“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Ohio
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

We just returned from a 6 night stay at the Staybridge Suites in Tampa Sabal Park. The hotel is very pet friendly - we traveled for the first time with our dog. The complimentary breakfast and midweek evening reception were great - we were able to make our own waffles - NOT frozen but with batter on a griddle waffle iron. We were upgraded with our "priority club" status to a 1 bedroom apartment - this was so nice to have the extra room. The property is located conveniently off I -75 and I -4 making the tip to Sarasota, Venice beaches, and Fort DeSoto park very easy (just avoid rush hour). The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. the first day we went to downtown Tampa (less than 15 minuste drive and did not need to get back on highway) to Channelside and the Riverwalk. Drove over to Davis Island - great views. The city of Brandon is less than 5 miles away with a huge shopping mall and restaurants (chain as well as local).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
StaybridgeTampa, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Thank you so much for your posting! I am happy to hear the team took such great care of you. As a Priority Club member I realize you have many options when it comes to travel and I appreciate you choosing our hotel. I look forward to meeting you on your next stay. Regards, Melissa Browne

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

We stayed in a beautiful two bedroom, two bath suite. We have stayed at several Staybridges' in the past and this was among the best. Our room was very clean and tastefully decorated. The breakfast was well stocked and the usual Staybridge fare. The location was convenient to I-75. The only minor issue was that not all of the washing machines were in working order (two of the four). The outdoor pool and hot tub were amazingly warm and clean. It appeared that the propety was very new.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast and that you took advantage of our heated pool during your stay! I apologize for the problem with 2 of our washing machines, and I assure you that problem has been repaired. Thank you again for your loyalty to Staybridge Suites, and I hope we see you again!
Regards,
Melissa Browne
ourkleinbunch
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Dont do it! Non smoking rooms are full of smoke from neighboring rooms that are actual smoking room! Elevators and hallways REEK of cigarette smoke! poor ventialtion! We could not reach front desk on the phone walked down and the front desk man was ignoring calls! this went on for an hour! WAAAYYY overpriced! This place charges 25 cents for 1 Q-tip! Grounds are infested with fire ant hills that bite! Beds were nice room was new and clean! BUT THATS IT! Dont take family there! A man over breakfast whom I think was another guest, Told his companion in front of my 3 sons, I hate when they let small little Mother [--] Stay at this hotel! Guess the hotel had nothing to do with that but thats the company they keep. we spent $250 fro 2 nights thhnking we would enjoy a larger room and i wish i could take it all back! Managment did nothing to help actual on front desk person told us" I can't help you!" I need a broom to clean up a broken glass in my room! told me to put a towel over it! Had to switch our room after a long day at busch gardens because it was full AND I MEAN full of cigarette smoke and i have a child with Asthma! It was a non smoking room! Then it set back not near ANYTHING! OH EXCEPT A HUGE JAIL! And they place warning cards on all the beds to tell you secure your room and cars! Not to answer your door to strangers, It was a long list of safety things to do at there hotel! Some guy had a huge loud motorcycle that he was reving the motor through the night and then parked in on the sidwalk in front of the lobby doors! All DAY! WE travel alot and this is my first bad reveiew I have ever written because it was that bad and they did nothing about it!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize that you were not able to enjoy the "home away from home" ambiance that so many of our other guests have. We are located in the center of a professional business center, Sabal Park. Our next-door neighbors are Nova Southeastern University and Ford Motor Credit, and the back of our hotel faces a beautiful wooded area with a pond. While there is a sheriff’s office and training facility down the road, I can assure you we are nowhere near a state penitentiary.
Your candid feedback is being used to correct some of the concerns you had during your stay. I apologize for the unacceptable behavior of the front desk associate who placed your call on hold for an extended amount of time and was not able to immediately assist you when you broke a glass in your room. He and the rest of our staff value and appreciate all of our guests. We have taken this failure seriously, and I have personally spent time with the Front Desk staff to conduct one-on-one training in prioritizing and anticipating our guests’ needs while multitasking. I also want to apologize for the smoke smell you experienced, and can assure you this is not the norm as our 10 designated smoking rooms are all on the top floor for the comfort of our non-smoking guests. It is also unfortunate that you did not have the best experience regarding the fellow guests at the hotel, which is unusual because 75% of our guests are business travelers.
I do want to mention that when you spoke with our Front Desk Supervisor on the phone you told her how much you and your family enjoyed your stay, loved the hotel and your room, and overall were happy with your stay. Our entire staff is trained to take immediate steps to resolve any problems brought to our attention, and I wish we had been able to do that during your visit. I hope that the next time you are in town you will give us one more chance to show you that our professionalism and service levels exceed the level that you have come to expect from such a great hotel like Staybridge Suites. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may ever be of assistance in the future.
Regards, Melissa Browne
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

After our last stay at Staybridge (in Tallahassee), we decided we would push our luck in Tampa and spend another night there after being on the road earlier than expected and needing a place to stay.

This time, since we were planning on going to the zoo in the morning, we were looking for proximity, and as we had good luck, figured "why not"?

Overall, we were pleased - but we just weren't as pleased. The hotel looked almost identical to the one that we were at just two nights before. They could have been twins. The staff was very nice. The place was clean. So what was the difference?

The first problem was finding it. Though we had a tourbook from AAA, a GPS to direct us, and knew right where we were going, it took us quite a while to get there. The roads were just a little wacky and the entrance is on the backside of an office park. Or we felt like it was anyway.

The second problem was that it just wasn't quite as well outfitted as the last place. The televisions didn't have as good a selection, and there was no computer provided in the room. To be fair, we didn't expect it in Tallahassee, and had we not experienced that one, this one might not have seemed as average. But we did, and so this one suffers. I hate that, but that's the way it is...

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
StaybridgeTampa, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, March 24, 2010
Thank you so much for your feedback! I understand you had some problems with the route given by GPS. We are located right in the middle of 3 major highways, so the directions should have been more straightforward. I have contacted NAVTEQ to work on a solution. I am glad you got to enjoy the in-room computers at the Tallahassee location, and I hope you had a chance to visit the business center where our computers are located. It sounds like you are a loyal Staybridge Suites guest! Thank you for choosing us, and I hope to meet you on your next visit to Tampa.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Stayed here while visiting Tampa. Room was clean, service was good, breakfast was nice. The hotel is in the center of an office park, but not too far from I-75. Most of the guest were there long term. Hotel had a nice fitness center, business center and a small pool. Grills were available for guest use. All rooms have a full kitchen, were clean and residential feeling. Only negative is that the have window AC units and the televisions were not LCD or Plasma. If in Tampa for an extended stay-- I would stay here with no hesitation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review, and for posting the pictures! I am glad you were able to enjoy all that our hotel has to offer during your stay. Our rooms are all temperature controlled by thermostats, although we do have the unit under the windows. We hope you get the chance to come back to Tampa and visit us again!
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Booked this through Priceline sight unseen. Knew nothing of this chain. Hotel was clean, room very comfortable. loved the suite with ammenities from everything you need for an extended stay. The breakfast was very good! close to the Highway so easy access to everything. Quite hotel too. The AC was a bit loud but didnt bother me. Nice exercise room. free guest laundry. and computer access room as well. I would definately stay here again. and got an amazing deal through priceline to boot. stayed 8 nights in August this 2009.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for this great review! I am so glad you were able to spend 8 nights with us and enjoy the amazing amenities we offer for extended stay travelers. Our free guest laundry is definitely a big hit! We hope to see you soon on your next trip to Tampa.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed there from January 20 - 23/2009. A good hotel but you need a rental car to get around.
A very quiet hotel. Not many people there. Decent but very small breakfast buffet - scrambled eggs with either bacon or sausage every morning wasn't too bad. The best part of breakfast is to make your own waffle! Very yummy.
We didn't use any of the hotel amenities apart from the business center which was small but ok.
Some staff were great but one in particular didn't look happy to be there. The breakfast lady was always happy to see you.
Our room was much smaller than other Staybridge Suites of the same category. The kitchen was too small to cook in. Overall it was cozy and comfortable. One of the best hotel beds I've ever slept on and the pull out couch was very comfy.
Many prisons and police stations in the area.
15 minute drive to restaurants and shopping - Kmart, Publix grocery, Walgreen's, Denny's...
A 20 minute drive to Busch Gardens. Not too far from the I-4. Major streets all around.
20+ minute drive to The Florida Aquarium and The St. Pete's Times Forum.
Hour's drive to the beaches - we went to Indian Shores one day to look around. Found a dead turtle on the beach. Very sad.
Get yourself a map of the area - you will need one to get around.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon? Share your experiences!