“Confusing parking & finding it at first, but overall worth the price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SS American Victory Mariners' Memorial and Museum Ship

Ranked #29 of 60 Attractions in Tampa
Type: History Museums, Ships, Specialty Museums, Museums
Land O Lakes, Florida
21 attraction reviews
“Confusing parking & finding it at first, but overall worth the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We paid for the tickets through Groupon (even though the regular prices are still very reasonable). We had a hard time figuring out where to park, and where the entrance to the ship was. But we were amazed at the size, and the fact that it's still running for its age and original use!! Staff was helpful and friendly. Gift shop really didn't have much selection and was kind of pricey considering what they did offer, but I did decide on something I liked! Very interesting to see original artifacts from when it was in original operation. I think it would be best suited for those not in wheelchairs or that are claustrophobic, as some areas are very tight getting through or standing in, and the stairs are not accommodating to a wheelchair. Also, if you are bringing babies, be sure to maybe carry them in a reliable "wrap" as you may need your hands to steady yourself on the really steep stairs. Kids did like seeing a "pirate ship" that passed by as well. They also offer a cruise aboard this same ship once or twice a year for a fee. We really overall enjoyed our visit!

Visited March 2014

Oxford, Florida
“Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Here for a July 4th event. The staff were rude and unhelpful. We arrived early to get parking. Staff had no ability to communicate where to park, how to get there, or what we might do while waiting to get in. Staff might want to learn the "service" part of Customer Service. The chairs left out for the event were covered in dirt. Basic event planning would include simple cleaning for paying guests. The ship is a toilet... And the toilet is a cesspool. The ship isn't a source of Tampa pride, it's a source of embarrassment.

Visited July 2014
Ocala, Florida
18 attraction reviews
“so/so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Fortunately for us, we found a deal online. Walking through the old ship itself was a neat experience. However, we were expecting to find a museum aboard and it was more like some sparsely spaced artifacts (mainly clothing, etc.) throughout. If you've never been, I'd say its worth looking at on a deal but certainly not full price, as we were only there for about an hour.

Visited June 2014
“Fun with the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had a blast with my kids today on the ship. The ship was a little hard to find behind the Florida Aquarium but was worth the effort. Just wish you could see more of the ship.

Visited May 2014
North Fort Myers, Florida
55 attraction reviews
“Dissapointed, but worth seeing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The ship is hard to find because of poor signage. We parked at the aquarium and I think you can park right by the ship. I didn't see the small sign to turn in to the ship. I actually sailed on the SS Harvard Victory, carrying bombs to Vietnam in 1969. So I was disappointed when they told me I needed an ID card to get a Vet discount. Anyway, the engine room was off limits and the engineering officers deck was off limits, also. I never could find anyone to ask permission to see either one. I was able to take a nice self-guided tour, since I knew my way around as well as any of the staff. Good for them, that they made this old boat operational in spite all of the Coast Guard and insurance requirements needed. Just a bit underwhelming for me.

Visited May 2014