“What a pleasant surprise, will stay again” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2x HHonors Points
Ranked #11 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Maryland suburbs of DC
“What a pleasant surprise, will stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

It's rare to say that a hotel can be a lifesaver, but in this case it's true! My sister and I were in town for a stressful family reason. We'd booked at a different hotel, and found it uncomfortable, so I "Pricelined" us a room and they sent us to the Embassy Suites. We had a beautiful suite, including a separate living room. This enabled us to really relax-- after a hard day, we could sprawl in the living room and crack a bottle of wine (actually the nice folks in the bar were kind enough to open it for us!), rent a recent release movie and de-stress. The beds were comfortable, and I even used the sofa bed when my sister snored :-), and it was pretty good as sofa beds go--but such a joy to escape snoring! (I do love my sister, and it was only a problem for one night!).

Rooms have a microwave and mini-fridge, you can live in this place! Perfect for family travel, worth it to pay a bit more than for a standard hotel room.

The next morning, we noticed breakfast-- I wasn't sure it was complimentary and asked, pleased to hear it was. And what a breakfast! One morning we enjoyed fresh omelets to order, the next day I indulged in my favorite Belgian waffles. Sides of fresh fruit, bacon, etc, were great. Unbelievable free breakfast.

Our only downside was a leak that dampened the carpet outside our bath- notified them twice. Didn't impact our visit but I can envision a future problem, especially for the room beneath!

We were visiting family in Brandon, so for us the location was perfect. For those visiting the Tampa area, it's a bit east of main attractions but not bad for day trips to either Orlando or the gulf beaches, and downtown Tampa. Relatively convenient to Busch Gardens.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
EmbassyAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay at the Embassy Suites Tampa/Brandon. We truly appreciate your business as well as, your feedback. I am so glad we were able to help you relax during your stressful family events and I am glad you were able to join us during breakfast to enjoy those wonderful waffles!

Please come back and see us again in the future!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Fort Myers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel was one of the best Embassy Suites I've ever stayed in, and I've been to more than two dozen across the country.

There were two minor issues... the internet access, which is available for $9.99, was unusably slow. I called the 800 number given and was unable to get support. The front desk quickly reversed the charges the next day, which was just fine with me. I wasn't able to get work done that night, but I probably needed the sleep anyway.

The other issue was the late start for breakfast on Sundays. The line for breakfast at 7:30 a.m. meant we had to stay a little later than we had hoped.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this location again in the future. Much better than some of the other locations in the Tampa Bay area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
EmbassyAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give a review about our hotel, we truly appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry to hear you experienced issues with your internet throughout your stay. I would like to reassure we are aware of the issue and are currently in stage two of our upgrade. So we hope that it is completed soon to meet the needs of our guests.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we hope to see you again when you are in the Tampa area!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Excellent property conveniently located near Tampa just off I-75!

Hot breakfast and Manager's Reception included, Clean, Clean, quiet and comfortable!

Room Tip: Convenient to food establishments, upscale shopping and movie theater. Got a great deal on this p...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
EmbassyAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give a review about our hotel!

I am glad to hear you like our covenient location right off of I75 and the complimentary cooked to order breakfast is always a hit.

If you are in Tampa again we hope to see you!
tampa bay, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

From the moment we checked in the staff went over the top to make us feel welcome. NIck and Courtney at the front desk in particular and Marissa at the bar. Top notch staff! It makes a big difference.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
EmbassyAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy Tampa, we truly appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor! I am glad the staff was able to make the hotel feel like home and I will definitely commend Nick, Kourtney and Marissa on providing excellent service to our guests!

Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Check in was seemless! Room was large and very clean. Loved the two room suite. Bathroom was clean which is always a good thing! The bed was very comfy. Had two drinks at the nightly cocktail reception (complimentary) before attending a dinner meeting. Snacks were light just some peanuts and chex mix. Something with alittle more substance would've been appreciated. Room was quiet and slept very well. The morning breakfast was probably one of the best I've had. Made to order eggs which you don't see often. Plenty of other options including pancakes, bacon, sausage, muffins, biscuits, bagels, yogurt, oatmeal, fresh fruit etc. You won't leave breakfast hungry. The coffee was tasty and a good size cup which you don't see often. I used the business center only to print out my boarding pass and I agree the internet was slow, but honestly I have yet to go to any hotel and use their internet and have it be lightening fast. So it was expected. If I'm in the area for business again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites during your most recent business trip! I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and our spacious 2 room suite. I would also like to let you know we are in stage 2 of our internet upgrade so hopefully the internet will become quicker by your next trip to the Embassy!

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review!

hmseminole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is a great hotel. I rate it a 5 because the staff is outstanding. The rooms are well appointed, clean and the bed is extremely comfortable. The breakfast is fast, fresh and delicious. I have stayed at many Embassy Suite properties, but this one far out shines the rest.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
EmbassyAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing the Embassy Suites Tampa! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and I will make sure to share that with the team. Thank you as well for taking the time to review the hotel, we truly appreciate your feedback.

We hope to see you again!

Toledo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this Embassy Suites. The rooms are nice and large, the beds are comfortable and the pool and hot tub very inviting. The breakfast buffet is tasty with made to order omletts. They pretty much stopped replacing food at 9 even though it is open until 9:30 so that was a negative.
Also the evening reception snacks were not much. Just a bowl of pretzels and crackers.
Overall though the staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms excellent
I appreciate the fact that they have smoking rooms.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to give a review about our hotel!

I would like to apologize for your breakfast experience ending early, but I am glad you enjoyed the tasty cooked to order omlettes. I will make sure to touch base with the chef as we pride ourselves on exceeding guest expectations and I would hate to have this happen again. I hope you had a great rest of your trip and we hope to see you again soon!

Assistant General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!