“Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 159 hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have stayed about 10 nights this year at this hotel and each time the staff have met my expectations. They all very courteous and friendly especially Angela!!!! If you are looking for "CONSISTENCY" and a clean friendly environment? This is the place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Naveen S,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which we have shared with our staff. We are so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us and we appreciate you being a loyal repeat guest, We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you for your business!

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Very pleasant experience, especially with Angela at the front desk. Friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and made you feel right at home. I got an upgrade as soon as I arrived and Angela followed up to make sure everything was fine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Adam K,
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay, which we have shared with our staff. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon. We appreciate your business!
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a week in June 2014. The location is great, the hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable. A few small hiccups in my stay but the staff went out of their way to correct the issue. They have a social 3 days a week that allows guests to mingle and it's family friendly. Gina, the front desk manager is incredible! Absolutely 5 stars for customer service for her. I would not hesitate to stay here again and I certainly recommend to anyone visiting Tampa!

• Stayed June 2014
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear 3secondfall,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which we have shared with our staff. We are thrilled
to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for your business!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My daughter and I stayed 3 nights. We had been given a one bedroom suite with a wheelchair roll-in type shower with no tub. We didn't need this, but hadn't planned to question it. But right after checking into our room, we accidently left our keycards in the room and had to go to the front desk. While Glenn was giving us a new key, I asked if there were any rooms with standard baths available. He upgraded us to a great two bedroom/ two bath suite for the first two nights with a return to a one bedroom for our final night. The suites were great and all of the staff were fantastic. The hot breakfast buffet and occasional evening snacks were also unexpected and very good. We will definitely return there in the future.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Bob H,
to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for choosing our Staybridge Suites Tampa!
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My family and I stayed here overnight and found it to be quite acceptable. It was close to the freeway and easy to find. The room was clean and big enough for the three of us to be comfortable. King size bed in bedroom, pull out sofa in the living room. Kitchen was well equipped. Two flat screen TV's - one in bedroom and one in living room area. Free wi-fi. Free breakfast with enough different choices for everybody. $142 for a Friday night stay which is about average for that area for a kitchenette type suite. Only big drawback was air conditioner was in closet in bedroom and was a little noisy. When we pulled out the sofa to make it into a bed there was no blanket. It was late so we used the bedspread from the bed for that person.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs in case you get the noisy AC in the bedroom. Check for bedding for pull-out sofa wh...
Green Features: Housekeeping only came when necessary so that is good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear TropicalDiane,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We really appreciate your valuable feedback and comments as a Senior Reviewer on Tripadvisor. We're so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, found the room comfortable and our location easy to find. We have passed on your additional comments to our Engineering and Housekeeping Depts. to ensure the proper follow up actions are taken. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back the next time you visit Tampa!
Austin, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I elected to stay at this property based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. Surprisingly, this hotel is ranked #5 out of 158 hotels in Tampa. IHG was running their Big Win promotion, which was also an incentive for booking my stay. I was extremely displeased with the service and the stay.
Let me preface by stating that I travel every week for a living and have done so for the past 14 years. I am trying out the IHG brand but am a loyal HHonors Diamond Member. I am not impressed with this IHG brand and this stay definitely convinced me that I will not be trading in my loyalty to Hilton.
My stay spanned Monday night to Thursday morning, April 28 to May 1, 2014. Monday night I arrived very late, past midnight and the gentleman at check-in was courteous and allowed me to park in the loading zone parking space as it was very late and the parking lot was full in the front – he completely empathized with me not wanting to walk alone in the middle of the night in a non-lit part of the hotel. Tuesday morning – I grab a cup of coffee and there are no lids – a minor annoyance, but this was corrected the next day. Tuesday evening I return and find my room was not serviced at all. They have a sign in the bathroom stating that they complete an abbreviated service during the stay, and this involves replacing towels and making the bed. I arrived at my hotel and it was just as I left it (I did not leave the do not disturb sign out). When I called the front desk to ask for an explanation, I received no reason and the front desk attendant just stuttered and mumbled about how he didn’t know why my room was not serviced and that no housekeeping staff was on duty late in the afternoon. In the 14 years that I have been traveling weekly, not once has my room ever gone unserviced. I found this unacceptable, but dealt with it and my room was serviced the next day after I asked the front desk to make sure my room was not skipped again. Wednesday night, I returned too late for the evening cookout meal and was told there was no food remaining. However, the front desk attendant, Glen, had his two hot dogs set aside. I find it unprofessional to tell a guest that the food is all gone while I see an employee has their chow, which is intended for guests. To add insult to injury, I was standing there waiting for Glen to check in a guest, and they’re chit chatting away- and all I want is a laundry bag. After waiting 10 minutes, guess what? He didn’t have any laundry bags at the front and it would be 20 minutes before he could get them to me. I told Glen that I need those bags ASAP and I was waiting to leave (to eat dinner) until I received them. 30 minutes later, I finally received one bag (though I asked for two) and went on my way. Thursday morning, I left that place and swore never to come back.
The happy hour is similar to what you find at other Staybridge Suites and it was good. The breakfast eggs tasted powdery.
I return to Tampa at least once at once a month and I will not be returning here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
StaybridgeTampa, Manager at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your kind words about our courteous front desk representative who accommodated you during your late arrival. I am glad to hear that he was able to provide the type of customer service that we strive to deliver at all times. However I am disappointed to hear your comments about the lapse of service you encountered at the front desk in the evening and assure you this is not typical of a stay at Staybridge Suites Tampa. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better, and I can assure you that these problems were immediately addressed to ensure our staff is properly trained to live up to the usual excellent standards that the majority of reviewers on TripAdvisor talk about. Again, please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered.
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed there last weekend while kids were at Guava Fest at the Fairgrounds,it was just minutes away,nice room,with full amenities,great breakfast,staff,quiet,would stay again,pool was warm,clean,daily papers,nice patio,even the teenagers were impressed!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear April67_12,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which we have shared with our team. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the Big Guava Music Festival here in Tampa last weekend. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Thank you for staying with us!

Been to Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon? Share your experiences!