“Surprisingly good, plus great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
WiFi, Breakfast and $10
Ranked #7 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Washington DC
“Surprisingly good, plus great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I came here for a wedding, and a friend of mine was also staying here, so we often carpooled. The staff were extremely nice, very helpful, and even knowledgeable when I came around asking for possible running routes.

The friend I met there was a "talker." He REALLY liked chatting up the staff, other guests, probably even houseplants. I was all too happy to run, or just be alone, but he wanted to make sure he and I were buddy-buddy for the trip. He's talkative, but harmless. Meanwhile, the staff handled him with total grace, and I think were amused to no end by our odd-couple behavior. At least I had my own room at night to get some quiet!

Big shoutouts to Samantha and Darren, both of whom were terrific, and put up with my quasi-obnoxious, very talkative friend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprise with how friendly and attentive the staff was during our visit. They made you feel very comfortable and welcomed. We were always greeted with a smile. All areas of the hotel were clean. The breakfast buffett in the morning was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I selected this hotel based on reviews from TA. I was not disappointed. Everyone working on the property was committed to providing an excellent customer experience. The breakfast was exceptional and the Managers Reception was the best we have attended.
My only concern is about why the management of this hotel chose not to participate in the Double Your HHonors promotion. If Hilton goes through all of the trouble of extending an offer to their loyal customers, why do certain hotels decide they do not want to go along with the program? Is there a cost to the hotel for the extra points that they do not want to bear? It shows somewhat of a lack of solidarity in the brand when sites in the field turn up their nose at a corporate headquarters sponsored promotion.
Being able to take advantage of special offers that increases my points earning also increases my loyalty. Being shut out from the promotion can make someone feel a little cheated. If I had stayed across the street at the Hampton Inn I would have received double points. So I would say to Hilton either get everyone to play along with your ideas or don't waste my time with emails about your great promotion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DOS_Embassy, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
I'm so happy to hear you had a great time at our hotel. Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We hope to see you again soon!
Emily
Conway, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was in the Brandon-Tampa area for work at the fairgrounds. This hotel was recommended by the show at the fairgrounds so i booked 10 days. It was beyond my expectations. The staff was wonderful and very welcoming. Candace Bassett was a great person behind the desk. She always had a smile and even recycled my loads of cardboard boxes so I wouldn't have to take them back home (I can't throw things away that can be recycled). The hotel offered recycling as well which is a plus. The exercise facility was nice with free weights, treadmills and elliptical machines. The free breakfast offered is beyond any hotel I have seen. They had great fresh fruit that changed each day, crock pot oatmeal & made to order omelets just to name a few items. The breakfast staff was also wonderful and remembered me each morning. The locaton was close to I-75, downtown Tampa, the fairgrounds & the mall. I will stay at this hotel again when I visit the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Old England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Embassy Suites is set amongst several other hotels of a similar size on the eastern side of Tampa, close to the junction if I75 and the busy State Route 60. Despite the close proximity of these busy roads, the hotel is quiet and an ideal place to stay between Tampa and Orlando. It is a 5 story building with a central atrium extending floor to roof, with all rooms located off external corridors within the Atrium. The pool and jacuzzi are well maintained and make a welcome attraction after a busy day. As well as several conference facilities, the hotel offers a bar and a restaurant for evenings as well as a well equipped business centre. The 'free' breakfasts are superb and probably the best that we have encountered after 30 years touring across America. The rooms are suites, with a lounge/ workroom set apart from the bedroom. The staff are friendly and were able to offer assistance when we were having problems involving flights.
A hotel to be recommended

Room Tip: A high room facing away from the roads provide a peaceful nights rest
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels... Just as much for personal travel as for business. I stayed here for two nights over Christmas and was amazed by the level of customer service. Everyone I ran into was friendly and attentive, and cared about their guests' stay. It was a nice change from the horrific customer service that I've been experiencing at Marriott recently, the hotel itself is your average ES, but the customer service sets itself apart from the competition!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Newburgh, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed at this location before but I noticed more this time. The managers reception is always appreciated, they were a little light on the snacks but the drinks were cold and free flowing. The breakfast didn't disappoint either, one of the reasons I like Embassy's. The room was comfortable and the maid service top notch (they fullfilled a request or two).
I did lose a power cord, called the hotel a few days later but they didn't get back to me.

Room Tip: I like the ground floor for convenience, you can't hear upstairs and there are no elevators to w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!