here while visiting his son & grand son. The room was perfect size for his son to come visit us. The breakfast was fantastic. Our t.v.'s did not work when we arrived, maintenance was very quick to fix the problem. The only negative I can give is the elevators were on one side of the bldg, our room was on the oppposite side. We will stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: End rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel from the moment we arrived. We travel almost every weekend and this hotel is one of my favorites now! The staff was friendly and courteous. The rooms were exceptionally clean and spacious. The beds were also very comfortable. When we arrived, Tampa had a boil water restriction which could have turned into a nightmare; however, the staff went out of their way giving complimentary water and making sure that everything was taken care of. Breakfast was also part of our stay and it was delicious. We are going away this weekend also and I am definitely going to find an Embassy Suites to stay in!!

Marietta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel is very convenient to I-75. Very easy access on and off. The hotel staff is fantastic. Everyone I came in contact with was very friendly. I stayed at this hotel several days while doing some work in near by Plant City and can think of no negative points about the staff of the property. The evening reception was a great way to unwind after a long day working. I can not comment about the morning breakfast as I was gone well before it opened each morning. The room was very comfortable and quiet. I was quite pleased with everything at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at the Embassy Suites for a cheerleading event at the fairgrounds this weekend. The location was perfect, the staff was friendly and very accommodating and we all loved the large suites. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. We all had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Please specify smoking or non-smoking.
Viera, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Came here for one night to share in a relative's b-day party at the hotel.
Just great having a suite with a separate living room. Excellent value for the money as the bar was open with free cocktails for several hours and the complimentary breakfast the following morning was fantastic! Staff was friendly and courteous as well. Very conveniant location as well to the interstate!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!