“Enjoyed 4 days - Expedia Special Rate” 4 of 5 stars

WiFi, Breakfast and $10
Ranked #7 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alberta
“Enjoyed 4 days - Expedia Special Rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Great offseason rate for 4 nights thru Expedia - hotel not named. In a newer eastern suburb of Tampa with good freeway access to other parts of Tampa & St Petersburg
Lots of restaurant and shopping options in area.

Embassy Suites breakfast buffet is well done - nice to see staff smiling and engaging guests (unlike Fort Lauderdale - 17 Street facility). The business centre has free email and internet service (not noted until last day).
Caution for light sleepers - the discounted rooms are on the highway side.
Bed getting softer - better in Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Booked discounted rate for 1 night and added 3 more after identifying facility. Expedia updated res...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
General_ManagerEMB, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

That is great you took advantage of the Expedia deal and Thank you for recognizing our breakfast team's service, they take a lot of pride in being friendly!

Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Ryan Frederick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

The family and I traveled with some friends and stayed at the Embassy Suites Brandon one night before we boarded our cruise. I was trying to decide between this Embassy and one close to the port. Fortunately we choose the this hotel.

I have Hilton Gold status and travel a fair amount. This is a relative small Embassy, 4 floors I think. But do not let the size of the hotel fool you. This had to be the best Embassy I have ever had the pleasure of staying.

First, the staff was very friendly and check in was smooth. As I always do when staying at the Embassy, I visited the evening reception. They had the normal snacks (chips, salsa, goldfish, etc.). Had a beer served in an actual beer glass, very nice touch.

The public areas in the hotel are large a comfortable. Everything was clean and well maintained. I didn't swim in the pool, but it looked nice, as were the workout facilities.

The room itself was nice. Your typical Embassy room configuration. The rooms were very clean with a comfortable bed and sofa. I am not sure how old the hotel is, but it must be new.

Breakfast was good. Again the normal Embassy breakfast, omelet station, bacon sausage, fruit, cereal, etc. No complaints.

The hotel is a bit out of the way from the main tourist attractions in Tampa. But it is well worth the drive. The next time I travel to Tampa, I will be staying at the Embassy Brandon.

St. Louis, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

then this hotel is for you! We had a reservation here for one night (the day after Thanksgiving). We thought it was closer to the Tampa airport, but that was our error.
Upon arriving in the lobby, the strong smell of coconut permeated the air. My asthmatic lungs began to react, and my husband began coughing. We had to wait about 10 minutes, as there was only 1 gal at the one-person desk. That was ridiculous!
When we finally were at the desk, I asked about the coconut smell, to which she replied, "It's the Embassy Suites scent!" I was very upset about this because it was bothering my breathing. Plus, it was 3:00, and after driving for almost 4 hours, our room wasn't ready.
I flagged down a very nice young gal, who was the Asst. General Manager. I told her that they need to consider the minority of people, like me, who are sensitive to fragrances, odors, etc. She offered to turn off the scent machine, which I gladly agreed to. We waited outside while she checked on our room. While waiting, there were TONS of young kids, from sports teams, checking in. I asked about that, and she said they'd be scattered throughout the hotel. Then I said we didn't want to stay there, and she gladly made us a reservation at another Embassy Suites closer to the Tampa airport (the one on Westshore, of which I'll write another "scent" review).
We have stayed at Embassy Suites hotels before, but not for several years. My guess is that they all have scent machines in the lobbies. Why? I'm awaiting an answer from them!

Room Tip: I can't comment on the rooms, and other related services, since we didn't actually stay here...
Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
General_ManagerEMB, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are so sorry for any inconvenience we caused you with our lobby scent machine but please know we take extreme pride in our hotel, guest service and cleanliness. I am certainly glad we were able to find another location for your stay in Tampa.

I hope that you will stay with us the next time you are in Tampa so we can have an opportunity to showcase our clean and friendly hotel.

Have a great day!

New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I love Embassy Suites and try to stay at them as often as I can. This hotel was exactly what I was expecting. Nice hotel, lovely room, great breakfast. Unfortunately the girl who checked us in was not as lovely. She was a bit rude and did not seem to be having a good day.

Otherwise, it was great!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
General_ManagerEMB, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am thrilled to hear we were able to meet your expectations as an Embassy brand!

I do however sincerely apologize you did not find our front desk associate to be friendly at check-in. We take extreme pride in our guest service and I truly appreciate you giving us feedback so I can take appropriate measures to ensure none of our future guests have a similar experience.

I hope that next time you are in the area you will give us another chance to prove how much pride we have with exceeding all of our guest’s expectations.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

You always hear "what can we do to make your stay more enjoyable" or "how can serve you better". Well maybe accommodating and great customer service would help. We checked in on Fri Nov 4 2011 at 3p. I soon realized that I had mistakenly reserved a smoking room. I asked since it was so early if they could change it hoping that they either had a cancellation or expected one. No can do. So I asked if the rooms smelled of smoke and she replied they filter all rooms. So going on up to the farthest room from the lobby and elevator upon entering the room it smelled like there was someone still smoking in the room. I need a new knee and wonder why it seems that first come is last served. So we we went to the managers reception where the bartender replied to me when I asked my friend for some ones for tips that it didn't need to be ones to tip. She later told my friend if she didn't bring her glass back next time she would give her a paper cup. No one was busing their glasses so how were we to know to bring glasses back to bar. She seemed angry and irritated to be there. She told the 20yr old with us that she could get sprite from the machines. My 21yr old son ended up sleeping on floor cause sleep sofa was so uncomfortable. Breakfast next morning was wonderful as was Carmen.

Room Tip: Ask for Carmen in food service. She really went out of her way to make you feel welcome and happy.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
General_ManagerEMB, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are so sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us but please know we take extreme pride in guest service and cleanliness. I can assure you this is not a normal occurrence for us and we have taken action to ensure other guests do not have the same experience.

We hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Tampa!

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Very pleasant experience. Hotel is very nice inside and the emplyees go out of their way to ensure everything is right. The room was very spacious and clean, bed was very comfortable and having 2 TVs is very nice. The managers evening get together was very nice and the buffet breakfast is oustanding. You can't go wrong staying with them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
General_ManagerEMB, General Manager at Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We agree with all of the amenities we offer: 2 room suites, complimentary made to order breakfast and manager's reception daily you can't beat the value!

Thanks again for staying with us. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This hotel is fantastic, from the moment we arrived until we left all the staff where freindly and helpful.
When we checked in we were given a voucher for a complimentary pizza in the bar
The managers reception serving complimentary drinks and snacks from 5.30-7.30 is a great bonus, the lady behind the bar was so nice, cheerful and helpful.
I was drinking Martini and sprite i had finished the bottle although she was really busy it was not a problem to her she went to the bar to get another bottle even though i said it didn't matter.
The assisitant manager came around glass collecting and took the time out to speak to us.
My kids loved the glass lift we were on the 8th floor so they got a great view of the hotel.
Rooms were very spacious with two rooms one was like a living room with a sofa, dining table and flat screen t.v.
There was also two double beds and a flat screen in the bedroom great for families.
Rooms and hotel were spotless.
Breakfast was excellent.
Bar prices where reasonable considering the high standards of this hotel.
When we return to the United States we will definatley be staying in this hotel it is in a great location for Bush Gardens.
I believe that this is more than a 3 star hotel in England this would get a five star award.
Not much for children, my children are 11 &14 so they were happy to watch t.v or go into the computer room.
I was a bit disapointed that there was no free WI FI my children had got ipods and every hotel we had stayed in had free WI FI.
We arrived at the hoel at 5.45pm and left the next day at 11.30am so i didn't feel that we would benefit from paying for the internet for 2 kids to use their i pods

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We were very delighted you chose our hotel for your international visit to the US! We are very centrally located to Tampa and Orlando with easy access to Busch Gardens.

Ryan Frederick

Been to Embassy Suites Tampa - Brandon? Share your experiences!