“Nice hotel, a ways out from Tampa” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
WiFi, Breakfast and $10
Ranked #5 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice hotel, a ways out from Tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This hotel was one of the only hotels available near Tampa due to a large conference downtown which I was attending. The hotel is a scaled down Embassy, but a nice overall property. I'd recommend it more as a stop over point for trips on I-75 or business in the Brandon area, but it wouldn't be my first choice for business in Tampa as the traffic can be tough on the freeways and the surface street route is miles of traffic lights and more traffic. There is a crosstown expressway that probably shortens the commute but it is tolled (non-cash) so I'm not sure how non-residents use it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay at the Embassy Suites! We truly appreciate your feedback and I would have to agree that we are an ideal location for anyone traveling on 75. The traffic doesn't tend to be too bad unless your heading North on 75 when everyone is heading to work. Thank you again for your stay and we hope to see you the next time you are traveling through!

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Jacksonville, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

First let me say that my family stayed in this hotel on May 4th 2012. Upon Check-in I was greeted by Courtney and she seemed nice. She handed me a room key and to the room we went. When I opened the door a heatwave hit me. NO AC! I went to the control and it was covered in grease and showed to be on. I've been in buidling management/maintenance for 10 plus years so I know what I'm looking at. As I look around I see that every piece of furnature is beat-up and the carpet has countless stains. So I go back to the front desk and upon telling Courtney my problem she says to me " Are your giving me Attitude?". I back off from clocking this idiot in hopes that she'll make things OK! She then sends my family to a single king room on the 4th. So back down I go. She then sends me back up on the 5th floor to a smoking room (NASTY!). So back down i go. By this time I've asked to see a manager no less than twice, to no avail. I take a business card for the Asst. Manager (Ari Hartung) and call every number on it. She has - untill this day- not returned my calls. So after going to the 4th room, only to find the ac cooling the room to 75, I gave up. This hotel does not deserve the name Embassy Suites!! A suggestion is to fire all the staff, gut the place and send the new trainees to Little Rock to see how an ES should be ran... Oh the breakfast was nice... The hotel should read Waste Management out front!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
EmbassyAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay, I am so sorry to hear about the less than satisfactory experience at our hotel. I would also like to sincerely apologize, although I have never received a voicemail regarding your stay and can assure you I would have addressed the issue right away. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure we address the issues you spoke of right away.

Grand Ledge, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Excellent service. Marissa the bartender is super friendly and my favorite!The room staff always had my room nice and clean. Great breakfast, the guy who makes the omelets is super nice.
I LOVE the Managers Reception. I will be back!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay at the Embassy Suites! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to personally commend Marissa on her great customer service at the bar! She is truly an asset to the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future to enjoy our accomodations and join Marissa at the Manager's Reception!

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The place was clean and seemed to be like Embassy Suites but in a smaller version. We are used to staying at ES in downtown Chicago, Busch Gardens Tampa etc so this one was small in comparison. The rooms seem to be the same size etc. The beds were comfortable etc. It is close to shopping and restaraunts. Cons: It was a little confusing the 1st time to get to it, it sits right on side of expressway but you actually have to go about a block past it then turn down another road, then turn on to a 2nd road to get to it.There was no one there waiting to take your luggage up, I checked in before we unloaded our vehicle, the clerk did not ask if I needed help, as I pulled the cart by the check in area, still no assistance offered. I am an older female & was traveling with my daughter & 3 granddaughters. We stayed 3 days 2 nights, never saw a bellman the whole time. Comparing it to larger ES the breakfast was significantly smaller. Yes, they had to cooked to order omelets but the over all selection was very small. We also had the meat line stopped several times waiting for potatoes & meats to be replenished. The evening reception I went to 1 time had a bowl of potato salad, a bowl of cole slaw & a bowl of chexmix, the drinks were fountain drinks. No safes in the rooms, and the ones they had were in a small office behind the check in desk, just barely big enough to put a checkbook & a few credit cards in, forget trying to lock up a laptop or kindle.

Room Tip: Read the reviews before we went on other sites. If you want to be able to sleep, ask for a room not...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your most recent stay at the Embass Suites Tampa/Brandon. We truly appreicate your business as well as your feedback! We do sincerely apologize that we didn't have bellman service although, anyone on staff is always welcome to assit with any guest needs. I know that is a nice perk to have assistance when traveling with a family.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future!

Walden, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Very nice embassy suites. Smaller than most but the staff makes up for Amy size shortcomings. Great job.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay at the Embassy Suites Tampa/Branond. We truly appreciate your business. You are correct we are the baby compared to most Embassy Suites, but we try to make up for it with our "home away from home" service! Come back and see us again soon!

Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

My small family of three stayed here for one night before our recent cruise out of Tampa. We were greeted by a clean, lovely smelling hotel complete with professional and pleasant staff. We were treated very respectfully and like GOLD! The rooms were very nice and comfortable ... Quaint, actually like little cottage feeling.

We were fortunate enough to make it in time for the beverage cocktail hour, a complimentary service by Hilton with light snacks. We had a lovely pizza there too which was great. The waitress was very sweet, as was ALL staff.

Buffet, complimentary breakfast was amazing as always. Thank you Embassy Tampa/Brandon for an amazing experience. We will absolutely return. The hotel manager is obviously doing something right because these people are on top of their game!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your most recent stay at the Embassy Tampa/Brandon. We truly appreciate your business and are very delighted to hear you enjoyed the accomdations and the service we pride ourselves on. We hope to see you again in the NEAR future!

Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

First, the good: never stayed at an Embassy Suites & was talked into booking a one-night stay by my husband, as he had previous great experience at another ES. We needed one night prior to our flight home, chose this hotel based on previous good reviews. What we liked: 2 very large rooms, plus 2 t.v.s, doors could be shut so I could sleep while hubby watched t.v. Very quiet, (room 489). Great shampoo/soaps, etc., beautiful bathrooms, very large; mini fridge & microwave. Beds super-comfortable - great pillows. The bad: Upon check-in, we were told breakfast buffet was until 10:30am - my husband and I even commented to the receptionist that we could sleep in on our last day of vacation...well, we show up at 9:45 and breakfast had been stopped at 9:30am. We were pretty upset, but a hotel employee (may have been a day manager?) got us some eggs, muffins, milk, & fruit. I just don't believe there is any excuse for the information that was given to us, especially since we commented in front of the receptionist how nice it was that the buffet stayed open so late. The pool is also very small. The ugly: Stains, stains and more stains. Also, there was a terrible odor in our room, smelled like strong cleaning chemicals-stopped at front desk on way out (about 15 mins after check-in) & was told housekeeping would go up & spray air freshener. When we returned about 3 hrs later, the smell was still there, and we found a very small can of deodorizing spray, which we sprayed all around the rooms (it helped greatly). Stains (grayish/black) on the shower curtain (very obvious), red stains on sheer window curtains (possibly nail polish?) and also, faded stains on inside of comforter. Inexcusable. Would never stay at this Embassy Suites again, and would be wary of staying at another ES.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your most recent stay at the Embassy Suites. I would like to sincerely, apologize for the less than satisfactory experience. I would like to let you know that this isn't a regular occurence at the hotel and will ensure we follow up with the individuals repsonsible for the cleanliness of your room, as well as the receptionist that miscommunicated the breakfast hours. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us another shot.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!